• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Load Data Help 7MM RM w/ Barnes TTSX 140 gr.

bug_eyedmonster

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 7, 2018
Howdy All,

I am getting ready to load soe rounds for the upcoming deer season here in California and cannot seem to find much info on load data. I bought a ton of the Barnes 140 grain TTSX bullets due to the copper only requirement here in CA, and the only load info I can find is on the Barnes site. I plan to load with Hodgdon H4831S powder. They call for COAL of 3.230, min load of 62.2 gr and max of 69.1 gr. Is there anyone here that has some experience with loading these? I have my rifle zeroed with the factory loaded Remington ammo with teh same bullet, and the rifle seems to like it a lot, so I was hoping to start loading with this before exploring 150 and 160 grain bullets. I plan to measure the chamber with the comparator, but wanted to gather some info. Thanks in advance for your time.

Jerry

I have about 100 pieces of once fired brass, but found out after running them through the sizing die that I ended up with bushing dies, and that I need to get bushings to size the necks. Since I'm waiting for the bushings from Whidden, I loaded up 10 rounds with new Norma brass. I loaded them .0045 before the lands based on my comparator measurements, and tested them in the chamber to make sure the bolt would close. So far, so good, but I need to make sure they fire without any over-pressure signs. Thank you for your reply!

jerry