• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold's New Mk 6 1-6x24 Tactical review at SHOT!

Re: Leupold's New Mk 6 1-6x24 Tactical review at SHOT!

I like the CMR-W on my 5.56mm, b/c I shoot M855 out of my 16" AR carbines.

I think I would prefer standard mil dots/ TMR and standard mil turrets in my 7.62 b/c I shoot 16" bbl MWS' and the BDC probably won't match the 16" bbl velocity.
I would be interested in the CMR-W reticle if it did match a 16" bbl. I also shoot both M80 ball and match ammo, so the TMR is more flexible.

That 3-18 mark 6 looks real interesting for my .308 bolt

I've been a Leupold basher for a long time now. My last Leupold was a Premier Reticles gen 2 mil dot about 15 years ago. I've been thinking about a US Optics SN3, but I'll look at the 3-18x mark 6 when it comes out. The Mark 6 line looks like Leupold might finally be coming around if the street price comes in at $1,500 on that 1-6x

Check out Mike at CS Tactical Video on the 1-6:
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h7x2dHE_O7U&feature=relmfu"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h7x2dHE_O7U&feature=relmfu" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Scott,

I would opt for the CMR 5.56 BDC. I like the horseshoe design, and the wind holds.

Competition for the SWFA 1-6... I just love the SS lineup, but this scope looks solid.

Of those three, I would get TMR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eternal24k</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bah! BDC reticle according to that video. Mil-based is so much more versatile.

Well, scratch this one off the list...
frown.gif
</div></div>

that's a bummer, I am really getting sick of all of the BDC reticles. I have a variety of calibers and bbl lengths and like to move things around, or atleast have the option </div></div>

I could not agree more. I've bounced my SS 1-4X24 HD around on a 20" an 16" AR, HK 91, M1A NM, Remington 600 and LMT MWS. The SS has ffp and mil/mil. I just stick with the drop charts I've worked up for the different loads and rifles. Once I'm zeroed life is good. I've tried two different BDC reticle scopes and you have to start from scratch if you want precision. Personally I'm waiting for the new SS 1-6 HD with ffp and mil/mil.

I'd like to see what the TMR reticle looks like when illuminated.

I find all of these dedicated caliber specific reticles too confining.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sititunga1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like to see what the TMR reticle looks like when illuminated.

I find all of these dedicated caliber specific reticles too confining. </div></div>

Agreed. BDC reticles ar OK if one has yardage markers or a laser rangefinder. Nightforce has a good idea with their LV1000 reticle in combining a BDC that included a ranging scale on top.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Singlestack Wonder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sititunga1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like to see what the TMR reticle looks like when illuminated.

I find all of these dedicated caliber specific reticles too confining. </div></div>

Agreed. BDC reticles ar OK if one has yardage markers or a laser rangefinder. Nightforce has a good idea with their LV1000 reticle in combining a BDC that included a ranging scale on top. </div></div>

The BDC is really nice in this Leupold, The BDC reticle also works as a ranging device. Just place something that is 18inch across and size the reticle to it. What ever the range is the hold off reticle that you use. I have used many different BDCs in the past and they are the fastest reticles for a low power combat sight. That is why everyone uses them. If you are looking for more of a precision scope then the TMR would be better. Or a hybrid like BDC turret/with TMR reticle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frankythefly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Singlestack Wonder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sititunga1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like to see what the TMR reticle looks like when illuminated.

Agreed. BDC reticles ar OK if one has yardage markers or a laser rangefinder. Nightforce has a good idea with their LV1000 reticle in combining a BDC that included a ranging scale on top. </div></div>

The BDC is really nice in this Leupold, The BDC reticle also works as a ranging device. Just place something that is 18inch across and size the reticle to it. What ever the range is the hold off reticle that you use. I have used many different BDCs in the past and they are the fastest reticles for a low power combat sight. That is why everyone uses them. If you are looking for more of a precision scope then the TMR would be better. Or a hybrid like BDC turret/with TMR reticle. </div></div>

Any pictures of the new Leupold reticles?

CMR-W 7.62 version.

CMR 5.56 version, Looks like a nice scope!

For my application on an issue M4 or my PredatAR 5.56 I would definitely go with the CMR 5.56 The TMR has its place for precision and long range work, but the speed of a good BDC in combat, IWQ (individual weapons qual), CQB and even 3-gun is invaluable. When seconds count, it's best to get lead heading that general direction and get some heads down while you range them on the fly. One shot kills are quite rare in a firefight it seems...

I wonder if the Mk6 will be available to international customers or if it will be ITAR regulated.

Any more word on pricing and availability of the Mark 6 1-6x20mm(34mm) 7.62 M6C1, Matte, Illum. Front Focal CMR-W?

SWFA has it listed. $1,949.95

Says the adjustments are 1/4 MOA... hoping that's a mistake.

BUMP for any more word on these.

at that price point I would take an IOR Valdada 1-10x26 any day of the week. just my opinion. I think IOR and SS scopes give a lot more bang for the buck than others

I was told by Leupold LE program that my MK6 1-6 should ship beginning of July. Im hoping so because I pick up my SR-25 ECC Monday and it wont be complete without it...

