• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT 6.5 CREEDMOOR MWS

Wild Geese 1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
I am planning on possibly getting a 6.5 Creedmoor Barrel for my LMT, and was hoping that possibly some of you guys that already have one for your rifle could please let me know how the LMT Barrel works for you. The loads that you are using and what kind of accuracy you are getting, hopefully some 5 shot group results at 100 yards, and possibly farther. Thanks in advance for your information.

Re: LMT 6.5 CREEDMOOR MWS

Hopefully I can get you some info Friday. I'm planning to finally get out and shoot my new 6.5CM barrel to 800yds or so.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1ajunkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hopefully I can get you some info Friday. I'm planning to finally get out and shoot my new 6.5CM barrel to 800yds or so. </div></div>

Thank You looking forward to seeing your results.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild Geese 1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1ajunkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hopefully I can get you some info Friday. I'm planning to finally get out and shoot my new 6.5CM barrel to 800yds or so. </div></div>

Thank You looking forward to seeing your results. </div></div>

+1

I've got an MWS on order and I'm thinking of going with 6.5CM for it.

Slipped away today to put a couple rounds through my new 6.5CM barrel for my mws. Conditions were very soggy, it rained a little today here in north GA making for a quick range session. I brought along 20 rounds to get zeroed and shoot a couple of quick groups at 100yds. So far I am very impressed with what I am getting, and can't wait to get back out and really see what I can do.

I was shooting factory 140gr amax hornady loads. Before any one gets confused, this is with a 1/8" twist barrel that I lucked up on and not the current production 1/9" twist. The rifle ran flawless as expected both suppressed and unsuppressed for the few rounds.

After shooting 5 rounds and gettting a zero I fired these five for a group:
65cm1.jpg

I then came up .1 mil and shot this group:
65cm.jpg

With my last five rounds I wanted to see what happened when the suppressor was attached. This group was fired with the exact same zero as the previous group so I could measure poi shift with the can. Judging from the pic shift is minimal, but I did have an issue with the low left round and kind of ruined the group but I was getting tired of laying on the wet ground:
65suppressed.jpg

Overall, I am very pleased with this new barrel. My chrono was giving issues so I'm not sure on the velocity but I'm planning to stretch it out on friday and report back on how that goes.

On an unrelated note I am a bit concerned about damage to the brass. I am finding every piece of brass with a dent near the shoulder. Hopefully this doesn't cause any major issues.
100_2488.jpg

ETA: Pic of the rifle
IMAG0507.jpg

IMAG0505.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1ajunkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
On an unrelated note I am a bit concerned about damage to the brass. I am finding every piece of brass with a dent near the shoulder. Hopefully this doesn't cause any major issues.
100_2488.jpg

</div></div>

looks like an issue with your gas system... if the dings happening prior to sending the round, the dents would smooth out upon pressure building... They're probably hitting the deflector plate. You may need to tune that gas block if it's adjustable. shouldn't be an issue with accuracy, but might wear out your brass faster.

Dont think you can tune the gas block on those....

The brass damage is from going back and forth between suppressor use and no use. It just amplifies the pressure in the operating system.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dont think you can tune the gas block on those....

The brass damage is from going back and forth between suppressor use and no use. It just amplifies the pressure in the operating system. </div></div>

Every case is dented, they all look the same whether the suppressor is on or off. My main concern is that the cases are okay to reload, dents don't bother me so long as they are still in acceptable shape.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1ajunkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dont think you can tune the gas block on those....

The brass damage is from going back and forth between suppressor use and no use. It just amplifies the pressure in the operating system. </div></div>

Every case is dented, they all look the same whether the suppressor is on or off. My main concern is that the cases are okay to reload, dents don't bother me so long as they are still in acceptable shape. </div></div>

Mine does the same thing. It doesn't hurt anything. The primer pockets will loosen long before the dents could ever be an issue.

Sizing smooths some of it out and firing takes care of the rest. There will be a new dent once the gun ejects the case and you'll have a tough time finding the old ones.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1kOrBust</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the good or bad with the 1/9 twist? </div></div>
My friends LMT .260 1-9 barrel won't shoot 140 AMAX's.

Ok, I know I'm Dr Frankenstein reviving this necro post....

But, someone was kind and pointed out an 18" 1/9 SS LMT MWS 6.5 Creedomoor barrel for me and I jumped on it. I have a 6.5 Creedmoor R700 and I absolutely love it. Shooting factory 140's or hand loaded 140 Bergers/123 Lapua scenars it prints bug holes and has such minimal recoil it is laughable. Knowing that this incoming barrel is a 1/9 I plan to stick with the 123's. Does anyone here have any any experience with the likes/dislikes of particular loads with a 6.5 CM LMT? Or with any 1/9 6.5 CM Semiauto for that matter?