• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Lightweight R700 chassis options

redneckbmxer24

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Jan 15, 2005
    Gulf Coast, FL
    Im looking for something light for a R700 243 with sporter barrel. It's a varmint/deer rifle so it doesn't need to be super tacticool. Aside from the MDT LSS is there anything else out there that's light? I almost pulled the trigger on the LSS but I'm concerned about the forend for hunting. It doesn't seem like it would be great for offhand shots.

Not cheap but the Manners MCS-SL is one of the lightest options out there.

ETA: sorry I did not read properly-the MCS is not a chassis so please ignore

Last edited:
    HS Precision Pro 2000. I have one and it's extremely light. Only $300+ but you can find them used for $250+

image.jpg

Manners EH1 with mini chassis for my 18" Rem700 308 is my favorite hunting rig. Can't leave home without it, even with the 2 pound G2DMR

Last edited:
    I was really hoping for something around the price of the MDT LSS, this is a beater rifle that wears a $300 weaver tactical so there's other places I'd like to spend the money before dropping $900 on a manners or something.

The rifle is a dicks special ADL SS 243 that doesn't shoot well in the factory Tupperware. I bought a Boyd's for it and it shoots great but the grip doesn't fit me. I've had terrible luck getting B&C medalists lately as every one has had a crooked bedding block, I don't care for HSP's sporter stocks, and everything else is more than the barreled action and scope cost. I think the simpleist solution without spending a grand is to sell this rifle and buy a Vanguard S2 that will shoot in the factory Tupperware.

I know it's not a chassis but you can find LTR, P, and Sendero/Varmint take off stocks cheap and they shoot well.