• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Locktite on BUIS?

Sebben

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2011
Snellville, GA
So I have Troy Micro BUIS on my POF but I'm not sure if I should use locktite or not what do you guys think?

Re: Locktite on BUIS?

If it's an accessory and it has screws / nuts / bolts, use loctite on it. Stick with blue or green though, red is over-kill and will be an SOB to remove.

Just use one tiny little drop, enough to wet one groove.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: idahoshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tack weld it......</div></div>

HA HA! You know what I could, Im a Tig welder. To bad you cant weld 7075 Aluminum. So I guess Locktite it is :p

actually the USGI matech comes with red locktite

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pwerstroke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Matech BUIS comes from the factory with dabs of blue Locktite. FWIW </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whoMe?</div><div class="ubbcode-body">actually the USGI matech comes with red locktite

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pwerstroke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Matech BUIS comes from the factory with dabs of blue Locktite. FWIW </div></div> </div></div>

You are correct, my mistake. Thanks