• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Liberty Precision Machine Anthem S

Obi-WanKannoli

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2020
USA
I was able to go and pick up this suppressor yesterday and thought I would post some photos since there is little info out there on them and they seem quite promising. It is a Liberty Precision Machine Anthem S. Really liking this thing and hoping the performance lives up to the Pew Science findings.

PEW Science Link:

Welds, fit, and finish all look excellent:
20230418_224824.jpg

This bottom section is very well thought out. HUB threads. EA licensed serial ring so baffle stacks can easily be changed out, repaired, and updated. Wrench flats on the suppressor body. Very, very well executed. (Ignore the dust)

20230418_224933.jpg

At the front, the end cap is threaded and interchangeable for flush fit, different size openings, and a flash hider.

20230418_224852.jpg

Baffle stack. Variable geometry and size clips in the baffle as well as a coaxial element:

Screenshot_20230131_154822_Photos.jpg

20230131_150430.jpg

Riley at LPM gave me this information via email regarding the durability of these cans. Note the tested down to a 12.5" 300 win mag!

"We did lots of testing on 10.5" 5.56 machine guns and optimized our welding to ensure a weld is the least likely fail point, we even use a special flux on the first weld to double the penetration and make that joint absolutely bomb proof.
Through testing we optimized the blast baffle shape and thickness, to ensure it wouldn't collapse while red hot and under direct impingement of the muzzle blast. The blast chamber wall thickness is tapered, to account for the temperature gradient along its length under extreme use and ensure a blast chamber failure is practically impossible, as a failure there is a massive safety risk to the shooter and those around them. The rest of the baffle stack had wall thicknesses optimized, to give us the best strength possible without going too overboard on the weight. At some point you have to pick an acceptable level of durability and call it good or the thing would weigh 2 lbs. One important note is that we design the inside of the baffle stack to fail BEFORE the tube will fail. This is extremely important, as a tube failure will send shrapnel in every direction, but a baffle collapse will send it forward/down range. This is an intentional safety feature, as it acts like a fuse and tells the shooter that something is wrong and to stop before they can do something that puts themselves and others at risk.

The Anthem cans are extremely tough, they will handle all but the most insane and impractical firing schedules you can throw at it. It is the only silencer so far to pass a 15 round test fire on a 12.5" .300 win mag, and it survived with zero damage. If you really want to run them hard on a SBR and/or machine gun, pick up a muzzle brake to act as a sacrificial blast baffle, it will help a lot to control erosion on the blast baffle face.

And finally, with the Serial ID Ring we license from Energetic Armament, you can be assured that if something does happen to the silencer, that we will be able to swap on a new baffle stack in less than 24 hours and your tax stamp and time investment will always be preserved and immune from damage."

Link:

I'll follow up with some thoughts when I get a chance to do some shooting with it.

- Andrew

Last edited:
Looks like a solid can. It's hard to stand out in the general purpose .30 cal can category. Nice features. It would be interesting to see what he could do without the super duper durability requirement. I feel like that's a feature a lot people think they need that don't actually need.
Yeah I'm curious to see what they come out with next. Would be great to see what they could do with, say, a less durable Ultralight titanium can. Between hunting rifles and ar's I'm generally running barrels on the shorter side so I'll take the durability for peace of mind.

That said, I'm still pretty happy with the size and weight for that kind of durability. At only 6.5 inches long and 14.3 oz it's certainly not a pig. The following notes from PEW science are even more impressive when you take that into consideration, especially the comparison to the Ultra 9:

1. The Anthem-S uses a similar (but more advanced) suppression methodology as the Dead Air Nomad-30 (Review 6.43) in a similar size envelope, but significantly outperforms the Nomad-30 on this platform.
  2. The Anthem-S significantly exceeds the muzzle Suppression Rating performance of the CGS Helios QD (Review 6.13) on this platform, without as complex a geometry.
  3. The Anthem-S possesses bystander Suppression Rating performance greater than that of the Thunder Beast Ultra 9 (Review 6.24), which is nontrivial. The Anthem-S is two inches shorter than the ULTRA 9 when mounted, and 0.6 ounces lighter

Yeah I read that. But I don't really understand it. An Ultra 9 is 12 oz. With a mount. Liberty machine lists your can at 16 oz with a mount. So that really didn't make sense to me.

But I do like going with some girth for added volume and keeping the can a bit shorter. It would be interesting to see how an Anthem 30 Ti compares to a Dominus. That would be on par.
Another thing to note is the Ultra 9 tested was a gen 1, not the current spec.