• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Little man's first turkey

ggmanning

Bird Dog
Minuteman
  • Apr 23, 2010
    Rural South
    Had a good hunt today with my youngest. He got the driver's seat because big sister was on a trip with mom. He couldn't have planned it any better. We have a big storm moving in this afternoon so I set us up on a good field. A good first one for him becuase we could see it from 150 yards away and as I worked him in Jeb had time to get calm and ready for the shot. 10" beard and some spurs a hair over 1" A happy little boy and dad!

DSC00452Copy.jpg

DSC00453Copy.jpg

DSC00455Copy.jpg

Re: Little man's first turkey

Thats awesome and congrats Jeb, our youth season starts next Sat, my sons excited as well!!

Outstanding! Love to see it. We're not open here in CT yet either and min age is 12. None of the kids old enough to pull trigger yet but will be in the woods with me.

Love seeing the kids do it!

Wow, I cant belive you have a 12 yr old limit. My kids have been hunting at least half their life by that time.

Excellent job! That was quite a strom that rolled through. Glad ya'll got your bird before the winds kicked up. We were not so lucky.
    frown.gif

Thanks for the kind words....quite a memory built with that hunt.

Tunanut, that storm was rough.....flattened our Lowes and Tractor Supply along with about 60-70 homes. Even that morning the wind was big enough that I could see the bird gobble from about 100 yds and barely hear him.

I don't believe in beginner's luck and turkey hunting is a skill.

He's got what it takes!

Great 1st bird!