• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT MWS and heavy buffer

Hogshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 23, 2003
Powhatan, Va
I run my LMT MWS suppressed most of the time. It functions great but I worry about about excessive wear since I know it is over gassed. Does anyone have any experience using one of Slash's extra heavy buffers with an LMT MWS to slow the action down a bit ? If so, does it run with no issues when shooting without the suppressor ? I do not have an adjustable gas block...thanks

Rick

Re: LMT MWS and heavy buffer

While I'm sure you'll find someone on here with experience, give Clint (a.k.a. - Slash) a call and ask him about the function of your rifle/ammo combo and one of his 308 heavy buffers. While he's certainly in business to make money, I've seen him give some of the most honest and forthright advice over the years, including steering people away from his products when function problems may be an issue with their setups.

Running Clint's buffers in a wide variety of platforms though...I don't think you will have any troubles whatsoever with 100% function.

I switched from the Sopmod to a PRS and had to buy a rifle buffer and went with Slash's Heavy Buffer.

Haven't fired it yet but I can attest to great service and what looks like a quality product.

Wont know how it works until I get my barrel back from Clint after he pins/welds my brake (so sad).

I'm running a MWS with one of Clint's Heavy Buffers with PRS stock. To be honest, haven't run a bunch of different ammo through it yet just some 175 FGMM but it works great.

Thanks for the replys. I went ahead and ordered one and the spring combo after emailing with Clint.

I run a UBR with a slash buffer and spring.

I've never had any sort of a failure with any ammo or configuration of the gun. I've shot everything from 147g milsup to 175g match ammo.

100% from day one, no exceptions. I don't think I own another gun I can say that about.

I also run my MWS w/ UBR on Sashes Heavy buffer and spring. Running it both suppressed and unsuppressed w variety of ammo from 147 to 180 gr, no problems yet after over 6000 rounds.

+1 for Slash! I just ordered his CAR10 XH buffer and spring and installed it and a Magpul UBR on my MWS. Slash is great about responding to emails and answering questions.

I'm curious on how the recoil impulse is with the extra heavy rifle buffer. Does it have a lot of forward force and make the rifle feel like it wants to jump forward with the added weight? I know the extra heavy is almost twice the weight of an regular rifle length buffer. Any input from people who have used it?

I have an MWS and run a surefire Socom 7.62 on it all the time. Do I need to be worried about running the stock buffer tube? It seems to run fine as I have never
had any malfunctions.

Thx
Rhino

I have ran from mk319 to 147 ball, 168 smk and 175 smk all with no problems whatsoever in my MWS. I swear by Clint's buffer/spring combo's.

Prior to installing a PRS in my MWS (20"), I had Slash's heavy carbine weight and it ran great. I now have the PRS, with the heavy rifle buffer weight and have experienced no problems. In this more recent iteration, I have shot about 50 rounds of FGMM 175 suppressed with no problems.

Though not directly related, I have a heavy rifle buffer weight in an SPR and a heavy carbine weight in a 3-gun setup and they both (5.56/ .223) run fine... I'm not sure these upgraded buffer weights have a place if you really want to shave oz., but I do feel they smooth the recoil out a bit...