• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Load suggestions

Surgeon_Shooter

Sure Shot Night Vision
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 2, 2009
    Oklahoma
    I just got a .338 lapua and I got some bore tech bullets.the bc is .869 on a 245 gr. Lapua brass. What's a good powder to use and maybe where could I find a load chart for these bullets???

Re: Load suggestions

Do you have a link to those bullets? Can't say that I have heard of them. BC of .8 something is quite decent for a 245 grains.

I use RL25 in both of my 250 grains and 300 grains.

I also use RL 25 under 300MKs.

Bore Tech lists two loads on their website. It says solids need a jump to the lands, so 338 Lapua OAL is specified as .070" off the lands. Fed 215M primers:

Retumbo 90 gns
    VV N165 80 gns

http://www.boretech.com/products/bulletsv3.shtml

Please let us know how they work,

Bill

Thanks for the help
    Guys. What do y'all think about these bullets.I just saw the b.c. And went for it.

You just have to try them and see. Definitely, the high BC is tempting. The price is not too bad either. I am just curious to see why the 245 grains and not something more standard like 225, 250 grains. It's certainly be worth while to explore since getting the Lapua scenars is difficult now a day.