• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Lifting Airbus 320 #1

Duc

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2007
NE. Illinios
Image1.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image5.jpg

Image6.jpg

Image7.jpg

Image8.jpg

Image10.jpg

Image11.jpg

Image13.jpg

Re: Lifting Airbus 320 #1

ignorant question for you aeroplane guys:

Given magical COG balance: how far out could a lift point be placed on the wings, only on each wing, lifting the entire plane in air?

How does the Airbus product compare in safety/record to other simular utility aircraft?

as someone who used to work on those pieces of shit, it amazes me that those things stay in the air at all. they are made to throw away, with 60,000 max hours on it if memory serves me. as far as structural components on it, if something cracks they just remove and replace it, there are not a whole lot of repair limits on things. (you might think that's great new parts all the time, but with a repair they take into connsideration that part cracked before and there is going to be stress going through the area so the repair lets the stress through, while a new part just cracks again in another couple hundred hours)

Scarebusses are nice. The real problem with airplanes are the pilots! LOL They finger fuck so much that the avionics gets all angry. Now You are out on the line trying to be nice to this douche bag and tell him he can not even work the thing right on the ground!

Wonder how the ice present when the plane was being taken out of the Hudson would have effected things if it were present on the day of it's being ditched into the river? BTW, as a native NY'er, that is the last body of water I would want my body to be in!!! For the passengers & crew of the doomed flight I suppose it was better than the alternatives though!

look at the nose, in damn good shape for a water landing. the pilot came in at a good angle, nose up better then nose down. he knew what he was doing. amazing photos, thank you

you would be suprised at how many water landings would be survivable if they could do something with the motors before they hit the water. those 8 foot around intakes act as scoops when they hit water and cause most of the damage when they suddenly halt the plane

I would think you mechanics would love the Airbus. No need to carry around all those pesky tools. All you need is your little circuit breaker book. Those tools can be kind of heavy. LOL!!!

Thanks for posting the wonderful photos. Not very often EVERYONE on board walks (or swims) away from something like that. The flight crew kept their heads on this one.

My next drink will be to the flight crew and all the passengers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColoWyo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would think you mechanics would love the Airbus. No need to carry around all those pesky tools. All you need is your little circuit breaker book. Those tools can be kind of heavy. LOL!!! </div></div>

Yeah I love opening imaginary breakers on a FMS panel. The Embrear's are quite a headache also but they are making the software mods better.