• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes LF opinions- Vortex Razor HD on 700 Police 338 l

CALE262

Private
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I'm just getting back into shooting, I picked up a Reminton 700 Police in 338 lapua with a 20moa base and am now looking at glass...I have a Vortex razor HD sitting here (on loan to me ATM), it looks good but have been out of the scene for some years and know very little about Vortex. Any thing you can add would be appreciated...

VORTEX RAZOR HD 5-20x50 EBR-2MRAD P#RZR551
IMG_1462.jpg

to go on...
IMG_1459.jpg

TIA,
B

Re: LF opinions- Vortex Hazor HD on 700 Police 338 l

There have been several reviews in the last week, just look on the first two pages of the optics section and you'll find them.

There has been a hiccup or two, but the overall impressions seem very good.

We'd love to have your opinion as well, mount that sucker up and get to shooting.

Re: LF opinions- Vortex Hazor HD on 700 Police 338

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...
We'd love to have your opinion as well, mount that sucker up and get to shooting. </div></div>

I'd love to but...35mm rings are nowhere to be found locally atm and this unit isn't mine...yet
wink.gif

I did a search but didn't find any threads,...I'll look some more.

B

I wish I had your issues...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We'd love to have your opinion as well, mount that sucker up and get to shooting. </div></div>

I vote for this as well! I'm looking to do this exact setup; waiting on my damn rifle though for a bit now.....oh hum

That scope would be PERFECT for your application!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That scope would be PERFECT for your application! </div></div>

Excellent...unfortunately today I was told that the 35mm Vortex rings are a few months away...I'm not overly impressed about that...maybe a custom one piece rings/base may be in order, and that should give me some time to shake the cobwebs off and start putting some lapua rounds together...good thing i have lots of 308 to keep me busy in the now...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just get some Seekins or Talley rings and shoot on..... </div></div>

bingo!

I'm right down the road in Kalispell.....come on down and I'll deliver you a set of rings.

I think the scope and rifle is a match made in heaven.

Scott

Rings finally showed up along with two cases of Hornady...I'll be home sometime next week...Can't wait to finally put this rig to work...

The brake that comes on the 338 sucks. I went with a FTE brake and it made a world of difference. The rifle is nice to shoot now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The brake that comes on the 338 sucks. I went with a FTE brake and it made a world of difference. The rifle is nice to shoot now. </div></div>

Really, did you pick that up locally? MilArm/P&D?

The only guys I know of that would bring it in were Wolverine. I will pm you the details.

Finally got to shoot her today, started at 100M and zero'd her in 5cm high which was bang on at 200M. Then I spent the rest of the day and about 100rnds dialling her in right out to 800M...Now I need to find somewhere close to shoot beyond 800M...She does need a new brake though, first prone shot dusted me good, after that I put my jacket under the muzzle which worked pretty well.

Scott at Liberty Optics will have them for you. Whoops, this was a little late. Didn't read all the posts.

100 rounds of .338lm? U sir are more manly (and richer) than I am.