• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Lifeproof cases

2/1_Kiwi

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 6, 2012
New Zealand
Anyone seen anywhere still stocking the tactical series, sounds petty but a FDE/CB one would be nice. If not will just go with a black. Appears their website is sold out, just wondering if any resellers/retailers still have stock?

Re: Lifeproof cases

The website is showing it in stock when I looked.

not to hijack the thread, but...

these cases are the $#!+

I work construction and am around all the elements all the time and all the dust and dirt and mud you could ask for. this summer my phone fell out of my pocket off a scaffold and slid off a 3 story ledge to a concrete pad below. i was sure i was going to find apple pieces everywhere. when i got to it everything was still together in the case. i took it out of the case and had to restart the phone, but that was it. still looks and acts brand new. the case has some serious battle scars but thats it.

i would buy one again if all they had was hot pink in stock

sorry for the rant, i usually never go on like this... too much of my kids candy...

I have one too, excellent case considering its waterproof and not much bigger than the phone. I've had a few people mention that when using the phone I sound muffled, but opening the charging port door seems to help. Otherwise two thumbs up!

Just checked back and it still appears to be out of stock. Im after a 4/4S case. Where abouts can you see stock still present Casey D?

My case came in the mail today and I just wonder exactly how sturdy it is? It doesn't look like its much more protection than my Otterbox.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My case came in the mail today and I just wonder exactly how sturdy it is? It doesn't look like its much more protection than my Otterbox. </div></div>

Your Otterbox isn't water and dust proof.

I've had one for almost a year now, I got the FDE as soon as it came out and gave my old one to the wife. I haven't had any problems with them, but you do lose the nice feel of the screen. It seems the plastic sits just above the screen. I'll definitely be sticking with them the next time I upgrade iPhones.

Never heard of them, but just got done checking out their website. Looks like pretty good stuff. Might give one a try, thanks for the heads-up guys.

They are great cases. I have had mine on me when I fell out of a kayak, and biking in a severe rainstorm. Not to mention all the times its been dropped and it is still GTG.

I love mine. HOWEVER, it is not waterproof. It will leak eventually. Treat it like any other phone, consider the waterproofing to be insurance, and it will serve you well. If you treat it like a waterproof phone, you better be well equipped to work with micro surface mount components. You should also already own a pentalobe screwdriver so you can pull the phone apart as quickly as possible when it gets wet.

I have been using the black version for some time now. It's usually in the wet and the dirt. I have one scratch on the screen, not sure how it got there. I think I hit it with a key.

Just got a FDE version in. The black will probably get stuck on my wife's phone. Her Otterbox is in horrible shape. The Otterbox for the iPhone 4 was just not up to the same quality of the 3g version.

I don't know anywhere that stocks them. I just go straight through Lifeproof.

I just bought one 10 min ago at a local ATT store for $64. All they have is black or white tho.

I agree with athhud - if you need a 100% guarantee of something waterproof your not going to get it. If you need something that is way better than anything else currently on the market get the lifeproof case.

Heck, put it into a pelican case or a solid block of concrete - its eventually going to leak, its just a matter of :

time
pressure
temperature

so, nothing lasts forever - however I used the old bulky otterbox case on my 3G which my wife spilled a bottle of water on - toasted until I took it apart and cleaned the motherboard etc.

So far, no spills or anything else has given me a negative impact on my 4S, and its goes everywhere I do.

My buddy has a Lifeproof and loves it, I will probably pick one up. Make sure you order straight from Lifeproof and not Amazon. I was going to order one from Amazon but read the reviews, it appears some of the ones they are selling are knock-offs or factory seconds. Some people stated that the Amazon ones weren't waterproof and even the materials were distinctly different compared to the ones they had seen direct from Lifeproof. I normally like Amazon but for this one order straight from Lifeproof.

For just a daily case that doesn't need to be waterproof I also really like the Magpul case. For $10 it can't be beat. Made in the USA, gives you some drop protection, and not too large to fit in a pants pocket. Real pleased with mine.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005KU5...3NPKQG6X2QV5C96

Best buy around me stocks all colors in the life proof cases.

Glad i rechecked this thread! They just restocked in FDE. ...aaaand they dont ship to NZ. >_<

have someone on here buy it and ship it to you. send them the funds through paypal. shouldnt be that hard

I wore out my LifeProof case out in less than a year.
The rubber that wraps around the screen wore through and the screen can be peeled away from the sidewalls of the case.
Granted much of that abuse saved me the replacement value of the case.
I was a little disappointed nonetheless.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rangerwalker71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do they make them for the iPhone 5?
Otter box just isn't cutting it. </div></div>

"coming soon" according to their website. And for Galaxy S3.

ooooohhhhhhhh thanks for reminding me im up for my renewal...off to verizon i go! then possibly radio shack.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wore out my LifeProof case out in less than a year.
The rubber that wraps around the screen wore through and the screen can be peeled away from the sidewalls of the case.
Granted much of that abuse saved me the replacement value of the case.
I was a little disappointed nonetheless.
</div></div>

I bought mine shortly after they were made available. A buddy of mine bought one around April, if I remember correctly. His looks terrible compared to mine. We are both pretty rough on them, but his is in about the same condition as you describe and mine just looks like it has been used for a while. Seems to me that the early cases were built differently than those of late. For that very reason I did not send mine in for a warranty replacement when it sprang a leak and killed the camera and back light on my old 4s. FYI bleach does wonders to moisture indicators in an iphone......

I just bought one, and the headphone adapter threaded metal has loosened from the outer plastic, making it impossible to screw completely in. therefor my mic doesnt work. also the quality is crappy, china plastic fantastic and there were alot of ugly tool marks. However, its the best one ive found yet when it comes to water resistance.

Tool marks on molded plastic? That's a new one to me. I was impressed with the quality of mine. Mine has accumulated a few scratches like all of the tools I own (my truck, rifle, etc) but that is to be expected with anything that gets used.

What's the warrantee on these? I'm on my 3rd otter box sense January. Granted, they keep sending me new ones, or pieces.

I'm extremely hard on my phones.....

I am still waiting for the case for the 5. Might have to go Otterbox instead just to put something on it.

I have no firsthand warranty experience. They claim to stand behind their product and will replace broken cases. I've seen reviews from a few disgruntled customers that trash-talked their warranty service. It's hard to tell (due to poor use of the English Language), if they were pissed about their water-damaged phone or if Lifeproof didn't replace their broken cases....