• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LOL!! So, tactical lever gun is a thing now?

Love my Win M94 trapper .44 mag. OAL only 34" with 16" barrel. Leupy 1.75x6x33 scope. MV 1875 fps with a 240 gr. XTP. Over 1800 ft lbs of enery at muzzle, 11 rd capacity. Fits nice in pickup. Kicks some serious ass. Not afraid of nothing when im toting that. Rob

Last edited:
Reactions: 458win and lash
Actually I just found a shop that does Marlin 45-70 conversions. They spin up a new barrel chambered in 458 SOCOM and machine a new bolt. Might be something fun to do.

I don't get the hate for a fun tactical toy. These are cheap rifles that have been made forever. Doesn't make sense to me to be such a purist about it. An 1895 was like $900 a few years ago and they pump them out of a factory. They aren't exactly high-end guns so it's not like anything of real value is getting ruined lol. It's like complaining about people modifying an off the shelf Fender Strat or something.

Neither. You need a Creedmoor if you're trying to maximize gayness.

I've already got that covered :)

img_5722_1_by_haftelm_dekukzw-fullview.jpg

Tactical lever gun
I selected the Chiappa 1892 Alaskan Takedown in .44 Magnum.
Working a lever can be pretty quick, so I kept it quick by adding a red dot sight. Now I can get on target as quick as I can with my AR. That red dot being forward keeps the easy one handed carry lever guns are so famous for. Adding a light means critters (or bad guys) can't hide from me in the dark. There's an extra reload on the ammo card mounted to the stock so I can grab it and go with 20 rounds of .44 mag. (30 with another ammo card in my pocket.) Plus... it's a takedown, so it travels real easy.

My Combat Cowboy Carbine.

IMG_0310 (2).JPG

IMG_1131.JPG

IMG_1132.JPG

IDGAF what anyone thinks, tactical lever guns are fucking hawt.
This ^^^. Every one of us loved toy lever action rifles when we were little kids playing Americans VS democrats.

• Haha
Reactions: theLBC
I like Tacticool lever guns, especially the SBR’d/suppressed types.
Biggest question is what cartridge to go for?

357/38sp seems the easiest option if you want ammo availability and subsonics (38sp), 44mm/44sp is also a good option but 44sp doesn’t seem as common.

30-30 is basically 300blk/7.62x39 performance so quite capable, and the big boy cals are just cool AF but all these give up mag/tube capacity if going for a SBR.

It'd be fun to have a tactical lever action built around Buffalo Bore 10mm 220gr hardcast lead loads.

I like Tacticool lever guns, especially the SBR’d/suppressed types.
Biggest question is what cartridge to go for?

357/38sp seems the easiest option if you want ammo availability and subsonics (38sp), 44mm/44sp is also a good option but 44sp doesn’t seem as common.

30-30 is basically 300blk/7.62x39 performance so quite capable, and the big boy cals are just cool AF but all these give up mag/tube capacity if going for a SBR.
My 30-30. I haven't had to track a deer since I started using it. All DRT. :cool:

wrik8KN.jpg

Did yall think this shit gets better with age?

Yeah the more I look into it, the cooler it gets. What someone does to their rifle shouldn't matter to you. What are you the fucking government? Are you really trying to gate keep the hobby? It's a gun that's been around for 130+ years. If you're such a purist get off the internet and join an Amish community or something, Ezekiel

Last edited:
I'm sure I've posted this before over the years, this lever action topic isn't new. It was a fun project. Marlins in .45Colt, 30-30, 45-70, all set up the same with XS rails. Leopold scope with all the different data noted so that it's an easy swap. The plan was for a trio that could hunt everything from rabbit to bear.
Collection4.JPG

I must admit after all that, it's the. 45Colt that ever gets shot.

Thanks for reminding me I need to peel the rail of my woods gun.. Nerds.
IMG_20230810_140226_296.jpg

Yeah the more I look into it, the cooler it gets. What someone does to their rifle shouldn't matter to you. What are you the fucking government? Are you really trying to gate keep the hobby? It's a gun that's been around for 130+ years. If you're such a purist get off the internet and join an Amish community or something, Ezekiel
You a cool dude.
Its still gay.

Where in the world do you get 50-90 ammo, roll your own? Very slick rifle!

That's why the reloaders end up with all kinds of weird guns at a cheap price. It's hard to sell a lot of stuff to people who can't or won't make their own.

