• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Loads for shooting suppressed

coach4christ

Head mop pusher
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2010
NW Louisiana
Do you guys back off of your loads a little when shooting suppressed, or do you run with what you've got. I got my stamp in for my first suppressor today. Gonna run it on my 6.5 creedmoor. Thanks in advance....

Last edited:
Load doesn't change. You won't see much of a difference aside from maybe slightly tighter groups when you ad the can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I backed off and did another OCW process then seating depth to bring the groups in. It's your call.

I tested it and it worked just as well so I didn't bother. But just to ease your mind, once you shoot suppressed you'll never shoot unsupressed so don't fret over keeping two loads. Just worry about if you need a new one or not. My money is on it being just as good as before.

I had to completely rework my load for my 6.5 Creed. What was a pretty warm load to start with became too hot once I spun my new can on. Fat ejector marks right away and groups opened up .Extra back pressure was created by the can so, I started over and worked up an even more accurate load than I had before. Now I do all my load development with the can on.

I built one of my "long range" AR's in 2013, got my first suppressor for it in 2014, and have never really shot it without it.

I take it off to clean and use it on my other AR's.... I think I've shot it once to show someone how annoying the brake is lol.

Reactions: JPL-ATX