• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lifting a Tundra

OldSalty2

Just a salty OG liberal.
Minuteman
  • Aug 29, 2020
    Looking at possibly lifting my 14 tundra platinum, 5.7L. Nothing too aggressive, maybe something like 2-3in.

Anyone have recommendations on a kit and tire/wheel combo or other considerations? Lots of choices and ive done some research, but any first hand accounts are welcome.

Never lifted a tundra. But I've played with Tacoma and 4runners. Toytec kits have always worked well for me.

BDS makes a nice kit. That’s what I would go with.

Wheels and tires are dependent on what you’re gonna be doing. I personally am a big fan of the Goodyear duratracs for an aggressive AT tire. I would run a 33-35 on an 18” wheel. Method wheels are pretty nice and a lot less over played than Fuels or Moto Metals.

For example: (random 2016 tundra on method’s)
    2A4020A2-612E-42D9-98D9-AC779603EF3E.jpeg

Reactions: OldSalty2
    BDS makes a nice kit. That’s what I would go with.

Wheels and tires are dependent on what you’re gonna be doing. I personally am a big fan of the Goodyear duratracs for an aggressive AT tire. I would run a 33-35 on an 18” wheel. Method wheels are pretty nice and a lot less over played than Fuels or Moto Metals.

For example: (random 2016 tundra on method’s) View attachment 7536590

Thats the stance I am looking for. Thx for the note about the wheels. There is a custom truck shop about 1.5hrs from me. Might give them a call to get some ideas. Goal is for a 2-3in, leaning more towards 3in (but 60 to 70% pavement warrior) without impacting steering geometry...or at least build for that. :)

I know it will have more road noise and get even worse gas mileage than it already does...but it isnt driven all that much... only has 40k miles. I got daily beaters for that.

BBF8E1D2-F488-4CA2-8926-C17EB3B671C2.jpeg

I have a pro comp 3 inch lift and 35s on my tundra. Ride is great. Front tires rub a little bit.

Leveled mine with the 5100’s and did 33” bfg ko2. If you go bigger the spare doesn’t fit underneath. I’m not sure the exact cutoff but my 33 barely fit.

I got a 14. Definitely upgrade your headlights, they are garbage. I also added a recessed light bar in the grill.

Look at Bilstein 6112 kit. That’s a good way to get 2-3” and maintain a good ride. It includes a 600 lb spring.
    And if you want to do it right be sure to drop the front diff and change the upper control arms. I’ve got 33.25” ridge grapplers on my stock ‘18 with no rubbing whatsoever.