• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

diGGer

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2008
NY
Anyone here from LI. I'm always looking for someone to shoot with out on the Island.

Re: LI NY

I'm from Bellmore. Just went to the Brookhaven range today. Would like to shoot with ya, just starting to get into the long range shooting.

Mineola area here, usually pistols at mitchell fied, need to get to Brookhaven and try the 200yd range with rifles.

I shoot .308 at Calverton and Brookhaven.
Playing around with reloading, and roughing out my shooting skills.

im from bethpage...usually go out east to brookhaven...recemtly got my pistol license so i will begoing to mitchel field

Huntington here. Usually Pistol at Mitchel Field and rifle out in Calverton or Brookhaven.

Hey guys, valley stream area here...usually go to mitchel, but sometimes make it out to calverton & brookhaven usually during the summer.

Hi guys, do you know any ranges on LI where i could leave my rifle. Haven't yet got a NY permit and want to be able to leave my rifle at a range to use when i want. I understand LI accept this (got the advice from NYPD Rifle Permits office today). thx

sorry TJ...on long island we dont need permets to own long arms so I really dont know a range that would hold onto rifles....If any one is intrestead in shooting out in Brookhaven or Calverten Pm me....Im always looking to meet fellow shooters and learn a thing or too....im also looking for anyone who likes to hunt aswell...Does ayone know of any hunting clubs on LI or new york...(Big Game)

you can contact Mitchel field...they ahve lockers there, but im almost positive they are for gear only. I remeber once hearing about Long Island Shooting center (islip) offering a rifle storage service, but i assume its something pretty expensive like $60+ a month, and at that rate you could just get one of those storage centers and rent small room. But don't call them and tell them you are looking for weapon storage b/c i dont think you are really allowed to.

Did NYPD tell you how long it would take before you heard on the rifle/shotgun permit?

Actually, they told me i could never apply because i would have an L1 work visa which was neither an Alien Registration (green card i think) nor a US citizen. You can't apply without one of those.

To cut a long story short, the Mayor's legal team reached out to me today and said that after consultation with NYPD I can apply and i don't even need to wait the 90-day period. The head of the Permit team said if i have any problems i should call him.

I know NYC gets a hard time from many on gun control but i'm obviously delighted. This saves me a big headache and both the Mayor's office and NYPD really made an effort to help. Every lawyer i spoke to said "no chance" on getting a permit.

A little off subjectbut here goes. Any of you guys know of any ranges that are within 1-2 hours drive to shoot past 200yrds. Please dont say Calverton. I would'nt even try to shoot of those benches at "there 300yrd line". I go to that range a lot but those benches couldn't be leveled with cement blocks. thanks for any help.

no sorry. Try to make a friend with some property upstate. As far as i know calverton is it (which sucks).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldreliable45120</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A little off subjectbut here goes. Any of you guys know of any ranges that are within 1-2 hours drive to shoot past 200yrds. Please dont say Calverton. I would'nt even try to shoot of those benches at "there 300yrd line". I go to that range a lot but those benches couldn't be leveled with cement blocks. thanks for any help. </div></div>

Depending upon where you live on LI and the traffic on the day you want to go, Cherry Ridge in NJ should be within 2 hours.