• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lokking for 308 reloading data for a math equation

jrgator

Private
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2011
Florence, Alabama
I am looking for 308 reloading data to do a math equation. What I am trying to do is determine the expected velocity for a specific amount of Reloder-15 powder with a 175 gr SMK bullet when shot from a 26 inch barrel. I have checked Spider's Hide Reloading Depot and can only find a small amount of data and would like to have at least 30 data points to use to improve the accuracy of the equation.

What I need is the grains of Reloder-15 powder and the muzzle velocity that you have measure when shooting a 175 grain SMK bullet thru a 26 inch barrel. I cannot use any other bullet information except the 175 grain SMK for now and it has to be a 26 inch barrel.

If the equation proves out I will post it here on Spider's Hide.

Thank you for any and all replies.

Re: Lokking for 308 reloading data for a math equation

You may have a harder time than you think. These days it seems that a lot more people use Varget than RL15.

That and I can tell you from my experience that all barrels are not the same. With identical bullets my 24" Rock Creek was faster than my 26" stock Remington varmint.

And I think quickload may do what you are trying to do.

Re: Lokking for 308 reloading data for a math equation

I know that there are ballistic software available and I have used them but I am trying to include the human variable of using data from different shooters with different rifles. I also understand that velocities will differ with different barrels that is why I am using the 26 inch barrel

The data that I have found so far has a 72% accuracy and I am trying to improve that to at least 90% accuracy. When you consider that the data that I have found comes from different rifles, different chronographs, different altitudes, different shooters and different reloaders and their accuracy in measuring powder, 72% accuracy is really good.