• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors living Military and cans

dohnuts58

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2009
the big MO
I am a Marine, on Active duty, from MO, living in VA. Can I buy here or do I have to buy in MO and bring it here?

Re: living Military and cans

Your PCS orders and lease treat you as a Virginia resident (per federal law).

I had no problems with short-barrel rifles or suppressors as a Texas resident stationed in Virginia.

If you live on-base your Chief Law Enforcement Officer is the Base Provost Marshal. If off-base it's the municipal/county chief of police or sheriff. You might be able to use the local state police barracks commander.

Roger.

If you live in the barracks it probably has to stay locked up in the arms room (my experience is Army-based). If family quarters (depending on local base policy) you keep it at home in the gun safe.

Fairfax County highly recommended (but did not require) a gun safe and home alarm system.

Do the "Trust" for the cans. Trust allows those listed in the trust to have access to said cans. Without it only you can have access, bad news if your on a float for six months. As said above check post (base) reg. for NFA weapons.
In the Army it was a no-go if on post.