• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Liberty Optics has dropped IOR Scopes

ShtrRdy

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 17, 2011
    High Plains
    Maybe this was mentioned earlier and I missed it, but I went to order an IOR scope from Liberty today and they said they don't handle IOR anymore. It sounded like if some agreement with the importer was acceptable then they would sell IOR again.

Re: Liberty Optics has dropped IOR Scopes

Looks like valdada is tryingto choke themselves to death. They lost alot if scott had to drop them. IOR f'd up big time.

Hmmm. I wonder what Liberty will pick up instead? Scott is great and he and his business won't skip a beat!

Yikes, hope Scott can pick up some new brands (S&B, NF!) to make up for losing IOR and Premier.

I talked to Scott yesterday and he told me the same thing. I was ready to pull the trigger on a 3.5-18x50 IOR. Part of my reason for choosing that optic was dealing with Scott and his great customer service. I will probably look at a different piece of glass now. IOR's loss.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JMB03</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IOR's loss. </div></div>

Definitely.

I'd love to hear why they aren't selling them anymore. Did Val get butthurt about Scott's sale prices or are they having problems importing them now?

edit: as to a previous post I'm pretty sure that Libertyoptics can get S&B. NF would be nice too.

The uk IOR dealer Border Barrels (who supply AI) gave up on IOR a couple of months ago. Such a shame. I own am early IOR and it's on my go to rifle.

I don't know what IOR's business plan is. But to feck off AI's barrel supplier and now liberty. You gota ask questions. Admittedly Border will honour warrenty and still do a special order. But that does not enstill confidence a brand. Here today gone tomorrow?

I bought a 3.5-18 during the July 4th super sale. I'm having second thoughts now. I bought it mainly because of all the great things I've heard about Scott. I would have probably gotten a different scope had I known he was just about to drop them. Don't get me wrong, I like the scope but I had thought I'd have Scott backing it up if anything ever went wrong with it.

Yes, I too would like to hear the story. As a happy IOR owner and Liberty Optics customer. It would at lets help my curiosity.

Liberty Optics <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">IS</span></span> IOR as far as I'm concerned

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Liberty Optics <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">IS</span></span> IOR as far as I'm concerned

</div></div>

..... apparently, not any more.

This thread alone has given IOR a bad rep. Too bad, I've heard nothing but good about these scopes.

I've got an IOR and it's a pretty good scope. Great glass and I love the reticle, but Valdada America's customer service is only so-so, IMO. I bought one of the 2-12x32 35mm scopes awhile ago and didn't get the greatest customer service when I called expressing concern about difficulty making magnification adjustments. Scott has, IMO, made a wise choice.

Scott was one of the major deciding factors in buying my IOR, kinda sucks that he dropped 'em. Wish we could get the whole story.

I bet this has to do with that feedback thread on AR15.com. I remember reading something about IOR lying to a customer or something like that... I will see if I can dig it up.

I have IOR scopes and choose them because of Scott. I am in sales and I have seen customers leave when a sales person leaves a company and the customer usually follows the sales person. When you get great service and have a relationship with that sales person you tend to want to deal with them. Normally there isn't much of a difference between products anyway.

BTW, I was able to find IOR scopes on Liberty Optics site.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rfroese</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bet this has to do with that feedback thread on AR15.com. I remember reading something about IOR lying to a customer or something like that... I will see if I can dig it up. </div></div>http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_109/96959...ada_1_5_8X.html

I have bought two IOR's from Scott at Liberty Optics, a real old 16X thats given me sterling service and just this past March a 4-14x50 SFP. The 4-14x50 ended up being a factory lemon, in saying that, I sent it back to IOR, the day they got it they called me, stating they weren't sure if they had the same scope in stock, about 1/2 hr later they called back and within 4 days I had the new scope in hand. Now I am not sure what transpired between Scott and IOR, but IOR has made some great improvements in both their products and customer service in recent years, I for one was hoping that trend would continue. Scott at Liberty Optics has been one of the reasons I really think IOR has been given a second chance after so many problems plagued their earlier product line.

SWFA. They took care of me on an IOR purchase. Took advantage of the110% price guarantee too. I was very happy with their service and feel comfortable they will be around for a while.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rfroese</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rfroese</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bet this has to do with that feedback thread on AR15.com. I remember reading something about IOR lying to a customer or something like that... I will see if I can dig it up. </div></div>http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_109/96959...ada_1_5_8X.html </div></div>

Talked (e-mailed) Scott today and he said that there was an incident with a customer and IOR was removed until the customer was taken care of, which he said happened late today so the IOR stuff will soon be back up. Got to love Scott he will stand up for his customers that is for sure. I believe the incident is the link above but not sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunjunkie45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought a 3.5-18 during the July 4th super sale. I'm having second thoughts now. I bought it mainly because of all the great things I've heard about Scott. I would have probably gotten a different scope had I known he was just about to drop them. Don't get me wrong, I like the scope but I had thought I'd have Scott backing it up if anything ever went wrong with it. </div></div>

I'm bummed for you. I know how long you wanted one of these only to have this happen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunjunkie45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought a 3.5-18 during the July 4th super sale. I'm having second thoughts now. I bought it mainly because of all the great things I've heard about Scott. I would have probably gotten a different scope had I known he was just about to drop them. Don't get me wrong, I like the scope but I had thought I'd have Scott backing it up if anything ever went wrong with it. </div></div>

Well The way I understand it, Scott has your back. He is so committed to his customers he will stop selling a product if needed. As most have said Scott = IOR. Scott did what he had to do to take care of a customer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2ndamendfan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunjunkie45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought a 3.5-18 during the July 4th super sale. I'm having second thoughts now. I bought it mainly because of all the great things I've heard about Scott. I would have probably gotten a different scope had I known he was just about to drop them. Don't get me wrong, I like the scope but I had thought I'd have Scott backing it up if anything ever went wrong with it. </div></div>

Well The way I understand it, Scott has your back. He is so committed to his customers he will stop selling a product if needed. As most have said Scott = IOR. Scott did what he had to do to take care of a customer. </div></div>

If he dropped them just to make sure they took care of a customer, I'd call that going well above and beyond. That's service that can't be beat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunjunkie45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2ndamendfan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunjunkie45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought a 3.5-18 during the July 4th super sale. I'm having second thoughts now. I bought it mainly because of all the great things I've heard about Scott. I would have probably gotten a different scope had I known he was just about to drop them. Don't get me wrong, I like the scope but I had thought I'd have Scott backing it up if anything ever went wrong with it. </div></div>
    <span style="font-weight: bold">
    Well The way I understand it, Scott has your back. He is so committed to his customers he will stop selling a product if needed. As most have said Scott = IOR. Scott did what he had to do to take care of a customer.</span> </div></div>

If he dropped them just to make sure they took care of a customer, I'd call that going well above and beyond. That's service that can't be beat. </div></div>

Nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2ndamendfan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rfroese</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rfroese</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bet this has to do with that feedback thread on AR15.com. I remember reading something about IOR lying to a customer or something like that... I will see if I can dig it up. </div></div>http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_109/96959...ada_1_5_8X.html </div></div>

Talked (e-mailed) Scott today and he said that there was an incident with a customer and IOR was removed until the customer was taken care of, which he said happened late today so the IOR stuff will soon be back up. Got to love Scott he will stand up for his customers that is for sure. I believe the incident is the link above but not sure. </div></div>

Wow! He must move a lot of their product if he, as a vendor, has that much influence on a manufacturer.

Scott must be the Wal-Mart of the scope world (with regard to influence - not quality).

Guys,

Thanks for the support as always. I've been accused of being the Sniper's Hide "drama queen" after the Premier BS so I chose to tread carefully here...Val and I had a dispute that had to be resolved before we could move forward, until we resolved said dispute, we weren't going to take orders from you and he sure wasn't going to fill any orders from us...I'm pleased to report we have reached an understanding and we are still the "go to" source for this product...so full speed ahead. Scopes will be back up on our website by this weekend but in the mean time call me to order if you need to place an order earlier...sorry for any angst or inconvenience this caused but sometimes s**t happens...

Best,

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys,

Thanks for the support as always. I've been accused of being the Sniper's Hide "drama queen" after the Premier BS so I chose to tread carefully here...Val and I had a dispute that had to be resolved before we could move forward, until we resolved said dispute, we weren't going to take orders from you and he sure wasn't going to fill any orders from us...I'm pleased to report we have reached an understanding and we are still the "go to" source for this product...so full speed ahead. Scopes will be back up on our website by this weekend but in the mean time call me to order if you need to place an order earlier...sorry for any angst or inconvenience this caused but sometimes s**t happens...

Best,

Scott

</div></div>

SnipersHide needs a "like" button!

Kudos to you as always, Scott. You are a class act and MANY others out there could learn from the example you have set in this instance.

Keep up the fine work and stellar customer service!!

Awesome news, Scott... And I'd like to add my voice to the congrats on going the extra mile for your customers.

Good to see. I'll definitely be looking at Liberty Optics first the next time I get a scope.

Yeah, no doubt about it.

I will not shop anywhere else other than Liberty Optics and my father and I have both have purchased Vipers from him.

He's responsive, honest, knowledgeable, friendly and is a true class act.

I recommend him to everybody I can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rfroese</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bet this has to do with that feedback thread on AR15.com. I remember reading something about IOR lying to a customer or something like that... I will see if I can dig it up. </div></div><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rfroese</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_109/96959...ada_1_5_8X.html</div></div>
    What was I missing there? It seemed like both companies tried to work the situation out but the guy posting flew off the handle and was unreasonable.

A "life time warranty" isn't the same as a "life time money back guarantee" Do scope companies typically allow people to take their civilian purchased products in to a war zone, use it for 5 months and put 10k rounds through the rifle then refund the purchase price when a customer has an issue? I could see maybe fixing the optic or replacing it with something comparable, but refunding his money? He even says he knew when he purchased the scope that it was out of production and getting it fixed might be a problem.

Personally, our gear got beat to hell overseas. He should have known that going in just like he should have known they couldn't send a replacement optic to him personally outside the U.S.. So, bringing his own shit along for the ride, the liability for a failure was his. It wasn't a military issued item. People brought personal gear from home all the time and if it failed, they used military issued stuff. Getting on the internet and crying seems like a douche bag move. As does, "trying out" gear that was intended for civilian use in a war zone when his life and the the lives of the soldiers around him could depend on it.

If you read the full dialogue from start to finnish that the customer showed, IOR changed the story and was calling the customer a liar. IOR was changing the story and saying things that hadn't happened. Scott stood behind the customer until the issue was resolved.

Scott,
    Looking for a Bushnell HDMR and rings for my Savage .338 LM. I get the drift that you offer a discount to Hide members. If so, what is the discount? Looking for a $1,400 scope, every little bit helps.
    Thanks,
    Randy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Randy7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scott,
    Looking for a Bushnell HDMR and rings for my Savage .338 LM. I get the drift that you offer a discount to Hide members. If so, what is the discount? Looking for a $1,400 scope, every little bit helps.
    Thanks,
    Randy </div></div>

Too bad you didn't get the drift that it's best not to ask for a discount on a public forum.

Call, e-mail, or private message . . .

I have had three IOR scopes in the past. The only reason I had them was because of Scott, and even as stellar as Scott's service is, IOR could not keep me as a customer. Too many problems combined with a less than stellar attitude towards warranty/ service drove me away. Let me be clear, at no time did I have an issue with Scott, in fact, Scott facilitated three different repairs for me, and bent over backwards to make sure that IOR was making good on their warranty.

I still do business with Scott, and Liberty Optics is a great little company. Premier and IOR only do themselves a disservice when they don't have Scott at Liberty Optics as one of their vendors.

Another shining example of Scott's fantastic CS! I have been extremely pleased with past transactions with him. As long as Scott is doing business, he will definitely be my source for optics.

Scott has set a great example for all of us to follow in support of our customers!!!!!

Semper Fi

Glad things got worked out. I have bought 3 IOR scopes from Scott. May buy another in the future.

I am a complete beginner with scopes and bought my first scope last year from Scott. He was VERY helpful and treated me with nothing but respect. I can't say enough about his service.
    The ground squirrels are very careful in my area now.