Yep, Leupy rep emailed that shipping early July is the goal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, Leupy rep emailed that shipping early July is the goal. </div></div>

Well, bummer. I was told early June 6 weeks ago... Better late than never.

Now being told they are hoping to release in the first part of August.

Just an FYI in case anyone else was wondering/waiting.

Any more news on these? Shipping still end of July/ Aug?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ivan R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">at that price point I would take an IOR Valdada 1-10x26 any day of the week. just my opinion. I think IOR and SS scopes give a lot more bang for the buck than others </div></div>

But the IOR doesn't have an Aimpoint bright daylight visible illuminated reticle.

Email I got yesterday from their LE/Dept. FWIW I have been getting told "they will be in production in the next week" for about a month. So I am just hoping to get mine by Sept.

The 1-6x with 7.62 reticle is slated to begin production in the next couple weeks.

After QC inspections are complete, I am guessing we are still 2-3 weeks out from shipping the first scopes with that reticle.

Also, you can check in with me again in a couple weeks and I would be happy to give you an update/tracking number then.

Thank you very much for your patience, we are very close to getting across the finish line on this scope!

I just ordered mine with the 7.62 reticle yesterday. Jeremy confirmed what you said about production starting in 2 weeks. I was hoping to have it in time for the AR15.com Rockcastle pro am in August. I guess I will have to stick with my Burris XTR 1-4 for the match. I can't wait to get the Leupold and my JP LRP-07 married up.

I'd sure like to have some firsthand descriptions of the these reticles look and work at low and high magnification. Call me cautious!

Spoke to Leupold today and confirmed the Mk 6 1-6x20 TMR version does have an Aimpoint bright daytime visible illuminated reticle. The very center is illuminated to provide low mag CQB capabilities.

The bad news is delivery won't be until the end of the year/early 2013.

The suppliers in Australia are trying to sell them to my department now, they haven't said anything about it being a pre-order??? I'll check further on Monday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sititunga1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The bad news is delivery won't be until the end of the year/early 2013. </div></div>

You've got to be kidding me...

If they pass QA, we should be hearing from people before the end of the month.

Just as an FYI, while researching this optic, I saw that this review from Gear Scout had not been posted and I found it pretty informative. Seems like they gave it a pretty good test run with some solid guys (John McPhee for example).

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2012/05/08/review-leupold-mark6-1-6x20mm-riflescope/

Of note, they were using the CMR-W reticle, and the part where they mention the illum. is difficult to use on 1x (too small) is a little bit of a let down...but the paragraph around that explains it isn't a huge deal to run it on 1.5x (or so) as a low end and gain a more useful "dot" size. That said, there are optics out there that give you a useable dot at 1x, so that could be a decision point/issue for a given individual. It will be interesting to see how the TMR version fares, and I am looking forward to seeing the opinions of more reviewers (hopefully of equally high quality) as these scopes start getting out there.

Anyways it is a good read, and I hope it is not forbidden or in bad form to post the link (still pretty new here but didn't see any issues in the rules).

I have the 762 CMR-W scope on order and was told they will be shipping by the end of August. Of course military contracts will get the first ones off the line, which they should, but we will be soon after. Not a long wait. The MK6 will complete my ECC
wink.gif

Status on the MK 6 1-6? End of September, end of the year? Shipping yet?

I pre-ordered in May and the last update I got was on the 19 SEP and it read:

"looking at a November timeframe for beginning to ship the 1-6x, as the demand is off the charts."

and:

"The Mark 8 3.5-25x56 will most likely be available late November, early December. "

My pessimistic self says plan on Jan 2013 and you'll either be right or pleasantly surprised.

-Rob

By then the USO 1x8 may be out and I'll be considering canceling my order...

I was going to get on of these and put on a brand new 18 " OBR

I decided to go with a Nightforce 2.5 x 10

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was going to get on of these and put on a brand new 18 " OBR

I decided to go with a Nightforce 2.5 x 10 </div></div>

I have the NF2.5-10x24 on one of my SBRs. Really nice scope, but I want the built in red-dot function now that this feature is becoming more available. Leupold, Vortex, USO and even Meopta look like they have some viably priced products. I'm a big S&B fan but can't see how they can now compete at the prices they are now charging. They raised the price of their 1-4 Short-Dot by $300 at the the beginning of the year. These are now priced at $2700! Just who is going to buy a 1-4 power scope at that price?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sititunga1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was going to get on of these and put on a brand new 18 " OBR

I decided to go with a Nightforce 2.5 x 10 </div></div>

I have the NF2.5-10x24 on one of my SBRs. Really nice scope, but I want the built in red-dot function now that this feature is becoming more available. Leupold, Vortex, USO and even Meopta look like they have some viably priced products. I'm a big S&B fan but can't see how they can now compete at the prices they are now charging. They raised the price of their 1-4 Short-Dot by $300 at the the beginning of the year. These are now priced at $2700! Just who is going to buy a 1-4 power scope at that price? </div></div>

I'm hoping NF will figure out how to do a projected red dot soon. For me, mil-dot + red dot = nirvana.