• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors License for Silence

bribri

Always Smooth
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 21, 2009
    Nebraska
    Anyone know how I should go about getting a license or whatever it is to legally own and use a suppressor in the state of Nebraska.

Re: License for Silence

Its a 200 dollar tax stamp, not a license, NE is on the GTG list, find yourself a dealer in Nebraska.

I am sorry I know zero about this. Whats the GTG list? And find a dealer thats sells suppressors, is that right???

Nebraska is on the Good to Go list for states allowed to own supressors. Yeah all you need to do is find a dealer and he should get you squared away on all the paperwork you need to fill out and what you need to do

You can easily create a personal trust, and make yourself, your wife, or anyone that would be in possession of the suppressor a trustee. The supressor can be licensed to the trust and you will not need to get police approval. When you send your application for the tax stamp, through your class 3 dealer, you include a copy of the notarized trust and it should go through without a problem.

What do you have in mind for a suppressor? I have a good option for a .308 can if interested.

This is not an offer to sell, convey, give away, supply, furnish, build, ship, or otherwise make available anything mentioned here as it may be a violation of board sales policy.

A PM will work.

Also, you are not limited to buying one instate. There are several dealers in the country that can save you big bucks. Go to silencertalk.com forums and read up.

I have purchased several from Rob at exeter arms. straight shooter. talked to him today about 338 can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its a 200 dollar tax stamp, not a license</div></div>

Tennessee is aslo on the GTG List