• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT 308- M110 SASS trials

DrDeath

Colonel
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2009
Was the LMT 308 ever in the running or in the trials of the M110-sass?

was the LMT 308 ever used and deployed by United States troops overseas?

Was the LMT 308 ever in the running or in the trials of the M110-sass?

was the LMT 308 ever used and deployed by United States troops overseas?
The SASS was before its time.

It was down selected in the CSASS along with with the Scar and Hk, Performance among the three rifles was more or less the same with the third phase being canceled due to user feedback from I believe Brag/Benning. Its been a while.

I doubt it. The British and NZ use it down range.

Looks like certain people may have used them. @Docsherm
E4623998-5E38-49BA-BB15-EE5BED641623.png

FWIW, they are both superb large frame gas precision rifles. We build M110 rifles and also the L129A from LMT. They use a lot of interchangeable parts. KAC seems to grab headlines, while LMT just does good old-fashioned great work with a Midwest sense of humbleness. I am pretty sure LMT was building parts for the KAC M110 program in the early 2000s, and there is some evidence that the building relationship also went the other way as well.

Did the trial M110’s possibly from LMT have the MRP system or the standard Rail forends?

Did the trial M110’s possibly from LMT have the MRP system or the standard Rail forends?
Lmt did not participate in the original M110/Sass test

Lmt submitted their LM8 for the M110A1/CSASS.

Reactions: Jsp556
I have talked to two guys that were over seas and they did have LMT 308’s on their deployment.... were these T&E!!?