• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Lightweight SPR style AR-15

Here is my setup that I just built tonight:
Vltor Mur no FA upper
Geissele Mk4 13" hand guard
Krieger SPR barrel from CLE
JP light weight carrier and silent capture spring
Magpul MOE stock and grip

Without optic, bipod, sling, magazine, etc... I was actually surprised it was that light by itself with no accessories. I was estimating quite a bit more.

With Leupold VXR Patrol in Larue LT104 mount:

Full magazine is 1lb. Harris 6-9 with picatinny mount is around 1lb. I am going to swap out the Leupold for a Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x32 in a Larue mount so even more weight.

So its REAL easy to get to 10lbs+.

My recent build with a Noveske Nsr rail, Noveske Lw 16 barrel, Jp LMOS bolt, NF 2.5-10, Harris bipod and 10 round mag comes on at 8lb 2oz.

:)

Attachments

• 20140315_215243.jpg
    20140315_215243.jpg
    849 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Here's the world's lightest useful forend, the new Vltor KMR:

IMG_3502.JPG

IMG_3503.JPG

IMG_3506.JPG
sorry for bringing back such an old thread but do you know the barrel length on this build? Looks like a kmr 13, I’m looking to rebarrel mine with this setup and this gap is perfect 🤤

Last edited:
Reactions: MSTN
My son at Benning spec'ed this work gun from Nez R. in Austin. Nez builds proven state and national champion barrels, to include for the President's Match champion.

It's a 16-inch mid-length, turned and chambered from a blank to dead-nuts true and hard-nitrided for longevity. It's got an ARMS 41 folding front sight (the irons are strictly for back-up) and will be topped with a Sig 1-6x DM scope in Geissele mount. He'll mount his AN/PEQ-15 in front of the front sight. Potato photos:

Victor_sSPR_jpg-1521349.JPG

Victor_sSPR2_jpg-1521350.JPG

Reactions: thesemperfidude
I went down a similar path a couple years back when building a rifle that could reach out a bit farther than my lightweight carbine, but didn't need a heavy barrel for long strings of fire. I went with a LaRue PredatAR 18" barrel to keep weight reasonable, and topped the gun off with a Leupold VX-R Patrol 3-9x40. With a 15" Geissele Mk4, it comes in around 8.5-9 lbs (depending on attachments) which is enough to be relatively handy. I like it so much, I gave my lightweight carbine to my wife and I don't miss it at all. I could probably shave another pound without breaking the budget if I wanted to, but I feel like it's in a nice sweet spot between my 7 lb AR pistol and my 11.5 lb large frame Creedmoor.