• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Load Help

Brux

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2013
GA
Do you see more consistent results on your loads shooting them on the high accuracy node of the barrel.So in other words in my 308 when I load for the low node{around 42 grains of powder}I have alot of air space left in my case's,if I load for the high node{around 44 grains of powder} I don't have much airspace at all so I fill I get a more consistent burn rate.Let me know how yall feel about this.

I've loaded many rounds at both the low and high nodes, and haven't had any problems with consistency either way. My personal opinion, however, is if I can increase my load density percentage and velocity, and still maintain top notch accuracy, I see no reason not to. One thing I try to stay away from in most cases though, are compressed loads. I don't mind a slightly compressed load, but do not like a heavily compressed load. If my high node falls where I am heavily compressed, I will typically change powders to maintain a high load density and velocity, instead of settling for a low node.

Thanks,I am having a little problem reproducing my low end node and am trying to chase the problem down.Shoulders are set back properly and trickle charged.OAL is consistent.

I have 2 that shoot good but not consistent {42 grs varget} or {42.4 RE 15} and shooting some hornady match brass that only weighs on average 152 grs so it has alot of powder capacity compared to fed or Laupa which weighs in the low 170'S.

So you must be seating out to touch the lands, that's why you claim a lot of air space? Have you tried 2.800" OAL?

What' your bullet weight and brand? Are you neck sizing? How long is your barrel?

I think you're not on the node with your 42gr charge. Your node should be at 43grs.