• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Little Joe getting some

Bruiser_Joe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2009
Hell
we went to the range today and my son kept asking so i had to let him, I couldn't be more proud, little guy stood there and held on while i squeezed the trigger for half a mag of 9mm and was pissed when i took it away.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Honestly couldn't give a shit if you agree with me doin this or not so keep your parenting tips to yourself. I don't tell you how to raise you kids don't try to tell me how to raise mine!</span>

2126c3dc.jpg

2b29d946.jpg

88acf80b.jpg

Re: Little Joe getting some

Before long he is going to want his own 1911 lol. Good to start em young IMO.

Have you gotten him his own 22/45 or similar yet? My guess is he may love being able to hold it and squeeze the trigger on his own.

buying the kids both crickets this winter, they usually just go and play and then pick up hte brass at teh end, lol. he just wouldn't stop asking so i had to let him. my daughter wants to until the first recoil and then she is done.

That's fuckin awesome...

oh and by the way he turns 2 on thursday
laugh.gif

Look at the Savage line of youth .22's before the Cricket. Way more for your money. I bought my little guy the Savage Cub. It's the spec rifle for boy scouts. Adjustable peep sight, accutrigger and feels actually like a rifle instead of a toy like the Cricket.

my son may get a cz youth gun cuz my friend has one and its a pretty nice little gun.

my daughter doesn't care as long as its pink.. then again thats what guys like ARP and shortbus, etc are for
laugh.gif

I can't wait to show this to the wife. My boy will be 2 in September and he already has a Henry Youth lever 22, Rossi Youth 410 single shot, and the standard Red Ryder BB gun. I just moved all of his stuff into my old safe. I've got another boy on the way so I can only imagine the trouble these boys will get into! They are never too young to learn safety that's for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh and by the way he turns 2 on thursday
laugh.gif
</div></div>Thats awesome, I wish my father would have gotten me addicted that early.

well my son will have no shortage of guns when the time comes... i just may keep them shot and cleaned between now and then
laugh.gif

Yeah I wish I had a AR15-22 and a MP5 22lr clone to terrorize sparros and pop cans when I was growing up. My sons will have it made. The Henry might need a new barrel by the time my boy gets it though! What a fun little rig.

It would be nice if he gave you a poster of that for "Father's day" when he grows up a little.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: k20350</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look at the Savage line of youth .22's before the Cricket. Way more for your money. I bought my little guy the Savage Cub. It's the spec rifle for boy scouts. Adjustable peep sight, accutrigger and feels actually like a rifle instead of a toy like the Cricket. </div></div>
+1 for the Savage. The Cricket is a POS. The agency I work for had several Crickets for our youth program and they were nothing but trouble. Weak extractors, sights getting loose or falling off. They were garbage. We recently got new Savages and have had zero issues with them.

Well played. Counting the days until my son can grip a gun and shoot with me. Freakin awesome.

Thats awesome, I remember going shooting all the time when i was little, not that little though. He looks so content with shooting that gun, so rad on so many levels.

That is completely the most irresponsible thing I have seen with a child. You have no juice box for quick hydration.

wink.gif
Cool pics Joe and they bring back memories of my own. Thanks

You also forgot fruit snacks!! My guy is 4. I think he will be ready to start by summer w/ airsoft. He already sizes all my .223 cases. Can't quite do long action cartridges yet. Takes all his ass to do it then every time looks at me and says "That was easy Daddy!"

It's things like this that I miss about not having kids.
frown.gif
Thanks for sharing, Joe. Those are the kind of memories that will never be forgotten.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh and by the way he turns 2 on thursday
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Awesome!

My first range day was the last time 4 generations of my family were together. I was just shy of 20 months and it was a Ruger MkII

Rock on, this is great IMO!

That's awesome. My little guy will be 2 in October, can't wait to have my shootin buddy. He got his first rifle at 2 months( Savage fv. 22).

Big smile here. Love that your little guy wants to shoot a pistol like his father, it obviously makes you proud and that is cool. Cant wait to get my daughter out shooting, but she is only 14 weeks old. Also, I am working with my 5 yr old niece on rifle safety before we go to the range. She called me up one day recently and asked me to teach her to shoot a rifle, so she can go elk hunting with me when she is big enough. Talk about a proud uncle!