• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors List of user serviceable center-fire suppressors?

carbonbased

💥💥💥💥
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2018
Minnesota
I know many people say that center-fire suppressors are self-cleaning, but I figure this is a subject worth investigating. I’ve seen a few center-fire examples packed full; I’m sure that was after tens of thousands of rounds, but I’m a prairie dog shooter that sends lots of rounds down range.

If I’m waiting a year and spending $1300 with all the goodies, I think I want to open it up to clean it.

Another consideration is I might use it on my rimfire rifle too, but am not sure if center-fire rounds will utterly bake any rimfire sludge onto the baffles.

(I’ll edit this list as I come across more)

Here is a list of user-serviceable suppressors, both pistol and high pressure rifle (alphabetized); the ones with PCC (pistol caliber carbine) after their name may be only pistol rated or may allow lower pressure centerfire calibers like 300 Blackout subsonic, 350 Legend, 450 Bushmaster, etc. (updated 2/23/2021):
  • AAC
    • Halcyon (rimfire, but can shoot 5.7x28 FN according to mfr)
    • Illusion 9 (9mm only)
    • Ti-Rant 9M (9mm only)
    • Ti-Rant 45M (pistol/PCC)
  • Banish from Silencer Central
    • Banish 223
    • Banish 30
    • Banish 30 Gold
    • Banish 45 (pistol/PCC)
  • Bowers
    • Bitty (rimfire, but can shoot 5.7x28 FN)
    • USS 22 (rimfire, but can shoot 5.7x28 FN)
  • Illusion 9 (9mm only)
  • CGS MOD-9 (pistol/PCC)
  • Dead Air
    • Ghost-M (pistol/PCC)
    • Mask 22 HD (rimfire, but can shoot 5.7x28 FN)
    • Odessa-9 (9mm only)
  • Gemtech
    • Aurora 2 (9mm only)
    • GM-45 (pistol/PCC)
    • GM-9 (pistol/PCC)
    • GMT-300BLK
    • Lunar 9 (pistol/PCC)
  • Griffin
    • Bushwhacker 46
    • Optimus Micro
    • Optimus
    • Optimus9
    • Paladin 5
    • Paladin .300
    • Resistance 22M (rimfire, but can shoot 5.7x28 FN)
    • Resistance 9 (pistol/PCC)
    • Revolution 9 (pistol/PCC)
    • Resistance 45 (pistol/PCC)
    • Revolution 45 (pistol/PCC)
    • Sportsman Ultra Light 300
    • Sportsman Ultra Light 338
  • Liberty Mystic X
  • Lane
    • Scorpion 375
    • Scorpion 530
    • Scorpion 556
    • Scorpion 458
    • Scorpion 6.5
    • Scorpion King
    • Scorpion Magnum
  • OSS RAD 22 (rimfire, but can shoot 5.7x28 FN)
  • Ruger Silent-SR 22LR (rimfire, but can shoot 5.7x28 FN)
  • Rugged
    • Obsidian 9 (pistol/PCC)
    • Obsidian 45 (pistol/PCC)
    • Oculus (rimfire, but can shoot 5.7x28 FN)
  • Sig Sauer SRD 45 (pistol/PCC)
  • SilencerCo
    • Maxim 9 (a integrally suppressed 9mm pistol)
    • Octane 9 2.0 (pistol/PCC)
    • Octane 45 2.0 (pistol/PCC)
    • Switchback 22 (rimfire, but can shoot 5.7x28 FN)
    • Sparrow 22 (rimfire, but can shoot 5.7x28 FN)
    • Spectre 22 (rimfire, but can shoot 5.7x28 FN)
  • SureFire
    • Ryder 9-MP5 (9mm only)
    • Ryder 9Ti (9mm only)
  • Tactical Solutions Axiom (rimfire, but can shoot 5.7x28 FN)
  • Thunder Beast
    • 556 Takedown
    • 22 Take Down (rimfire, but can shoot 5.7x28 FN)
  • TX Silencer Scoundrel (rimfire, but can shoot 5.7x28 FN)
  • YHM
    • 9mm Sidewinder (pistol/PCC)
    • Mite SS (rimfire, but can shoot 5.7x28 FN according to mfr)
    • Sidewinder 45 (pistol/PCC)
    • Stinger (rimfire, but can shoot 5.7x28 FN)

Let’s hear about some other examples!

Last edited:
Yeah, I know, but I meant really clean. Like if I swap it to/from my .22LR.

Nobody else makes a user-serviceable can except the one I mentioned above?

