• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics "Liberty Optics and Snipers Hide, Always a Great Match"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Ron. In my opinion their pricing on the gen 2 is too close to the gen 3 to make me want the gen 2. And if they are wanting the gen 3 to sell at 3000, then at that point im in for saving up a little more dough on zco or TT.

I appreciate the move they made on making such a serious move with the gen 3, but if im paying close to the price of a true tier 1 Im going to hold out for a tier 1, not Vortex or any other brand. My 4 cents worth (the cost of my opinion went up with inflation too)
I was very close to buying at $1799 but this is ultimately exactly what I was thinking.

If anything with the release of the Gen III the price of the Gen II should have dropped, not gone up. I really think the Gen IIs have to get into the sub $1500 range to make it competitive in the market.

Unless Vortex doesn’t care and the Gen II price is a marketing strategy to make the Gen IIIs seem like a good deal and sell more of those instead.

In my opinion, which isn’t worth anything, the Gen III needs to get to the $1800-$2000 range and the Gen II needs to be $1200-$1400 range. It doesn’t look like Vortex will let that happen anytime soon though.

Last edited:
In my opinion, which isn’t worth anything, the Gen III needs to get to the $1800-$2000 range and the Gen II needs to be $1200-$1400 range. It doesn’t look like Vortex will let that happen anytime soon though.
I agree and I disagree with this. I now have 3 of the gen3's but I didnt and wouldnt pay the full $3k market price for the reasons others have stated with the price being so close to the top shelf optics.

IMO which carries less than 0 weight, the Gen3's price point should be around 2400. The glass is significantly better than the gen2's which was my chief complaint of that series and I think the elevation in price is warranted considering the amount of investment that likely went into providing the better quality glass. At 2400/2500 it is also far enough away from ZCO and TT that I wouldnt consider looking at them. When placed side by side to a ZCO, I could not discern any noticeable difference in the glass when on the powers I typically shoot (< 20). I also personally prefer the EBR7 reticles over the other offerings but that could be because i've been using them for 5 years now.

While I've never had to use it, Vortex's warranty helps me sleep at night considering the one time I did have to use a repair service on an optic that was twice the cost of my Gen2's, the manufacturer charged me almost a 1/3 of my purchase price...and the optic was less than 2 months old. Vortex would have just fixed it. I also like that they lengthened it so it fits on my profiles better with lower rings.

The turrets are still mushy and i still dislike the turret locking mechanism but at significantly less cost of a ZCO, i can live with that. I also think that if Vortex lowered the Gen3 price to that 2400 area it'd eat market share over the ZCO / TT's. If those ever came down to the low 3k range (3300 / zco or 3800 / TT in the same magnification class), then things would get really interesting in the decision process.

The price increase of the Gen2's will ultimately be its downfall IMO. The market is already flooded with them and they can be had pretty consistently for around 1500 / 1600 which prices them well out of getting them new. You couple that with Vortex's warranty and there's no reason to buy new. If memory serves, I believe this same scenario played out with the Gen1's back in the day.

Adding, since this is a Liberty Optics thread, when I do buy new I go through Scott. Dude is legit...and i just got my 10k abs from him yesterday. That thing is LEGIT.
Come to think of it, every new glass I've gotten over the last 5 or 6 years has been through Liberty.

Reactions: Ethang and Basher
Reminder: Special Sightron SVIII 5-40x56 Model 29001 promotional pricing ends April 30, and won't be discounted again until August, but not at nearly as good of a price!

Also, Kowa 88mm Prominar spotting scopes go on a factory promotion May 1 - June 17, best ever pricing since I have been doing this!

Scott

Just got mine from liberty optics. Great guy to deal with!

Hey Scott. Are the Burris PRO 5.5-30 scopes actually in stock and shipping asap after purchasing? Or is there a wait like the illuminated XTR3? Worth the extra coin? Thanks

We are honoring the Vortex 50% off MSRP pricing for Mil/LE until the end of May. Send me something proving your status to [email protected], along with the product(s) desired. Billing will be by invoice only.

I am getting ready to board a plane for a flight back to Florida for a funeral/celebration, so I won't have much in the way of comms until tomorrow.

Best,

Scott

Scott is that for law enforcement too? Because I got an email from vortex stating that was only military? So if that’s for LE as well that’s so tempting. A Gen 3 6- 36 for 2K 🥹

Scott is that for law enforcement too? Because I got an email from vortex stating that was only military? So if that’s for LE as well that’s so tempting. A Gen 3 6- 36 for 2K 🥹
I will find out my friend.

About time for the service, so won't be active here until the weekend when I return to the Big Sky.

Scott

Reactions: patscrazy
No word on the G3, next update will be Tuesday after the holiday.

Remember, all active military, veterans, and current LE have until May 31st to place their Vortex orders for 50% off MSRP (not 50% off MAP, sorry) which is a great deal.

Also, I learned early in my career Memorial Day is a time of mourning, remembrance and reflection among warriors as they hurt for their fallen brothers, and it is inappropriate to "celebrate" the occasion as the "start of summer", and have all this gala, sales, etc. So, as is our tradition, we "go dark" this weekend, out of respect. So NO special sales, discounts, etc. We celebrate 4th of July and Veterans Day. We are somber this weekend. Thanks for your understanding and support as always.

Scott

No word on the G3, next update will be Tuesday after the holiday.

Remember, all active military, veterans, and current LE have until May 31st to place their Vortex orders for 50% off MSRP (not 50% off MAP, sorry) which is a great deal.

Also, I learned early in my career Memorial Day is a time of mourning, remembrance and reflection among warriors as they hurt for their fallen brothers, and it is inappropriate to "celebrate" the occasion as the "start of summer", and have all this gala, sales, etc. So, as is our tradition, we "go dark" this weekend, out of respect. So NO special sales, discounts, etc. We celebrate 4th of July and Veterans Day. We are somber this weekend. Thanks for your understanding and support as always.

Scott
Any updates on this Scott?
Yes, G3 shipment expected in 2 weeks!
Any updates on the G2 razors and when they’ll ship?

Throw us a bone please, have a XTR Pro on order for over 3 months and Sig Kilo 10k for 6 weeks..

I just placed an order for an xtr pro. So I am wondering the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.