• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Little help from the Savage "nut" jobs on this forum

ArmyJerry

fukallyall
Banned !
Nov 22, 2012
Kicking Ass Somewhere
Is this receive a round back or a flat back? Its a new 111, looking to get a scope base for it but everyone describes them differently. EGW says its a flat back but I think its a round.

Attachments

• DSCN2825.jpg
    DSCN2825.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 15
Thanks Gents, now for Q number two, have a bull barrel coming for it, what height rings with the EGW 20 MOA base, thinking medium, but hoping one of you can confirm, will have a 30 mm tube on it.

I'm using a 20 mos EGW base with a 30mm scope and 44mm objective. I'm using Burris tactical low 30mm rings. I have about 5/16" space between barrel and objective.So I would say low rings.

Burris XTR lows work just fine with an EGW 20MOA base and a Bushnell 4200 Tactical 6-24x50 FFP wearing Butler Creek flip-ups on my Savage 110.

Honestly, a bigger concern is the length of the base - you might end up wanting/needing to take a hacksaw to the first lug or two on the scope base to 1. give you more clearance on the scope and 2. preclude removing the base for a barrel swap.

Lows will work fine, the savage barrel at the chamber end is only 1.055" or 1.120". Depending on whether it ias large or small shank receiver . Most 1 piece"tactical" type bases add enough height to make low(.25" from top of rail to bottom of scope tube) rings work with 50 mm obj scopes, with room to spare. The Bushnell OD on a 50mm is alot bigger then say the OD of a loopy 50mm. I have a setup like boiler, and there is clearance for butler creeks too. On a Remington that has a 1.20 or 1.25" OD at the chamber end, ring height is alittle more critical, measurement is required to avoid having to ship back rings. I agree with boiler on cutting off a little off the rail that over hangs the nut. Make sure the front screw doesn't bottom out on the barrel threads when u put the rail on.

Last edited:
I think most low rings will work for you. I'm using TPS low rings with a Vortex Viper PST and have room to spare for Butler Creek caps.

That is correct, so long as that barrel is no bigger than 1.125, which it shouldn't be if you are using a prefit barrel. If you are having a gunsmith shoulder a heavy barrel that's like a 1.2 straight bull barrel then you will be a little tight with low rings. In which case warne medium rings are a good half step up.

Tps low rings are a little taller then xtr low, .25" compared to .29". They are better quality then the xtr and just a little more.

I have an EGW 20 MOA base on my Savage with heavy profile barrel, the scope is a NF 56mm objective and with NF low rings the obj barely clears the barrel. hth

I have run Burris low rings on a egw 20 moa rail with up to a 50mm objective with my savage varmint contour barrels

I also run this with no problems.

12LRP, Bushnell 4200 6-24x50, EGW 20 MOA rail, Burris low rings.

Clears the barrel by a little over 1/8"