Wait, I remember another couple I came across. The Griffin Optimus Micro and the bigger version, the Optimus.

Yeah, I know, but I meant really clean. Like if I swap it to/from my .22LR.

Nobody else makes a user-serviceable can except the one I mentioned above?

Wait, I remember another couple I came across. The Griffin Optimus Micro and the bigger version, the Optimus.

Why the hell would you want a really clean can?

Reactions: Sierra770
Cleaning a can is a bit over rated. Probably more necessary on the 22 cans as they have so little internal volume, but even then I don’t really worry about it on mine.

@Huskydriver and @G-Dog
22LR is super dirty. You could fill up a welded up can in no time. That’s why all rimfire cans are openable (that I know of, anyway). And I’ve read, but have not confirmed, that if one shoots, oh, say 500-1000 rounds of 22LR with a multi caliber can and switches it to a centerfire, the increased heat/pressure bakes on that super dirty rimfire carbon/lead mix to your baffles.

@rust4brains thx for the tip. I’ll add it.

@Huskydriver and @G-Dog
22LR is super dirty. You could fill up a welded up can in no time. That’s why all rimfire cans are openable (that I know of, anyway). And I’ve read, but have not confirmed, that if one shoots, oh, say 500-1000 rounds of 22LR with a multi caliber can and switches it to a centerfire, the increased heat/pressure bakes on that super dirty rimfire carbon/lead mix to your baffles.

@rust4brains thx for the tip. I’ll add it.

I'm aware that 22lr builds up but that's why they make rimfire cans....

I don't understand why you want a spotless centerfire can

I don't understand why you want a spotless centerfire can
  1. Using the same can with both center and rimfire (perhaps).
  2. In the #1 scenario, cleaning out the rimfire crud completely before shooting centerfire may prevent said crud from welding itself to the inside of the can.
  3. Can is $1300 and takes ~year to get. Just like my guns, I want to hand them down, and over time, the a welded centerfire surpressor may fill up. Who knows, maybe my kids won’t be able to buy suppressors in the future due to the government, and I want mine to last a looooong time so they can have mine. Maybe it will be illegal to have “grandfathered” cans serviced. Who the heck knows what the legal environment will be?
  4. If I was just shooting centerfire through the can, I’m not concerned with “spotless”. But see #3.

Reactions: drew_235
Then Chuck it in a ultrasonic cleaner every so often and be done with it.

I believe some of the suppressors made by Liberty are user serviceable

Buddy has a Liberty Mystic X and I’ve seen him pull the core out...it’s not a baffle stack though...looks like a huge/odd muzzle brake on the inside if I remember correctly. Been a while since I saw him pull the core out though.

I believe some of the suppressors made by Liberty are user serviceable

Buddy has a Liberty Mystic X and I’ve seen him pull the core out...it’s not a baffle stack though...looks like a huge/odd muzzle brake on the inside if I remember correctly. Been a while since I saw him pull the core out though.

Called a mono core

The Paladin® is my personal favorite and a class leader. The optimus 9, is right behind that in my personal preference. We are coming out with a .46" bore suppressor Q1 of 2020 that will also be in this class, look for info on it in January. (y)

Well, I bought a Banish 30. I’ll try to do a report on it when the government allows it to arrive next decade. :rolleyes:

Haven’t decided on a rimfire can, although I can use the Banish 30 as a rather heavy 9oz and 7” rimfire can after removing 2”. I think you guys are right to have at least two cans (rimfire & centerfire) if for no other reason pure laziness.

Reactions: Backcountryguy
Well, I bought a Banish 30. I’ll try to do a report on it when the government allows it to arrive next decade. :rolleyes:

Haven’t decided on a rimfire can, although I can use the Banish 30 as a rather heavy 9oz and 7” rimfire can after removing 2”. I think you guys are right to have at least two cans (rimfire & centerfire) if for no other reason pure laziness.

I went with the Varminter 4.0 as my first can and have been 100% thrilled with it. From .22LR to .300WM it has performed superbly and the ease of cleaning, particularly when shooting .22LR, was a factor in my decision-making process. Now I'm looking to add the Banish 45 to the fold as my next suppressor purchase. The Banish 30 now has replacement end caps available in .22 and 6.5mm sizes to squeeze a couple more dB out of them when shooting sub-calibers. Very happy with my Varminter.

And @SilencerShop if you allowed users to filter your suppressors by "user serviceable" it would help a great deal. You already have that row in each suppressor details section, why not allow to filter results for it?