• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT MWS barrel conversion

Re: LMT MWS barrel conversion

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DBMG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
We are now offering,
LMT MWS barrel conversion
199.95 shipped </div></div>
I love you.....
By conversion do you mean that it works with the existing barrel extension on an AR10 or its the piece that replaces the barrel extension?

The conversion works with the standard extension, you supply barrel and factory extension we do the rest.

This means I can go out and find any ar10 barrel and send to you and it will return ready to install in my mws?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DBMG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The conversion works with the standard extension, you supply barrel and factory extension we do the rest. </div></div>

You are confusing us slower children. Barrels I can find. Where do I get the factory extention that I need to furnish?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Prairie Dog Dundee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DBMG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The conversion works with the standard extension, you supply barrel and factory extension we do the rest. </div></div>

You are confusing us slower children. Barrels I can find. Where do I get the factory extention that I need to furnish? </div></div>They (DBMG) converts standard barrel assemblies to fit the MWS. You dont need the factory MWS extension.

I have a question for DBMG, though. What about any head spacing concerns? Should the bolt be sent with the barrel for the conversion?

Yes on the MWS conversion we would like to have the bolt for double checking the head space

I would really like to see some pictures of a modified barrel if it is possible. I have been thinking about getting a LMT MWS but the lack of barrels has been stopping me. I really want a 20 inch 6.5 Creedmoor; it seems to me that is the Cartridge to get right now for an AR-10. I assume that you are adding a piece of metal to the barrel extension which includes the bracket which supports the gas tube, if so how is it attached? Do you remove that barrel extension as part of the process? Is anything welded?

Are they lighter than the LMT barrels then? (assuming similar barrel profiles) Also does it matter if its AR10 or LR 308 pattern?

MWS conversion sale, $169.95

Thanks for all the orders and kind words

Has anyone done the 6.5 CM Noveske? I see on the DBMG site that someone has but is it someone on this site? Would love to hear more.

I'm interested in fit and finish. I just wonder when people sell stuff that they don't have pics of- I'm just a visual type of guy. If they don't get their MWS extensions from LMT, it would be interesting to see if they differ, or if you can even tell the diference.

Thank you for the interest, we are always trying to improve our business. Feed back is the most important part. I will make sure we have better pictures of before and after for both barrel conversions. DBMG strives for perfect fit and finish, I am sure the best way to quantify this is through customer responses. There are many people who have posted on the quality, fit and finish on many sites, most say better fit then factory.

Any interest in new barrels, any brand contoured to your spec's? We think this would give even more options for caliber and barrel contour.

I would love to see a light weight barrel option.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Re25</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KG_mauserman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would love to see a light weight barrel option. </div></div>

+1 but hammer forged </div></div>

Even better!

However if they could come up with a barrel that weighed a pound or so less than the current 16" offering I'd be pleased as punch even if it weren't hammer forged. I just wonder if it can be done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DBMG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any interest in new barrels, any brand contoured to your spec's? We think this would give even more options for caliber and barrel contour. </div></div>

Could you beat LMT's price point on their SS barrels?
Also, I have another question: I've been considering sending a barrel/bolt to you with the Armalite extension on it for conversion. Would this require that I use the Armalite bolt carrier as well?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Zero Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Noveske SS 308 barrel 554 +170 conversion= 724.00

LMT SS barrel is 700 so your gonna be about 25 bucks more for a Noveske.

<span style="text-decoration: underline">For non 308 SS barrels LMT isnt offering them at this time. Projected price via internet talk varies so who knows till its on the dealers shelf.</span>

What DBMG is getting at is spinning up barrels from blanks. Nothing wrong with Rock barrels but is every custom bolt rig built on a Rock...no. Some people prefer a particular brand and flavor of blank, this would allow you to BK it and have it your way vice going the quarter pounder with cheese route. Any 308 bolt face round, any twist rate available from a barrel maker, possibly some different profiles depending on application.

The LMT MWS bolt will work with either the DPMS or Armalight (and Noveske) extentions. Most of the conversions done for the MWS have been Noveske barrels. MRP's have been a mixed lot of everything lol. </div></div>

RE25,
The only time I seen $481 was for 308 CM. Can you tell me how you went about ordering that and how you got that price. Thanks, For that Price I think I may go the 260 route. Is that 20" and threaded?

I wanted to publicly apologize to DBMG for posting on this thread about LMT's barrel prices. I didn't realize this thread was about his conversions and he was trying to offer his services. DBMG offers a great service at an even better price point. My post was not intended to harm his business.

RE25,
no need to apologize, I would prefer every one lays all the cards on the table.

We would be willing to take a few orders for custom countours if any one is inerested.

Dont forget when we are talking pricing, all snipers hide members get a 10% discount. The discount is not just on conversions, all barrels and products we sell.

We just finished test firing a 260 conversion, outstanding in the MWS platform!

out standing results with a custom contour rock blank. working with a bartlien now I hope the results are as good

I have a Bartlein blank ordered that will be sent to you for contour...looking forward to running 6.5 Creedmoor out of my LMT.

