• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

list of schools?

culdee

Private
Minuteman
Can anyone tell me if there is a "master" list of sniper or longrange schools anywhere on the hide? I searched "sniper schools" and got 200 hits but maybe there is a quicker way?? I am east coast based but willing to travel if the school is highly recommended. Thanks

Re: list of schools?

Sign up for the online training, don't fuck around with MOA scopes, and learn to reload, then go to Rifles Only for a kick ass education in shooting and TEXAS people.

If you want to learn how to shoot longrange we can help you with whatever your goals are. Precision is our passion. From the rifles we design and build and the products we sell to our course of fire that's set up to challenge and humble the BEST shooters/snipers on the planet. Most shooters/snipers think they can shoot till they experience this course designed for the very (rare)skilled counter sniper where you only get one shot..but we allow three for training purposes. One time through this course and you will learn what the term precision, accuracy and skill with a rifle mean. The ever changing angles of fire and wind direction forces you to focus on what your doing and the target distances far to near to far keep you sharp on your turrets and teach you that yes..I must always know where my zero is.
By no means am I saying we are the best out there, but I have had shooters who have shot all over the country say we are. From former to current professional snipers as well as other folks that share our passion.
We offer 16 12"x12" steel targets from 276 yards to 1165 yards. Another course with 12 targets from 170 yards to 550 yards with several other steel targets at extreme distances.
This course is not designed to set you up to fail...it's designed to seperate the BS from fact and to help you hone your skills as a longrange precision shooter.
If you need more info or other shooters opinions of our course of fire and training ability let us know. We offer all types of training options and are very flexable with scheduling.

Tom Sarver
Thunder Valley Precision LLC
[email protected]
[email protected]
740-502-6530

I thought I could shoot long range because I kill a few groundhogs over 300yds. Then I showed up at <span style="font-weight: bold">Thunder Valley Precision</span>, that was an eye opener. Been going to matches and learning from Tom and some other shooters, now hitting steel out to 1165. Top notch in my book

Rifles Only. Jacob is the friggin' zen master of all things that go boom!

+1 for Rifles Only. Went in May for Private Instruction, and am attending September PR1&2 and PR3 helo. The money spent with Jacob, Lisa, and Crew at RO could not be better spent anywhere else IMHO. Great facilities, Great people, and very professional training environment.

Rifles Only alum here and I plan on going back. As a bonus, the online training reinforces everything you learn at the course.

Just an ideal, but wouldnt it be handy to start a thread listing the differant schools, what they teach and contact information, then making it a Sticky.

I'm sure there are several of them out there that many of us arn't aware of.

Central Virginia Tactical and US Training Center are both very good schools that will teach you the fundamentals. I was totally new to LR shooting, but had no trouble hitting 800 and 1,000 yard targets while at each.

Thanks all. I have started putting together a list and once I feel I am more familiar/comfortable with my rifle then I'll have to pick one. Michele I did have a great experience at Blackwater when I took a tactical carbine course there with Jason Falla.

Wow!! Rifles Only is kick ass. Just checked out the site. Even shooting from a moving helicopter is available.

A little my problem:
Rifles Only or GPS Defense Sniper school (ex Mc Millan School) ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 208Plinker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any schools up in the northwest?? Seems like they are all east coast or southern. </div></div>

Central Cascade Precision is located in Yakima, Washington. You can view some after action reports here in some threads.

www.ccptraining.com

+1 for Storm Mountain, WV. Outstanding rifle range for long range shooting. Mountain range shooting really tests your ranging and wind skills. Instructors are top notch.