• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing Lighter 7.62mm

cdad

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2011
MS
I have a ssass 308 that is suppressed for night vision hog hunting. It is very heavy. Cant shoot accurately without shooting sticks(lots equipment on it). Is there a lighter 308 that one could shoot without sticks. Any ideas appreciated.

Re: Lighter 7.62mm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a ssass 308 that is suppressed for night vision hog hunting. It is very heavy. Cant shoot accurately without shooting sticks<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">(lots equipment on it). </span></span>Is there a lighter 308 that one could shoot without sticks. Any ideas appreciated. </div></div>

maybe take some of that off... ?

I second that. Sounds to me that you have over-accessorized your sass. Maybe try putting on a vertical forward grip to help with the balance issues. I took my rail system off and went to a float tube....it did wonders for the weight issue and overall versatility while hunting. You don't need a peq box, hood ornament, tac light, firstaid kit, wind gauge and alarm system with keyless remote on your rifle to go hog hunting.

Watch the classied section here. I picked up a 243 light weight hunter upper last year. It stays on now and the bull barrel'd 308 heavy only gets put on for the range or another specific fixed shooting position with rifle rests.

The can is the worst offender. My little M4-15 feels like a featherweight when I pull that Halo off the end!

My night hog hunter is at the top in suppressed 7.62x39.

Afewirons-1.jpg