• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Load development after suppressor is attached

shields shtr

American.
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2017
Judging by the NFA tracker, it looks like I stand a reasonable chance of having my suppressor in the next month or two... Anyone have to rework a tried and true load after you attach your suppressor? Or is it simply a POI change for the most part? Suppressor is a TBAC ultra 7 .30 cal. I plan on using it on both my .300 win mag and 6.5 Creedmoor.

I had to rework my loads once I got my suppressor but everyone's gun is different. Best you can do is try it out once your can comes in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Unless you are right there close to maxing pressure you shouldn't have to change anything. POI sift should be 100% repeatable so rezero with can on and you should be good to go. Let us know what you think about Ultra 7 when you get it.

On my 6.5 x47, my TBAC Ultra 9 .30 cal POI shift is consistent. I’m not sure if it is luck, but I did not need to adjust my load. I still get same small groups with the suppressor on or off.
On my cheap Rem 700 in .308, my group tightened after putting on the Ultra 9.

I will say that when working up a load, prior to shooting for accuracy, I'll shoot one round at each of my charge levels first without the can attached, then with it attached to check for pressure signs. I don't want to go through the process of working up an accurate load just to find that installing the suppressor puts me over the line as far as pressure goes.

I ran the exact same load with and without my suppressor.

I actually get better groups with the suppressor in and all I had to do was zero my rifle with the suppressor on.

It was about 1/2 a MIL low at 100 wit it attached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two 6.5 Creeds which shoot 1/2 -3/4" groups at 200yds with my handloads without my suppressor which I use for hunting. One is a custom build and the other is a Ruger American Predator that can shoot almost as good as my custom.
Once I screw my SAS Reaper MX on the groups are inconsistent and more like a pattern, I'm using the Tomb system anyone have any suggestions?

I have not worked up specific loads with the suppressor on yet but from most of what I have read this seems to be an exception rather than a rule.

Last edited:
Love my TBAC Ultra 7. I use it on my 308 and 6.5 CM.
They both have slight shifts up but both that are repeatable.
You’ll love it, It’s so light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little Update: Got my ultra 7 30 cal tomb mount and mounted it on my 6.5 creedmoor with a proof research barrel. I shot 3 shots in the same hole at 100, then shot some steel at 578 and 971. I was amazed. My POI change by about 1/4 MOA, but was easily still accurate enough to obtain hits on some pretty small targets at those ranges. Adjusted my scope accordingly and actually used it to shoot a cow elk at 583, I watched my crosshairs cover up my impact exactly where I was aimed. I wish I would have bought two more. I don't think I have the mental toughness to go through another year long wait though! I am excited to see what it does on my .300 win mag now.