• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT MWS barrel conversion

Re: LMT MWS barrel conversion

I am sorry...I quoted my 308 twist. The twist for the CM is 1 and 8 twist. I shoot mostly with suppressors and I like faster twist rates on all barrels.

No worries brother, I'm super interested in your setup as LMT won't have the 5R 20" 6.5cm barrels for several more months. That should be one helluva sweet MWS when you get it up and going.

If you don't mind...2 more quick questions
grin.gif

1.) Where might I procure a Noveske 20" 6.5cm barrel like yours? Not seeing them on Noveske's website.

2.) How far are you looking to push yours in terms of distance?

Thanks a ton in advance.

Talked with DBMG yesterday around 1800 hours and the 308 barrel is tracking to be finished this week..........

My question here is are you sending them a barrel blank or a chambered barrel ?pardon my ignorance if this has been covered..

ok never mind I reread the thread before someone blows me up I am a dumb-ass!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunfuel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Talked with DBMG yesterday around 1800 hours and the 308 barrel is tracking to be finished this week.......... </div></div>

Nice. When did you send it to them?

All parts came together at DBMG by January 16th. AAC 51T muzzle breaks were last to be delivered and have held up the process of completion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Newguy2k3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone had any conversions done lately?

I have a creedmoor barrel I'd like to get done but after reading a few posts here I'm a little hesitant.</div></div>

+1...looking at a conversion myself and would like to get an updated sense of their work results.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonusvi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everyone with an MRP or MWS should consider the Effetto Mariposa torque wrench for barrel changes because it tops out at the recommended 140 and allows for on board SOPMOD or A2 stock storage.

Mariposa3.jpg

</div></div>I like that. I think you could fit a Borka MG5 wrench into a Vltor or LMT stock also. I will have to check.

I would steer clear of DBMG. I have been waiting for over a month and a half after being promised a week turnaround. Every time I call, they say it will be shipped. I call a week later and they say the same thing. I called last week and they said it had shipped. I haven't seen anything. They never respond to emails and have never called me back when I have left a message. The only way I get a response is if I call them constantly until someone picks up. Very poor customer service.

bluebear, sometimes the unique service that a company like DBMG offers is run by a single entrepreneur. That entrepreneur may do all of the machining, fitting, ordering, paperwork, and sales Etc. He may even be doing this as a second job. I’m sure you get my point that he may not have the time to answer the phone every time or respond to emails and get any “work” done.

I’m not sure how long the process takes to do a barrel but I doubt at the price he is charging that he is getting rich. I just see a lot of bashing of small companies on the forum that are having growing pains and they are getting beat down like they have the resources and money of DPMS or some of the other large gun corporations that might deserve it.

I apologize if sharing my experience was out of line. How long should I wait before bringing this situation to the attention of other potential customers? Just let me know and I will sit tight until that date.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OFIS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First and only post to bash a company... bad forum karma. </div></div>

My interaction with DBMG was the same as Bluebear's. Do I have enough posts?

I don't think there was any "slam" of the company just an honest evaluation of how it works. Nobody said they made a terrible product. He just stated his experience as far as customer service and wait time. I was eager to work with DBMG on a project but I ran into the same stuff.

I've waited almost a year for some builds from other smiths...never had an issue with it...the difference was that I was told the truth up front. If you lie to me, avoid contact...big company small company...doesn't matter I'm out.

According to what I have read about DBMG everyone using one of their conversions is very happy with it. I have no reason to doubt them.

As for post counts...I'm not sure what the arbitrary number is to validate a member here. I guess if you need 100 posts to sell something...lol. I don't reply to many posts these days. The ones I do reply to are hopefully meaningful...probably not all but most. I could just reply with some "tag", "getting the popcorn", "+1" posts to bump up my count. Post count means nothing to me.

In my opinion it takes more courage to make an honest post on the internet that is less than "fanboy" about a company. Your credibility will be attacked instantly. Thankfully some sack up and post anyways...sure beats the alternative of sunshine and rainbows being spewed out to the masses.

Be safe, shoot well

Respectfully,

--KJ

I personally know bluebear, and he is one helluva gentlemen. He is also very honest. I would be pissed too if I were in his position.

It's not just bluebear who has been complaining about DBMG's service, I've heard it from quite a few other people as well. This is very disappointing to hear as they offered a great service that I might have taken advantage of in the future....now I'm not so sure about that.

The OP has not responded or posted in this thread in over 5 months.

I was thinking of sending him a 14.5 inch light barrel to work his magic on. Guess I will wait.

DBMG also has the parts for my MWS conversion, it's been over a month, communication has not been great. I will attempt to contact them later today to see what's going on.

KJ & bluebear,
I don't have a horse in this race, but making an account solely to give negative feedback is a slippery slope of credibility, overall.

That said, the numbers of people coming forward with similar negative experience gives me pause for expecting anything more from the company. So I appreciate the insight as a potential customer.

I wish DBMG would be an active participant in the discussion so everyone can be on the same page. But unfortunately they've got more vocal unhappy customers than happy endings...

I called them yesterday and left a message no response yet.

Has anyone gotten anything back from DBMG in the last say, 6 months? What was the actual turnaround?

OFIS- If you look, I have been a member for over a year. I am in learning mode and haven't felt the need to post here. I am also a little worried that my posts might be critiqued too harshly for some reason.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bluebear</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OFIS- If you look, I have been a member for over a year. I am in learning mode and haven't felt the need to post here. I am also a little worried that my posts might be critiqued too harshly for some reason.
smile.gif
</div></div>

I have to agree that the criticism here is sometimes premature or excessive. I think often it stems from a pyschology in which the owner of a different solution than the one being described seems compelled to defned his solution as "better". Or, the owner of the solution being described gets offended that someone else is criticizing his baby. For whatever reason, the excessive criticism seems counterproductive, as it shuts down useful, informative conversations when one or more participants get tired of the repeated beatings and just abandon the discussion.

I for one really appreciate this thread, and have been following it, precisely because I do own an LMT MWSE, have been considering getting a 2nd barrel, have been put off by LMT's lack of availability of s.s. barrels, and thought maybe this aftermarket source might be a solution. But after reading the thread, I don't think so. It would be bad enuogh ordering a barrel and having to wait an UNDETERMINABLE period of time. But it is totally unacceptable to be asked to send your bolt in too, so the rifle itself now becomes unusable for an UNDETERMINABLE period of time. So, I think I'll pass. Thanks for the valuable alert.

I do feel a great deal of empathy for the barrel maker described here. I know what it's like running a small business, and being very often overwhelmed with the sheer number of things that need to be done simulatenosuly. But, customers cannot usually live with lack of communication, delays without notification or good reasons, and generally being asked to "make the seller's problems THEIR problems". Most people find that unattractive. They want a simple, pleasant, reliable experience. If they don't get it in one place, they look for a different place. And sometimes, well-intentioned businesses suffer the consequences. No one wins. Everyone feels bad. The solution that solves it is the business owner steps up and does whatever is required to provide the level of service that customers need. Or, the market takes care of the problem via lack of revenue and profit for the business.

I'd really like a 2nd LMT barrel. But I need to know that I cna get an acceptable combination of service, predictability, and delivery along with the apaprently high quality and fair price. So do most other buyers.

Jim G

I think everyone's main complaint is the lack of communication and/or the owner saying something will be shipped when it won't. My source that I use for all my parts/builds is extremely upfront about lead times on stuff. If something is going to take 6 months, he tells me so and I can deal with that knowing the expectations up front. All it would take is for DBMG to come on here and clarify stuff for folks and I think everyone would feel better. Part of the reason why I got rid of my MWS was the lack of promised barrel options w/the twist rate and stuff I wanted. I couldn't find another company other than DBMG to make the conversions from blanks and seeing the huge lead time, I ran out of patience and decided to custom build a gun for myself.

It's not looking very good.

