• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT 308 prices

DrDeath

Colonel
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2009
Looking at LMT 308 prices on GB and other forums they are all over the road! From 3g to 5g! Wtf is going on??? So what is the going rate for a 308 LMT? 20inch barrel? 16? 14.5?

I think $3-$4 is a real world fair price depending on which one you're looking at. If you want an L129 reference rifle you're looking north of $4-$4500. A 20" creedmoor would sit around $3800-$4000. I think $3000 - $3500 is fair for a 16". This is just what I've found over the years. I'm sure someone on here has seen them cheaper, but this is just my experience.

I think $3-$4 is a real world fair price depending on which one you're looking at. If you want an L129 reference rifle you're looking north of $4-$4500. A 20" creedmoor would sit around $3800-$4000. I think $3000 - $3500 is fair for a 16". This is just what I've found over the years. I'm sure someone on here has seen them cheaper, but this is just my experience.

Does the MWS command more money than LMT's newer-named MRP? When I got my LMT Mars H lower I wanted to build an MWS, but now they have the MRP. I think it's the same thing despite the name-change, does it really matter? Is it still an MWS in every other way other than the name change?

They’re in the PX for middle of the road prices. Might take a bit but quicker than a wait list I’d venture.

anything over 2800 and you're being foolish. prices have come down some and will continue to drop

Reactions: BCP
I think it depends on the components… stainless barrel vs chrome, upper design, new vs used, mars or defender? Those things fluctuate the values a bit. Msrp have gone way up across the board so that gives dealers higher sale prices too and people looking for reference costs A higher point as well. If you’re patient deals pop up.

Reactions: Puget Shooter
Does the MWS command more money than LMT's newer-named MRP? When I got my LMT Mars H lower I wanted to build an MWS, but now they have the MRP. I think it's the same thing despite the name-change, does it really matter? Is it still an MWS in every other way other than the name change?
My understanding is that it was just a “rebranding” essentially, probably stemmed from military client confusion or just wanted to clean up naming conventions. The LMT AR10 Platform is the Mws which used to include the defender lower and/or the mars-h lower. With the rebrand, Mrp, or monolithic rail platform refers to all their one piece upper rifles (ar15 and ar10). The next designation is the L or H. l is the “light” for the ar 15 and h for “heavy” signifying the ar 10.

Short answer is yes to your last question. Only thing really new is the axle trigger that’s included with the mars l and h series.

anything over 2800 and you're being foolish. prices have come down some and will continue to drop
rutgers is right. it's my understanding they finished up some military contracts in mid-december, so LMT products should be coming back in stock in 2023. i expect the prices on LMT's will be dropping this year

rutgers is right. it's my understanding they finished up some military contracts in mid-december, so LMT products should be coming back in stock in 2023. i expect the prices on LMT's will be dropping this year
I hope so, but I dont see their prices coming down for a while, hope I'm wrong. While they did finish a few contracts, they kicked off a few more. The new ones I've heard of all use MLOK rails and 6.5 barrels so I expect those to be rare going forward.

In speaking with LMT and dealers recently one of the big bottlenecks seems to be the forging process, anything that use that process is way behind and not speeding up any time soon.

Last edited:
I hope so, but I dont see their prices coming down for a while, hope I'm wrong. While they did finish a few contracts, they kicked off a few more. The new ones I've heard of all use MLOK rails and 6.5 barrels so those I expect those to be rare going forward.

In speaking with LMT and dealers recently one of the big bottlenecks seems to be the forging process, anything that use that process is way behind and not speeding up any time soon.
are you in a rush?

I don’t see prices coming down at all. Supply and demand.

I don’t see prices coming down at all. Supply and demand.
I agree, there's no reason why LMT would drop prices, their items, especially MWS rifles and uppers sell out very quickly with dealers. They've also made it clear that their high demand mil contracts take top priority and the civilian market gets whats left. Obviously that’s their business model so it makes sense, I’d also guess the mil customer base is paying any less for their contract rifles so it wouldn’t make sense to discount them on the civilian side. I think we’ll see higher prices continually but “discount events” like Black Friday and a few dealer deals here and there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jsp556
Look at the AR15.com equipment exchange. There are some on there.

Prices are definitely on the way down on nearly all LMT items. Still above precovid prices, but not at peak prices anymore imo. Some rare items will probably still fetch crazy prices (like a 15" MWS mlok upper, I'd guess), but we probably aren't going to see mars-l stripped lowers for $700, or mrp-l quad rail uppers without barrels for $1300. $900 for a 300 blk barrel, that's not happening anymore either.

I'm talking about the secondary market, as it's been near impossible to buy from a dealer, but that's gotten much better in the past few months.

But it's not just LMT, it's all things gun related. Seen some crazy good deals lately.

I for one would really like to see more uppers in stock lol. Not being able to find a 13.25" MLOK 556 upper for the past year has been a beat down. I am inches away from settling for the quad rail version just to finish the project and even that is still selling at nearly $800 new. I miss the days of being able to pick up a stripped monolithic upper for $400.

I for one would really like to see more uppers in stock lol. Not being able to find a 13.25" MLOK 556 upper for the past year has been a beat down. I am inches away from settling for the quad rail version just to finish the project and even that is still selling at nearly $800 new. I miss the days of being able to pick up a stripped monolithic upper for $400.
I've not seen them at 800, cheapest is 845. The quad is outstanding and not heavy at all, I have one. Great set up, nicely balanced with both 14.5 and 16. Also, you don't need to remove mlok add ons when swapping or cleaning barrel as you need to with mlok di variants in order to remove the barrel. The quad doesn't have that problem

Last edited:
Reactions: Jsp556