• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft lol.. coat your ghillie suit in this :)

Ring

Rifle Instructor
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2009
Medina, Ohio
sites.google.com
imagine the instructors face when you come up out of amud ditch and all of it falls off
smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPM8OR6W6WE&sns=em

Re: lol.. coat your ghillie suit in this :)

Hey, seriously though,I wonder how it would work on say, a bolt carrier group to keep fouling off?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">imagine the instructors face when you come up out of amud ditch and all of it falls off
smile.gif

</div></div>

No shit, right! I wonder how persistent it is, I might still have some uses for it.

There were days when I'd have volunteered to bathe in this stuff just to feel dry for a minute, especially on the crotch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, seriously though,I wonder how it would work on say, a bolt carrier group to keep fouling off? </div></div>

im no gunsmith but i dont think it would work very well. in the video (i only watched about 1/2 of it), on the pieces of brick they had, it looked like it coats very thick. There might be some clearance issues there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Strykervet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">imagine the instructors face when you come up out of amud ditch and all of it falls off
smile.gif

</div></div>

No shit, right! I wonder how persistent it is, I might still have some uses for it.

There were days when I'd have volunteered to bathe in this stuff just to feel dry for a minute, especially on the crotch.

</div></div>

on there FB, they said it can last 5 to 7 years.. abrasion will ware it off faster...

yet another lotus-effect coating? i wonder how many companies are going to sell it something special und utterly novel

The video is awesome. I saw it a few weeks ago. The stuff apparently only lasts a few months before you need to reapply. It also gives you that slightly white finish that's definitely more transparent than translucent. I didn't see anything online about durability but given the description of how it works I would think that it's not something you'd use on something that rubs or comes in frequent contact with other items You can buy the stuff online today. I was thinking of getting some to play with but it's pretty pricey.

I wonder if it breaths at all for boots or if there would be lasting effects of the leather? Doubt I'll ever do anything with it but this stuff looks awesome!

I wonder if you could coat a barrel with it, the outside of course

I used it to coat the inside wall of our laundry room, since we were having problems with moisture accumulating on the wall and mildew forming. We'll see how it works out.

As far as a Ghillie is concerned, it wouldn't be persistent enough I think, but it's worth a try. The final coating has a white tint to it, like light sugar coating.

Looks pretty good for Western Washington hunting , cuz of the rain see:confused:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk