• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT's new DMR buttstock.

Am I the only one thinking that looks like they made a shameless copy of the Magpul PRS?

How many ways can you make an adjustable stock. hmm

Keep it light an simple

a0csc5.jpg

I think what is nice about this is DMR over the PRS... especially if the price is right and is easy to slide on and off is... I can just purchase one DMR buttstock and it will work for all of my AR's! Just slide it on the AR that I'm using that day at the range. Also, if I want to use my regular non-DMR type buttstock like the sopmod, then I can just slide it back off & on. Best of both world.. Why wouldn't you? just more options IMO.

I take it they would need a specific 7.62 and 5.56 buttstock for the different tubes then?

I do like how it fits on a mil-spec carbine buffer tube. I have been toying around with the idea of building an additional "SPR" style upper for my DDM4, and if I could just switch buttstocks to this that would give me a bit more fine-tuned adjustability over my B5.

Other than that...still looks like a pretty shameless copy of the PRS.

Once you've handled it, you'll see while similar, it is different and lighter. There's only so many differences you can have while achieving the same thing. One thig you will notice as well is the angle of the cheek piece doesn't drop off like Magpul PRS. Where else can you get a real carbine length DMR (solid adj. cheek piece and LOP butt stock? Not Magpul.

These have been available for a few months now. Any side by side comparisons with the PRS? I know this looks like a copycat but I think it fills a gap in the market. I have had a several month long delema trying to get behind my optic. The LaRue & Battleline options have not worked for me & I think this is next on my list.

All this BS about how LMT ripped off Magpul's stock which completely ignores the likeness of the PRS to the stock on HK's PSG-1.

The LMT guy in the video is a ball of fire...

Pretty cool idea to design it as a quick switch wih the SOPMOD. In sure if there's a patent infringement with Magpul's buttstock we'll hear about it.

Once you've handled it, you'll see while similar, it is different and lighter. There's only so many differences you can have while achieving the same thing. One thig you will notice as well is the angle of the cheek piece doesn't drop off like Magpul PRS. Where else can you get a real carbine length DMR (solid adj. cheek piece and LOP butt stock? Not Magpul.

it would have to be lighter than a CTR with a SAPR on the back. But for some, this could be the ticket. The SAPR is adjusted with an allen, this thumbwheels. Achieves the same in the end, but one is $100 dollars less it looks.

Also, the cheek riser seems a bit far back. Would be curious to hear from someone actually using one in the prone.

Last edited:
All I could think of when I got the email notice/advert about this stock from LMT a few months back was "Really?" A "DMR" stock that looks just like the PRS stocks I already own, yet at a higher price? Could I make a DuMmeR decision?" Just who thought up DuMmeR and believed it was a bright idea for the name? Have not seen nor handled one yet, and I suppose a "quick change" option on a carbine buffer tube might be a nice option... But it is definitely not price competitive and it may take me awhile to get over the DuMmeR name...

I like how LMT used the sopmod contour cheek rest. I was thinking of writing magpul and asking if they've ever thought about doing that to the PRS. The only complaint I have about mine is the lack of comfort from the straight wall cheek rest. The DMR would also be great for a Scar with the vltor extension. I wonder if this has the same pad alignment setup as the PRS, teamed up with a JP adjustable butt plate and this would be a kick ass setup!