• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Lockdown Drone Purchase (DJI Mavic Mini)

SlimySquirrel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2009
Hope everyone is doing ok through these strange times.

Like most people I guess, I have had my annual hunting trip delayed by a year. I normally only get back to NZ once a year in Autumn / Fall but missed out.

Bored out of my tree I bought a drone with the money I would've spent on the trip home as I'm keen to add some drone footage to future hunting videos and it had it's second flight a few days back.

Here is a short video of Cronulla in NSW Australia where I live presently due to work.

Hope you all enjoy it!

(P.S there are plenty of Red Belly Black Snakes in that scrub you can see!)

Nice video.
I really hope some rifle ranges would allow us to use drones downrange as spotters. Be great to replace spotting scopes with a drone down range with real-time video feed. Can even record the target impacts and splashes... how awesome would that be?

That would be amazing.

would need some decent battery life and a good operator.... I have one of those two things!

The last time I was at the range and "subtly" suggested if I could send my drone downrange to help spot my hits, the RO looked at me like I just had a negligent discharge...

Reactions: SlimySquirrel