• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Equipment LG outdoor scalping primers

I got all excited and then was like well Fuck That shit....

I just need SRP and SPP so I can go play....... :(

They sure got the product listing right at those prices (Gold METAL)

Screenshot_20210105-212825_Chrome.jpg

Both LG Outdoor and their other company, Wholesale Hunters, are absolutely the worst! They do enough volume on Gunbroker to hide behind an A+ rating, but there are hundreds of scathing reviews for them with F ratings..ask me how I know. I’ve been screwed by them before...never again.

Reactions: NaciremaToirtap
What do we expect? They see what some are willing to pay, why wouldn’t they want to make a larger profit margin. I personally won’t buy at those prices from anyone. They’ve obviously bought to make a profit. if everyone stops buying, they’ll eventually run out of money and shelves will start getting stocked again.
hoarding is the issue and what’s causing the shortage.

Reactions: airborne6.8
why wouldn’t they want to make a larger profit margin
Well, because a company who takes the long view, appreciates their customers, and understand the value of customer loyalty don't gouge the shit out of them during a temporary crisis like we have now.

All - yep, just note who these vendors are and consider that when making future purchase decisions.

Alamo Ammo is one that I will never, ever buy a single cartridge from again.

1609906267777.png

Reactions: eddie102870
Larry just needs to speed up his order processing so I can see what all he’s gonna short me
Yeah. Ordered a gas block on 12/19. Isn't yet. 12/19 Shinny Nose Larry said they it shipped wasn't picked up by USPS until 12/27. My order must have shipped from inside the warehouse to outside on the loading dock.

Yeah. Ordered a gas block on 12/19. Isn't yet. 12/19 Shinny Nose Larry said they it shipped wasn't picked up by USPS until 12/27. My order must have shipped from inside the warehouse to outside on the loading dock.
That one may not be Larry or Midway's fault. I'm not defending him... I've had a couple orders get mixed up, and had the same from Brownells as well. Everyone makes mistakes. Lately, I've had several boxes that were shipped get held up at various shipping warehouses. One such box was shipped on December 1, arrived yesterday. This has been the case with all three major shipping companies due to plandemic, holidays, and unprecedented increase in shipments due to the first two. This year was crazy !!

Reactions: Simonsza1
Only two domestic companies manufacture primers-Vista Outdoor corp (Federal, Remington, CCI) and Olin Corp (Winchester). Both companies manufacture ammunition for the civilian and gov't supply chains. Vista distributes Alliant powders, Hodgon has almost all the rest. I suspect that primer manufacturing capacity is much less than powder and bullets. Vista and Olin are not going to allocate $ to increase capacity because there is no threat from a competitor.

Only two domestic companies manufacture primers-Vista Outdoor corp (Federal, Remington, CCI) and Olin Corp (Winchester). Both companies manufacture ammunition for the civilian and gov't supply chains. Vista distributes Alliant powders, Hodgon has almost all the rest. I suspect that primer manufacturing capacity is much less than powder and bullets. Vista and Olin are not going to allocate $ to increase capacity because there is no threat from a competitor.
Of course they’re are not. Why would they? Their products are selling like Amish cinnamon buns.

There is the problem right there. Monopoly. If there were other companies that produced primers the problem might not be as bad.....

There is the problem right there. Monopoly. If there were other companies that produced primers the problem might not be as bad.....

Who are the other players that have been bought or coerced out of the market, to establish this so-called "monopoly"?

I seriously doubt that, given the barriers to entry for manufacturing this type of product, that people are clamoring for kickstarts. I can certainly understand the frustration of not being able to find product at this time, but I think that was kind of a lazy, "low hanging fruit" sort of comment.

Do the reloading component producers make more selling primers and powder than loaded ammo? I believe all ammunition for sales to civilian markets are back ordered well into the future, plus Military orders take precedent. I do not foresee “return to normal “ anytime soon.

