• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Little Something

Re: Little Something

NICE!
I had the Canon 7D w/ Tamron 17-50VC for videos on my website.

When I saw a video from T2i I sold the 7D within days...
great video camera.

What lens? Kit lens?

Very good job!

Nice job, I have realized that quality photography and video work is like understanding music. I am tone deaf and starting to think that I don't have an eye for photos either or i need to invest a lot more into equipment. Some of the work seen on the Hide is certainly of proffesional quality. Thank you for sharing your video with us.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: torque4me</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NICE!
I had the Canon 7D w/ Tamron 17-50VC for videos on my website.

When I saw a video from T2i I sold the 7D within days...
great video camera.

What lens? Kit lens?

Very good job!

</div></div>

Yeah the T2i does some pretty amazing video, I have watched a few indi films shot with one and you would swear they were using a Red One or something. As for the lens its the 18-55mm that comes with the camera.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: okr4zyo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Neat Video, I really like the camera angles</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great job on the cinematography!</div></div>

Appreciate it.

Very nice.

How is the sound on the T2i?

I have a Rebel XSi that I use for stills. I need a video camera, but I have been thinking about the T2i since I can still use the same lenses and batteries.

Also how is the video quality in lower light settings?

Sweet Video GG!! For the price, the T2i is def an amazing camera!!

@Lonewolf, it shoots pretty well in low light.

Here's some shots of the T2i

1106320013_3Crpk-X3.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Robinhood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet Video GG!! For the price, the T2i is def an amazing camera!!

@Lonewolf, it shoots pretty well in low light. </div></div>

Not worried about stills in low light. I got a handle on those:

atlas_1259.jpg

AE_0675.jpg

I am more interested in the video quality in other than broad daylight or full on studio lighting. Specifically in convention halls and what not. I am considering my options for some video at SHOT next year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice.

How is the sound on the T2i?

I have a Rebel XSi that I use for stills. I need a video camera, but I have been thinking about the T2i since I can still use the same lenses and batteries.

Also how is the video quality in lower light settings?</div></div>

The camera its self can handle it.

It also depends on what lens your trying to do it with. I am looking getting something like a 50mm prime 1.8f or less for low light, because if you were to do something like that you can keep your ISO down so it doesn't get grainy.

Thanks for all the good comments though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great. Been looking at getting a 50mm or lower prime for the XSi anyway.

</div></div>

Which prime are you looking at?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The cheap Canon 50mm 1.8.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...5-416-_-Product

They aren't supposed to be the most durable but they get excellent reviews on image quality. They are supposed to have a nice bokeh too.</div></div>

Yeah thats also the same one I am looking at getting...At least it will be something to learn how to shoot with prime lenses.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SkyScrapin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet video... I especially like the portion that went in and out of focus as you swept across the brass casings. To cool.

SS</div></div>

Thank you.