• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Limiting Warfare - A Favorite Topic

Re: Limiting Warfare - A Favorite Topic

10-15 million illegals (enemy terroist) in this country, awaiting the signal to retake Texas, New Mexico and California. The liberal left controlling the educational institutions, making our youth niave and flacid.

Its going to be too late to make preparations, when the wolves attack.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> SHARING</div></div>"Please give your orders," replied Boisberthelot.
"It is for you to give them, you are the captain."
"But you are the general," replied Boisberthelot.

And therein lies the problem.

For the last twenty years, public announcements of military strategy have been couched in the language of speed and flexibility. After all, how could something we call a ‘Rapid Deployment Force’ be anything but fast and adaptable? Yet history teaches that superior weaponry and the best laid plans for highly mobile warfare can be stopped dead by geography, as it was on the banks of the Marne almost one hundred years ago. So why is it impossible for those in charge to admit publicly that, ten years later, an effective military solution in Afghanistan might have nothing to do with throwing more men at the problem?

Our vast collection of sophisticated weaponry is no different than a single rifle: just a tool, inanimate, with its proper and effective use dependent on the will of its owner. Our remarkable military arsenal is useless absent a military leadership able to doubt itself enough to abandon its preconceptions and create a victory as imagined by the personal intelligence of the individual officer. Our enemy already knows this. The least we can do is to acknowledge it ourselves.

You should come visit. Now I am interested. In the cellar below my trailer there is a library of over 3 books that begs this question.

There are incredible reports of bad weather here and some news people are saying we could get over 150 feet of snow. LOL.

There is already 70 feet on my driveway and I have seen wooly mammoths pass by the woods near my house. A hairy man took down a large cat within 3 feet of my bay window (where I take scope pics) only minutes ago.

I decided to tailgate.

Right now it is just me and my truck and my gravel driveway, but I do have this small laptop and a dial up connection through my Web TV.

Also, I have a lot of beer.

Because it is the 5th of February I am celebrating. 2 decades ago I sang a fight song on Suribachi.