• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lock-N-Load® Power Case Prep Center

XONavyshooter

Private
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2007
Texas
Does anyone have any experiance with the Hornady Lock-N-Loaad Power case prep center?

Will it work for percision handloading?

Thanks
V/r
CAPT1515NAVAIR

Re: Lock-N-Load® Power Case Prep Center

Hey welcome to the Hide

IMHO a Giraud case trimmer is a way better investment, it will trim chamfer in/out a case in less than 5 seconds, a cordless drill to uniform the primer pocket and deburr the flashholes, fast and precise.

Re: Lock-N-Load® Power Case Prep Center

It works well enough for me. I have RCBS thre way trimmers for 5.56, .308, .338 LM and 6.5 Grendel so it trims, chamfers and deburs those in one pass. Other calibers I have to chamfer manually on other station. Hornady pocket reamer takes care of my military crimps.
The negatives 1) it is slower than Giraud, but will trim wider range of calibers 2) The fuse that will burn out before the motor should be located in a more accessible location (in fact, one of these days I will change that). 3) I wish the adjustment screw was a more of a fine thread for finer adjustment; once the unit is set it stays that way, but I may have to go through half a turn to get it there.