• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Liberty Optics Still Legit?

If Vortex posted up the total amount of his unpaid orders, it would give you a pretty good idea on his “on the run” stash.
Assuming he hasn’t been burning through the $$$ on bad decisions for months or years. Not every criminal is a mastermind with the long game locked down.

Reactions: BurtG
I haven't been reading the SH much but was curious on my order and and specials for the holiday. Unfortunately, I see this only now. Just emailed Shamus at Vortex.

Good Afternoon Folks,
Just reading thru some of thread and a few quick comments back.
1. Euro Optics is one of Vortex's premier dealers and above everything always looks out for their/our customers with class. We are fortunate to have many really great retailers but Euro Optics has always been at the top of the list of where we tell folks to shop.
2. If there is ever an issue with a box, something looks off or you are just not happy with a product. Please reach out to me direct and ill make sure that you are looked after immediately.
Thanks again for the opportunity to work with so many of you.
Shamus Terry
[email protected]
608-335-4486
Responses like this are very appreciated and make me want to support Vortex even more!

Scott’s probably watching this thread every single day.

He’ll get caught eventually, and it will probably be for a minor reason too, or else he’ll just get tired of worrying the rest of his life and walk-in somewhere and surrender.

I can’t imagine this was “go away forever” money for Scott, so in a bit he will be up and running somewhere else, and fully exposed, and therefore vulnerable.

Scott has to be perfect, every single day, for the rest of his life. Scott’s pursuers only have to be perfect once.

-Stan
Yeah looking over his shoulder for good reason too

Not only because he ripped off a bunch of people with shooting and combat skills

But because he ripped Off a bunch of connected intelligent people

Reactions: stanley_white
right. You’d think with all the cops and intelligence folks here and the magnitude of the scam somebody would found him by now
I wouldn't be surprised if there is more than one person here that knows where he is, based on the levels of expertise and experience some of them have.

As I've said, I have no dog in this hunt, other than wanting to see all of his victims made whole financially. I guess the credit card companies are going to suck it up (then raise everyone's rates to make up for it).

Reactions: BurtG and lash
I think there’s a lot of overestimation going on here:

The relationship between how much Vortex has paid to make customers whole and the amount of cash Scot has on hand.
How much money Scot could have in cash at all.
How paranoid Scot is or ever will be in the future.
How many people are looking for him.
How smart and connected and motivated these supposed scot-seekers are.

Scot was playing fast and loose with the float for some reason. Drugs, expensive toys, hookers, whatever. He wasn’t hoarding cash to escape to Tunisia. He’s not wearing a fake mustache and looking over his shoulder, afraid to leave his house. There might be five people on the planet who both know what Scot looks like and that he’s ripped a bunch of people off…and none of them are in law enforcement that is in any way that connected to any investigation..which I also would bet there isn’t….any more than maybe a complaint sitting in some file somewhere at a shockingly low level of importance. the credit card agencies don’t care, there are no federal agencies involved, the “DA” has never heard of Liberty Optics.

Ya‘ll have been watching way too many action thrillers.

What a mucked up world we live in, where folks escape with the cash and no one really gives a crap to look for him. (Who knows, he might be a “her” now.). Walk up to the White House fence and say “Lets Go Brandon” and I would bet 50 federal and state agencies would be on the track to catch the ”offender.”

We need the Equalizer on the case.

If everything in this thread is true, I suspect Scott has probably set himself up with a new identity. The most important thing one would need to stay under the radar/out of trouble is a new driver's license if one could somehow get a new driver's license issued by a state you wouldn't need much more than that to get by in life if you set yourself up pretty good financially. Second thing is a new social security number.

• Haha
Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Pretty sure John Wick, Wolverine, John McClane and Jason Bourne are all looking for him! Shows what you know! :)

You forgot this guy

IMG_0581.jpeg

If everything in this thread is true, I suspect Scott has probably set himself up with a new identity. The most important thing one would need to stay under the radar/out of trouble is a new driver's license if one could somehow get a new driver's license issued by a state you wouldn't need much more than that to get by in life if you set yourself up pretty good financially. Second thing is a new social security number.
I think it's much more likely he's found crystal meth...

Maybe was never "Scott"

I think there’s a lot of overestimation going on here:

The relationship between how much Vortex has paid to make customers whole and the amount of cash Scot has on hand.
How much money Scot could have in cash at all.
How paranoid Scot is or ever will be in the future.
How many people are looking for him.
How smart and connected and motivated these supposed scot-seekers are.

Scot was playing fast and loose with the float for some reason. Drugs, expensive toys, hookers, whatever. He wasn’t hoarding cash to escape to Tunisia. He’s not wearing a fake mustache and looking over his shoulder, afraid to leave his house. There might be five people on the planet who both know what Scot looks like and that he’s ripped a bunch of people off…and none of them are in law enforcement that is in any way that connected to any investigation..which I also would bet there isn’t….any more than maybe a complaint sitting in some file somewhere at a shockingly low level of importance. the credit card agencies don’t care, there are no federal agencies involved, the “DA” has never heard of Liberty Optics.

Ya‘ll have been watching way too many action thrillers.

You're making a lot of assumptions what agencies may or may not be involved. Typically speaking, no agency advertises who they are and aren't looking for or what cases they are working. Kinda defeats the entire purpose.

I can also tell you 100% that there are plenty of criminals who plan elaborate scams with plans to disappear. It's just as likely that he was playing fast and loose as it is he planned it all out.

I heard he’s in Tijuana doing a whole bunch of blow with some strippers watching this thread and laughing

I just had time to skim some of this. Is there a number or a group get together to sue I got screwed out of a GEN three razor.

Reactions: BurtG
Hello,
For any Vortex afftected products please email Shamus Terry at [email protected] . He will get you taken care of.

Best Regards
Scott Parks
[email protected]
Just a little more confirmation that I made the right choices buying a Razor LHT scope and Razor spotting scope in the past couple weeks. Looking forward to getting them out on the range soon.

Day 16

Still no sign of Scott. The "For Rent" signs remain in the front yard, and although I continue to believe that they are a ruse and he's using a back door, I'm starting to have doubts. I've reassessed my belief that the front porch lights coming on every night were a sign of activity in the house, and now believe that they must be controlled by some sort of timer. I received a text from the wife saying that she has filed for divorce. I tried to explain how much more important this mission is compared to Thanksgiving, but she doesn't understand. If it wasn't for the picture of the Vortex Sonora clipped to the sun visor to remind me of what Scott took from me, I'm afraid that my resolve would wane. Tomorrow I need to find a construction site to empty the buckets in a Port-A-Potty. I should have bought lids for the buckets, the van really stinks. Will update if necessary.

Out

Day 16

Still no sign of Scott. The "For Rent" signs remain in the front yard, and although I continue to believe that they are a ruse and he's using a back door, I'm starting to have doubts. I've reassessed my belief that the front porch lights coming on every night were a sign of activity in the house, and now believe that they must be controlled by some sort of timer. I received a text from the wife saying that she has filed for divorce. I tried to explain how much more important this mission is compared to Thanksgiving, but she doesn't understand. If it wasn't for the picture of the Vortex Sonora clipped to the sun visor to remind me of what Scott took from me, I'm afraid that my resolve would wane. Tomorrow I need to find a construction site to empty the buckets in a Port-A-Potty. I should have bought lids for the buckets, the van really stinks. Will update if necessary.

Out
This post totally wins this thread. 🤣🤣🤣

Day 16

Out
OMG msgriff , you are priceless! That's funny shit right there, I don't care who you are!!

Discover Card finalized my chargeback based on an unresponsive merchant. I was outside the 90 day window, but inside 120 when I filed it. The whole process took about a month.
Discover is so good.

They refunded me for a purchase that was well over a year because the owner of SOC has no fucking idea how to run a business and hadn’t produced bags I ordered for 16 months, then called me a faggot and told me I wouldn’t get my bags or a refund simply because I sent an email asking if my order got overlooked lmfao.

I sent them the email and they refunded me in minutes, then NO JOKE a year later the bags show up and when I sent the guy an email offering to send them back he’s so fucking stupid he thought I wanted money not just to return bags I didn’t technically pay for that he called me a faggot again and said “no returns for any reason ever fuck you”

Hahahah so yeah. Thanks Discover.

I don't like dealing with people because I only trust like 5 people. So, instead of the hassle of selling something and answering 5,000 questions when people could simply google it and get an answer, and then after all that, them trying to screw you on the price, it's easier to either give shit away, or try to find an alternate solution (like I mentioned above) to consolidate, such as a trade. Like how I ended up with my AK. Traded a couple old scopes and random parts I wasn't using anymore, for something I could use. I was just thinking outside the box.

Probably the route I’ll take. Sure wouldn’t want to give anyone else something to bitch about… 🙄 I was just curious if they were opened to doing something like that. But I can see by the general consensus, asking outside the box questions goes against the groupthink mindset.

Here is an idea, that you might want to consider:
Do what I do to avoid hassles, find a local gun store that knows you well and is willing to put your stuff up on consignment for a cut of the sale price.
Then if anything is not working right, send it in, get it fixed and then put it up for sale at the local gun store when it gets returned.

Then you can buy whatever you like from wherever you like.

Reactions: FuhQ
Pretty sure John Wick, Wolverine, John McClane and Jason Bourne are all looking for him! Shows what you know! :)
Not to mention the dude trying to lic his balls off from a couple pages ago.... Pretty scary group of attackers indeed....

I had to go back and look at my emails, but I ordered my XTR Pro from Scott on July 6th, it arrived with no issue in a couple weeks. Reading through the whole, long, weird-ass thread, it seems like Scott was screwing people on the many of the Vortex orders while sending out all of the other brands ordered. I wonder why his scam seems to have mostly (or entirely) focused on Vortexes? Probably what he sold most of, but still? Maybe some kind of difference in his order to payment terms or something like that?

Last edited: