• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Lever Action thread

I wish somebody would make an affordable lever gun in 460s&w. I don't really want to pay $3,100 for one.

Reactions: Jaron3 and FuhQ
MI rail is on order. Mounted an extra aimpoint I had laying around on it. This is my first lever gun and I’m in love!

760A3F28-501C-4035-9D74-D6E8EAF3ACB9.jpeg
87EFF666-8DFA-44B6-A390-33F36AB83189.jpeg
71FA913F-AE22-4457-A4A7-DA294A8E6A9A.jpeg

Last edited:
What is the consensus on optics for these rifles? It shot so good with the aimpoint at 100 yards that it makes me want to mount a scope on it. Would a 1-6 razor be frowned upon by the lever action crowd?

Reactions: stefan73
I hope Marlin will make this model again I would love a 357 mag lever rifle.

I can’t think of a better setup. I much prefer the Marlins to the Henry’s, although I haven’t shot the newer X series so not sure on those. But the 1894’s have a ton of aftermarket support and can be slicked up nice.

What is the consensus on optics for these rifles? It shot so good with the aimpoint at 100 yards that it makes me want to mount a scope on it. Would a 1-6 razor be frowned upon by the lever action crowd?
Depend who you ask. Generally you have the traditional crowd who frowns on any modern attachment lol.

I will say the Razor is a heavy bitch and it makes the light and skinny lever guns feel like they have a lopsided brick on them. Because of how short they are vertically, they feel much more awkward than an AR with heavy optics.

A lot of guys like a 1-4/1-6 on them but I’d go lighter and mounted lower

Last edited:
I wish somebody would make an affordable lever gun in 460s&w. I don't really want to pay $3,100 for one.

With 45-70 so prevalent I’m not sure the market is there for it.

Reactions: HOOFER
Razor is a very nice scope but i would go would something lighter.The swfa 1x4 is a nice little scope i run one on a 10/22 and take it out to 200 yds with no problem.

See post #132...

It's super light and functional even out to 200 yards with the .44 Mag, so it should be capable at 200-300 with a .45-70.

I like Marlin 39A. I have given 1 to each of my 3 kids and 4 grandkids.
I don't like the ones with the push button lawyer safety.
The older ones are getting harder to find and pricy. Hope my kids are done having younguns.
I have been shooting mine for over 50 years and never had a problem with it.

I hope Marlin Ruger bring the old style 39 back into production.
It really is a good looking rifle. Clean lines, everything flows together aesthetically. Simpler times.

In the last couple of months of 2022 I picked up 3 new Henry X models, 357 Mag, 30-30 and a 45-70. I have orders in for Midwest industries handguards and Chisel stocks. I gave my Henry .357 Mag Big boy steel side gate to my son. No picks as they all look like a Henry X model, black plastic.