• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Locating a Badger M2008 action in .308

Re: Locating a Badger M2008 action in .308

sometime in the middle to end of February.

I figured if they don't want my money, I'll find someone that does...I even offered to send all funds, not just a deposit, still not interested in my money.

I cant wait to get my hands on one of these. Odd that they wont take a deposit yet - probably want to make sure they are ready to ship so they dont screw anyone around.

I know I emailed Badger a while back and they said they were not manufacturing left hand m2008's anymore, but will the m2013 or g2 be available in lefty?

No Lefty from what has been said so far. I had emailed about M2008's too, and none left in LH. None coming in new versions either... I wish there was.

Woo Hoo...get my C. Dixon gun this week. Thank you Badger for not wanting my money!

Anyone hear any updates on when Badger will start taking orders?

I know this is a crazy question. Would or do y'all have a left handed M2008 that you would sell. I am trying to get a AIAW in left hand but can't afford one and can't even find one.

Thanks,
Sgt. Kirby Evans CCPD

Badger told me pre-orders on Feb 18 and ship in March.

I was hoping that they would be offering the round bolt knob but it appears they are only offering the mini tactical knob. I was hoping for an AI clone look. Anyone know if you can easily but a ball type bolt handle on?

Got this from Marty today...

The M2013 is the same basic receiver, it will fit in the same inlet and use the same barrels as the M2008.

We changed the look of the action with some lightening cuts, and a 1 piece bolt stop.

The firing pin has been modified to improve bolt lift.

The M1913 Mil Standard (Picatinny) rail has been switched to Aluminum to same weight.

We have also changed the Round bolt knob to out Mini Tactical knob.

We are taking pre-orders starting 18 Feb with delivery starting in mid March.

We will accept payments but not cash or charge till it ships.
CC add 3%

Watch our web site or facebook page for updates.

Prices are:
Short action $1180.00
Short action mag $1225.00
Long action mag $1385.00
Lapua action $1385.00

Thanks
Marty

Call direct only.

They are waiting on some final paperwork from ATF before they can finish the actions.

When I spoke to Marty last week, he told me the ATF had approved the variances and the actions were in process for completion.

He said they'd be shipping in a couple weeks.

When I spoke to Marty last week, he told me the ATF had approved the variances and the actions were in process for completion.

He said they'd be shipping in a couple weeks.

Nice! Last I'd heard they were waiting... that was early last week.

Can someone confirm if their round knob will still be available going forward? That mini tac knob looks like bigger brother after a cold shower.

Can someone confirm if their round knob will still be available going forward? That mini tac knob looks like bigger brother after a cold shower.

The round knob is not available as standard equipment, but you can order it seperately. It is $18.

The same is true for the older, steel pic-rail, though I don't know the price for it.

Last edited:
The round knob is not available as standard equipment, but you can order it seperately. It is $18.

The same is true for the older, steel pic-rail, though I don't know the price for it.

Excellent news. That aluminum rail was almost a dealbreaker for me. Good on Badger for being flexible.

Great news!

Called BO today to see how the 2013s are coming along. They said "about 3.5 weeks more".

I talked to them yesterday and was told that they were still waiting for the ATF and at least 2 weeks to ship after that. I guess I'm not in a hurry though there's no powder or primers or brass...lol

I talked to them last Thurs and they have their letter from the ATF. They told me on Thursday they were finishing up the actions and should ship in 3 weeks...

I'm waiting on a barrel anyway, so I'm not too worried about it.

Edit 5/14: Barrel showed up today, still no M2013. *sigh*
30biy9s.jpg

Last edited:
I talked to them last Thurs and they have their letter from the ATF. They told me on Thursday they were finishing up the actions and should ship in 3 weeks...

I'm waiting on a barrel anyway, so I'm not too worried about it.

So every 3-4 weeks, a 1/2 week gets shaved off the lead time. Sounds like we'll be doing well if they're done before the fall.

I've got everything, including a fitted barrel, so once the action is in hand, I'm 30 minutes away from a complete rifle.

Bummer.

If the lead time changes again I will be canceling my order and sell my inletted AX chassis and start over with a Bighorn action. I've been wanting/waiting since early november and starting to get over it. No doubt the Badger is cool but I really wanted to shoot the Snipershide cup this year and with the Badger AX but that won't happen now. I missed the cup last year waiting for a rifle, I broke it up and thought I started this project soon nought this for year but I guess not. I'm not blaming Badger for the ATF screwing the pooch but the story does seem to change a lot.

Turbo, for you bummer is the right word. Even though I can't get mine rolling I'm still chomping at the bit for others to get theirs and put up some pics and reviews. This shit sure is taking a while...

If the lead time changes again I will be canceling my order and sell my inletted AX chassis and start over with a Bighorn action. I've been wanting/waiting since early november and starting to get over it. No doubt the Badger is cool but I really wanted to shoot the Snipershide cup this year and with the Badger AX but that won't happen now. I missed the cup last year waiting for a rifle, I broke it up and thought I started this project soon nought this for year but I guess not. I'm not blaming Badger for the ATF screwing the pooch but the story does seem to change a lot.

Sounds like a mirror to my story. Since November Ive had my Whiskey 3 sitting in my garage waiting, and my barrel, trigger, mags, etc etc all sitting at Longrifles waiting for the action. Hopefully soon...

I wish I was able to have an AIAW as a backup plan. :(

Anyone feel like emailing Marty and seeing what's up, given its the end of the month? I feel like I've emailed him 100 times :/

Hennig said:
Anyone feel like emailing Marty and seeing what's up, given its the end of the month? I feel like I've emailed him 100 times :/

Don't bother, please. My guess is BO is just as sick of saying "two weeks" as we are of hearing it.

They'll show up when they show up.

Don't bother, please. My guess is BO is just as sick of saying "two weeks" as we are of hearing it.

They'll show up when they show up.

My thoughts exactly. But when mine DOES show up, it will be like Christmas in June.. I mean July.. or August.
Either way it will be worth the wait.

Fair enough, I just have $2500 hole in my bank account staring me in the face that's spurring my curiosity hah.

I should just try to forget about it and wait for it to show up.

Last edited:
I was actually wondering today how many will actually be available when they are available? I mean it seems like the 2008 were hard to get so what does that say for the 2013. How many of us on the pre order will actually get in on the first production run? Will the gunsmiths get the whole first run then the rest of us who ordered them direct will get them....in...wait for it...2 weeks? The only thing really keeping me from being really pissy is there really aren't any reloading parts and pieces readily available right niw anyways.

Last edited: