• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Load data 212gr eld-x 300 win mag?

I have put a few hundred of them down range over the past few months and have 250+ loaded for a class next week. Below is my load, forewarning it is getting towards the upper end of pressure in my rifle

Norma Brass Fired
77gr H1000
CCI 250
3.6" COAL to feed from AICS Mag.
Approximately 0.02 off the lands.

If using Hornady Brass back the charge off a grain and work up.

Accuracy is consistently between 0.2 and 0.3 MOA, velocity is around 2970 out of a 30" Barrel.

As always every rifle is different, start low and work up.

Your good lol I've been reloading for awhile, I'm not going to steal anyones loads. Good data, thank you. Have you tried any other powders or have you normally stuck with H1000?

I put a general disclaimer any time I post load data, habit stemming from being an engineer. I branched out into Retumbo for a couple pounds when I was still shooting the 215 Berger but it used more powder with roughly the same velocity so I went back to H1000 since I'm already using it in several other rifles. Hard to argue with 3000+ fps and groups in the 0.2s. Loads are normally around 2973fps but the suppressor gives me the extra 30 fps to get over 3000.

What kind of rifle are you running these through? I imagine if it's a light weight rifle the 212s would thump pretty good.

Also I don't know if you are using these for hunting or not but have you tried the 225gr ELD-M? I've been getting pretty good results with them though the 212gr seem to shoot a bit better(.25 vs .35 MOA). Out to 1000 there is max a 1/2 MOA difference in drop (3000 vs 2910fps) but past that is when the 225gr starts to pull away, at least in the calculator. Plus it adds an extra 200yds before it goes transonic (1620 vs 1820).

I am taking a long range class next weekend so I will get a chance to work up the drop data out to 1000yds just in time for hunting season.

Reactions: PB&J.
Its a remington 700 with and xrl chassis and heavy barrel. It has some weight to it, but I dont mind the recoil either.
Um yeah hunting was on the table. I was thinking of toying with it and getting a feel for myself as to if maybe I should make a target load or hunting load....but obviously, ideally both. The 212 seemed to have the best balance between speed bc and terminal performance.
Hmm Ill have to check out the 225gr. Seems like another good option to consider. T
Thats what I do, I work out drop to 1050y (furthest my range goes) verify my true dope at all known distance, then stick water jugs out at unknown distance to solve and shoot.

Have either of you tried the Hornady 208 ELD match bullets? Just bought some and using H1000 to work up some loads. Shooting a savage 110, 24" barrel, 1:10, 300 wm.

No, sorry. I've done the 200gr to match the factory loads, then i started the 212s for the better b.c. I've never loaded the 208s

Im super keen to see this ride out. Ill have some data on my own soon

CCI250
Sako brass
H1000

Unsure on what my cbto will be as im waiting on a shooter

I'm working up loads for the same combinations of components but have a 26'' 1n9 twist , anyone else using a 1n9 ?

Old thread, but here is a screen shot of the newest Hornady manual offered for Kindle.
300 Win Mag.JPG

Reactions: lou400a
Thanks for all of this, I have some new Gunwerks brass and both the 212 and 225 ELD's.
Ankeny, would you be so kind as to share the 225 ELD-M screen shot as well? ?

Last load I ran
Sako brass 2.610”
H1000 75gn
Eldx 212 at 3.550”
Around the 840 m/a mv with very low es and sd

I have had good results with Norma brass, H1000 74.6gn, ELD-X 212 at 3.50", Federal magnum primers.
Gives me about 845ms from a 26" barrel.