• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lightest 308 free floating stock

awkwardninja

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2013
I just purchased a Remington 700 SPS AAC-SD. I would like to get a stock that is fully free floated, but I do like that the hogue stock is so light. I tried looking at the manufacturer's websites for different stock weights, but could only find one for the Mcree. Does anyone have any suggestions for affortable, free-floating stocks that are light-weight? Any specific weights would be appreciated so I could accuratley compare. Thanks!

Re: Lightest 308 free floating stock

McMillan EDGE if it will take the barrel contour, or check out the new Manners lightweight stocks. There is a group buy on them now.

I'm a fan of the factory Rem 700 LTR stock for lighter builds with that barrel contour. Keep an eye out for a used take one, if you're looking for a bargain.

Manners ~

You can order a carbon version that's insanely light.

Very good stocks.

Could also do an XLR or a AICS...Those are fairly light.

If you like what you got, free float it.

Darkarcher, what's your suggestion for easiest way to freefloat it? I saw a video of usmclonewolf trying to shim it with coke can cutouts, but it didn't seem to work.

My son made me a graphite Remmy SA stock that weighed 560 grams 19.8 Oz as it goes on the rifle.
Also doing a tactical stock at the moment that will weigh under 800 grams 28 Oz including integrated adjustable cheek, recoil pad and flush cups.

edi

Edi´s PSE varmint stocks are very light, but still offer the grip and stiffness of an all-round/tactical stock. Best I´ve tried.

They would be my choice without a doubt.

If you can suffer some more grams on your back go with the Etac.

Manners super lite, Manners Elite a hunter and the McMillan hunting stock, they all have weights on their respective sites.

I have used Lone Wolfs stocks in the past. They offer very high quality stocks that are also very light. However it looks like they have joined up with Proof Research. You may want to check them out as well.