Respectfully,

--KJ

Looking forword to getting your barrel, should be a shooter!

Thanks again for converting the 20" Noveske 6.5CM and removing the threads. Still need to upgrade from my stock LMT trigger but plenty of 5 shot groups under 0.80" at 100 yards with the first 120 rounds of factory Hornady AMAX. Everyone with an MRP or MWS should consider the Effetto Mariposa torque wrench for barrel changes because it tops out at the recommended 140 and allows for on board SOPMOD or A2 stock storage.

RangeCreed7.jpg

Mariposa3.jpg

Mariposa2.jpg

Jason,

Thank you for taking the time to post your pictures

Anybody talked with DBMG lately? After reading on this list, I sent 3 brand new Noveske barrels to them for MWS/MRP conversions over a month ago. 10 days ago he said they were done and leaving the shop. I still haven't seen them, have no tracking information, and no phone calls are going through today. I hope he is just swamped with work, but would really like to see my barrels again. At one point he was advertising 48 hour turn around. Anybody have any recent information about them?

Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RV4pilot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody talked with DBMG lately? After reading on this list, I sent 3 brand new Noveske barrels to them for MWS/MRP conversions over a month ago. 10 days ago he said they were done and leaving the shop. I still haven't seen them, have no tracking information, and no phone calls are going through today. I hope he is just swamped with work, but would really like to see my barrels again. At one point he was advertising 48 hour turn around. Anybody have any recent information about them?

Thanks. </div></div>

Very interested in DBMG conversions. Any update on your barrels?

Same here-- I ordered a Noveske 18" from them in Aug for an MWS conversion-- At the time he said he had the barrels in stock and it would be two weeks. They happily took my money...

They won't return phone calls, answer emails, etc.. I'm ready to report to BBB unless I can get a hold of them this week. It's starting to piss me off.

Core

Wow. That puts a stop to my thought of sending them a couple of barrels to do for my MWS and my MRP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Double-edged</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow. That puts a stop to my thought of sending them a couple of barrels to do for my MWS and my MRP. </div></div>

Likewise. I had two barrels I was going to send them. Is there any other smith doing conversions?

I had DBMG do two MRP barrel conversion for me. The first was a 10.5” Noveske 300aac Blackout and it went very smooth and I had my barrel back in less than one week. This fall I inquired before I sent a new barrel to them so make sure they would be able to convert it. The barrel is a 5” Tros 9mm with a 3-lug end. Due to the size I did not think that could do it, LMT said it could not be done. I sent it to them but the same thing. It took a month to get it back. They were slow to return call and emails. They said they were moving the shop and were running into problems. With all that said I am very happy with the end work.

As far as the finish it looked great but, the fit was not the best. It was a very tight fit in the MRP. I had to sand off the finish on both the collar and the bolt groove. The second part I had to sand was the 3-lugs to get my Gemtech suppressor to fit. The suppressor has always been tight so with the new finish it was vary tight. It is still tight be functions great and looks good to.

MRP9mm7.jpg

MRP9mm5.jpg

MRP9mm2.jpg

Has anyone had any conversions done lately?

I have a creedmoor barrel I'd like to get done but after reading a few posts here I'm a little hesitant.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Newguy2k3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone had any conversions done lately?

I have a creedmoor barrel I'd like to get done but after reading a few posts here I'm a little hesitant. </div></div>

I called DBMG this past Thursday and they quoted me a one week turnaround time. He admits to being somewhat overwhelmed by the demand for barrel conversions and is getting to them as fast as possible. That said, I decided to send him my Lilja barrel for conversion. It arrives there on Tuesday. I will update the thread when its completed and on its way back. I expect it to take longer than quoted, but he appears to be the only game in town.

I am expecting one of two, 308 and 6.5 creedmoor next week. I had switchblock installed for running 7.62SD can on a 20 inch 308 Noveske. The 308 barrel is shipping first. He said that it should be shipping by Wednesday or Thursday. I too will post update and pics if possible.

gunfuel...both of those two options sound sweet, and I'd love to hear some feedback from you once you receive the barrels back and do some shooting with them.

I'm really interested to hear about your 6.5cm setup...what barrel/specs did you go with on this?

trident1982 said:
gunfuel...both of those two options sound sweet, and I'd love to hear some feedback from you once you receive the barrels back and do some shooting with them.

I'm really interested to hear about your 6.5cm setup...what barrel/specs did you go with on this?

Trident...I went with a 20 inch 6.5 CM Noveske barrel at 1 and 10 twist. I specified a Noveske Switchblock to vent the gas. Also had DBMG install a AAC 51T muzzle break to accept 7.62SD can.

Thanks pal for the reply, I can't wait to get a 6.5cm setup going for my MWS. Look forward to seeing how yours shoots and looks:)

In regards to the 1:10 twist...pardon my ignorance on this topic as I'm a total newbie to the 6.5cm. Can you expound on why you went with that particular twist rate?