Well, because a company who takes the long view, appreciates their customers, and understand the value of customer loyalty don't gouge the shit out of them during a temporary crisis like we have now.

it’s cute that you think a company that looks to make a profit cares about something as frivolous, as loyalty...

it’s cute that you think a company that looks to make a profit cares about something as frivolous, as loyalty...
Its sad that you don't know of or remember companies being successful in exactly this way....including many of the vendors who post here on The Hide and provide exemplary customer service.

And I haven't been cute in over 40 years, mate.

Vista Outdoor Corp is a publicly traded company. You can read their 3rd qtr conference call to the investment analysts. The CEO stated that for the first time in their history their order backlog is over a year and is equal to over $1 billion dollars! Vista purchased CCI, Remington and Federal and if they could, they would buy Winchester. Only two companies serving a supply chain means it is not difficult to control supply and prices. I am not criticizing either company, they are corporations making rational business decisions. The customers have to deal with it. This is just a recreational hobby, we can vote with our dollars. I myself will not pay inflated prices due to a bottleneck in the supply chain. I don't need this stuff. I want it, but I don't need it. Patience is a virtue!

One thing everyone should learn from this is, You dont need pile of firearms that take every different type ammunition under the sun. You need less firearms, parts to keep them working, lots of ammo, and shitpile reloading supplys. Stock up when/if prices go down and yall won’t be whineypuss’s next time there’s a blip in the supply chain!

One thing everyone should learn from this is, You dont need pile of firearms that take every different type ammunition under the sun. You need less firearms, parts to keep them working, lots of ammo, and shitpile reloading supplys. Stock up when/if prices go down and yall won’t be whineypuss’s next time there’s a blip in the supply chain!
Maybe we shouldn't have to worry about being "whineypuss's because blip" and maybe some of us shoot when we can afford to and don't have the money all the time to keep up and stockpile? Different strokes for different folks bubba. Definitely can't expect most to make it 12 fucking months without supplies added back to the pile.

Vista Outdoor Corp is a publicly traded company. You can read their 3rd qtr conference call to the investment analysts. The CEO stated that for the first time in their history their order backlog is over a year and is equal to over $1 billion dollars! Vista purchased CCI, Remington and Federal and if they could, they would buy Winchester. Only two companies serving a supply chain means it is not difficult to control supply and prices. I am not criticizing either company, they are corporations making rational business decisions. The customers have to deal with it. This is just a recreational hobby, we can vote with our dollars. I myself will not pay inflated prices due to a bottleneck in the supply chain. I don't need this stuff. I want it, but I don't need it. Patience is a virtue!

Maybe, but the thing is, there stiff regulations to get into manufacturing explosives. Not everyone can just break in. If anyone is creating a monopoly here, it would be the government. Growing a business is the logical conclusion, and any business seeking to expand, must be subject to antitrust oversight. Those sales were approved. Does not fit the legal definition of monopoly. Sure, it fits the "every man" definition.

One thing everyone should learn from this is, You dont need ...

I hate this ridiculous argument.

You don't NEED firearms, period. Your wife doesn't need fake tits, you don't need a gas guzzling truck, etc, etc, etc.

Using the logical fallacy, "begging the question" (otherwise known as "stating the obvious") is no way to compel. And it gets old enough listening to people use it to argue academic subjects, "from their heart". :poop::sick:

Reactions: Smittiac
That one may not be Larry or Midway's fault. I'm not defending him... I've had a couple orders get mixed up, and had the same from Brownells as well. Everyone makes mistakes. Lately, I've had several boxes that were shipped get held up at various shipping warehouses. One such box was shipped on December 1, arrived yesterday. This has been the case with all three major shipping companies due to plandemic, holidays, and unprecedented increase in shipments due to the first two. This year was crazy !!
Got it yesterday US Priority took 19 days. If i'm reading the trk# right it sat at Midway from 12/19 to 12/27 before it was picked up by USPS in Columbia MO.