I have a Noveske Creedmoor barrel I want to get done. I have a previously converted 21" Noveske barrel that I though about taking to some local gunsmiths to see if they'd reverse engineer the conversion.

Honestly it doesnt' look too hard. Grind the index pin off, turn down the barrel a bit in front of the extension?, fit sleeve over barrel(warm it up I'm guessing) against extension, notch a bit for front bolt to pass through.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TRON</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any news? </div></div>

Nothing yet. One month and still waiting. I realize that its probably a small shop with a niche market and he's inundated as a result, but I would at least appreciate a callback or email response from them..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisLe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TRON</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any news? </div></div>

Nothing yet. One month and still waiting. I realize that its probably a small shop with a niche market and he's inundated as a result, but I would <span style="color: #FF0000">at least appreciate a callback or email response from them..</span> </div></div>

Like others that is the part that worries me.

If it takes 2 months to get to it fine, I'm ok with that. Just don't feed me a line of BS up front to get my business. Tell me the truth. And an update every once in a while would be nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Newguy2k3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisLe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TRON</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any news? </div></div>

Nothing yet. One month and still waiting. I realize that its probably a small shop with a niche market and he's inundated as a result, but I would <span style="color: #FF0000">at least appreciate a callback or email response from them..</span> </div></div>

Like others that is the part that worries me.

If it takes 2 months to get to it fine, I'm ok with that. Just don't feed me a line of BS up front to get my business. Tell me the truth. And an update every once in a while would be nice. </div></div>

Exactly. I'm willing to wait, but would have appreciated knowing beforehand how long it would take...

Ok I just got off the phone with Dennis he said my conversion would ship today, I'll keep you guys updated.

I received a call today as well. He is shipping my barrel today too.

Just an update... I was promised a UPS tracking number on the 16th. Still no tracking number and still no barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bluebear</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just an update... I was promised a UPS tracking number on the 16th. Still no tracking number and still no barrel. </div></div>

Boy am I glad I read this thread. Good to know.

Jim G

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bluebear</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just an update... I was promised a UPS tracking number on the 16th. Still no tracking number and still no barrel. </div></div>

This does not make me happy as my barrel has been there for a month. Don't care how long it may take, but some transparency on their part would be greatly appreciated.........

I called DMBG a couple of days ago and they answered the phone right away.

I spoke to the owner and he explained that the significant increase in business was the reason why their LMT conversions might take more than a couple of days now.

He also shared some info about <span style="text-decoration: line-through">the OP's</span> bluebear's situation. I'll just say that I'm not surprised the OP hasn't chimed in recently.
wink.gif
In other words... his <span style="font-style: italic">issue</span> is not primarily DBMG's fault.

I'll be sending a couple of barrels to the good folks over at DBMG for their LMT MRP conversion work in the near future.

Hi Snape,
The OP was DBMG so I'm not sure what you mean. I'm sure you aren't referring to me and my situation. My situation is completely on them. They just sent a Fedex number yesterday.

Eric

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bluebear</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It arrived! </div></div>

Good to hear your situation got sorted out.

Thanks.

However, I am now interested in knowing what DBMG said about my situation. You state "In other words... his issue is not primarily DBMG's fault." Whose fault was it?

Good news. Came home today to find my barrel waiting for me.. Never got a shipping notice, so it was a welcome surprise. Took just over 5 weeks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bluebear</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks.

However, I am now interested in knowing what DBMG said about my situation. You state "In other words... his issue is not primarily DBMG's fault." Whose fault was it? </div></div>

PM inbound...

Anyone have any work done by them lately? I've been trying to contact them by both phone and email with no luck. I'm needing a conversion done on a 6.8 barrel but I don't want to send it off if I can't get a response from them. Anyone know if there is another business doing these type of conversions?

Thanks..

I'm pretty sure I did see mention of another company converting MRP barrels. I'm pretty sure it was here too, but unfortuanately I can't remember at the moment.

I have a MWS Creedmoor barrel that I want to have converted.

Bringing this back from the dead.

Does anyone know of a Smith currently doing these barrel conversions for the LMT MWS?