• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT or LWRC Lower- Which one?

WldWldWest

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2008
Tenn.
Any opinions on these 2 lower's? (Both factory) Looking to finish a build and would like some info on both? Not a bashing thread just some opinions on both please.

Doug

Re: LMT or LWRC Lower- Which one?

I've got several LWRCI lowers, and they make good stuff. No experience with LMT. Do have a couple of POF Gen 1 lowers that I'm just stashing, and they ARE nice. There was a dude selling POF lowers over in the sale area recently for pretty good prices...ar15DOTcom also is running some engraved POF Gen 1 lower for $150 shipped, which is what I got in on. Doubt if you'd go wrong with any of them. Course, if you throw a bit extra in the pot, you COULD get a Larue lower!
smile.gif

I've had both, they're both fine. The LWRC has a nicer FCG.

POF, well, my Gen I lower will not drop Pmags freely. Quite annoying.

Are these complete lowers your going to use? and for what? I ask because if you are using a LWRC complete lower and are going to use it for a precision rig where you may be replacing the trigger, their factory safety's wont work with some after market triggers like Giessele. I had to use a DPMS safety for everything to fit in their nicely.

If this is for just a common AR. Both are great companies. Unless you want a certain look or function for something out of the ordinary. Most AR lowers regardless of manufacture are pretty much the same.

I have an LWRC M6A3 and the entire rifle is quality. I put in the enhanced fire control group and love it. Super slick. The whole rifle is solid. And everytime I post about LWRC I have to mention their outstanding customer service. Can't go wrong with them.

I agree with ajb in the fact that they are mostly all the same. I would go with which ever one you can get your hands on for cheaper and use the money you save on the barrel, bcg, trigger, or more ammo. But if you want something different go with the lwrc, they are way nice.

LMT. It might also be the least expensive option. you can get one with the standard M4 stock for $350 or the SOPMOD version for $480(the SOPMOD stock is $200 itself). I love mine. The diameter on the buffer tube is slightly bigger than standard, eliminating the play from the buttstock and it comes standard with an ergo grip and I belive it also came with a heavy buffer. Just my two cents.