My Dad was cussing my son losing a few pieces of his 40-65 brass. He spent hours making it out of 45-70.
I hopped online and grabbed him some Star-line 40-65, and he was plumb tickled. In the 15 years since he bought the gun, Star-line had started doing more odd caliber brass runs.

Reactions: MJF
While its not "tactical", i have done 2 CQB courses running a Winchester 1892 in 357 mag. It was a lot of fun. The only area I struggled a little was in reload times. Typically it was easier to transition to a sidearm and reload once the threat was neutralized.

Reactions: atomic41
Honestly my most fun gun at the moment is a Henry X model in 30/30 running subs through a dead air nomad. It’s got all the Ranger Point furniture, even a green holosun lol. I’ve only shot it at night with a reap IR, but I swear the thing is quieter than my 30 cal PCP. Practically zero recoil. It’s very much like shooting a big red rider BB gun. Kind of a ffft-thwack sound. Since the rifle harkens to times past, I suppose I would be more in the lumbersexual caste, if I wasn’t bald, that is. 🤣

I’ll try to post pics at some point.

When I graduated high school, my grandfather (ww2 scout and sniper Japanese theatre), gave me his first rifle. A 1923 model saddle ring ‘94 carbine with plenty of use behind it and some upgraded (around 1946) sights. Thinking about using it for a tactical build….thinking of adding a rail, of course a Holosun, chopping/threading the barrel and adding some cool vinyl furniture…

When I graduated high school, my grandfather (ww2 scout and sniper Japanese theatre), gave me his first rifle. A 1923 model saddle ring ‘94 carbine with plenty of use behind it and some upgraded (around 1946) sights. Thinking about using it for a tactical build….thinking of adding a rail, of course a Holosun, chopping/threading the barrel and adding some cool vinyl furniture…
Well, I mean, with the aftermarket sights it’s pretty well trash already, so might as well…

• Sad
Reactions: mtrmn
Wow, that would be hard for me to do. Buy a Henry and start chopping.

Reactions: mtrmn
Im guessing some of you haven't seen this thread by Frank.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
I've been Lebowskied.....yall are serious about playing tactard dress up with cowboy guns.
Jeez, ok ok....ill shut up.
😁
haha no worries it's all good :) But you know... people play dress up with these guns in their original stock form too ya know. Put on a cowboy hat, leather chaps, boots withs spurs, plaid button down tucked into a huge belt buckle and play action pistol and cowboy gun games... Doesn't make you a cowboy. I grew up watching sci-fi movies and shows that had a space western theme. Cowboy Beebop, Serenity, Firefly, The Expanse, etc. So having a tricked out space cowboy lever gun seems pretty rad to me

School me on the Henry. Are they GTG? I'm liking the Big Boy side gate .44 with a 16" barrel and large lever.

I'm still looking but this one is calling out to me the loudest. I would rather have one of the new Marlins but the 1894 has a 20" barrel and I want a shorter one.

My .44 Marlin Dark. I also have a traditional .38/.357 Marlin.

Attachments

• Marlin Dark 44 mag.jpg
    Marlin Dark 44 mag.jpg
    707.2 KB · Views: 136
Reactions: Jgunner
School me on the Henry. Are they GTG? I'm liking the Big Boy side gate .44 with a 16" barrel and large lever.

I'm still looking but this one is calling out to me the loudest. I would rather have one of the new Marlins but the 1894 has a 20" barrel and I want a shorter one.
Henery is great. Better than marlin, not sure about chiappa.

I liked mine. It was accurate. It was 327 Federal. It fed a bit funky but I am pretty sure they have addressed that issue in new models.

Henery is great. Better than marlin, not sure about chiappa.

That's a true statement, or was until Ruger started making them. The Marlin rifles made since Ruger bought them are outstanding fit, finish, and accuracy. Better than anything Marlin I saw since the early 70's

Reactions: Jgunner
That's a true statement, or was until Ruger started making them. The Marlin rifles made since Ruger bought them are outstanding fit, finish, and accuracy. Better than anything Marlin I saw since the early 70's
I had a late 70's marlin 30-30 and it was definetly meh. But i still feel like whoever makes it, getting it slicked up or whatever they call it is a must. They work so well after a real smith goes through it and makes it right.

JFC yall even influenced our boy Garand Thumb to get in on this gay ass tactical lever gun BS 🌈

Garand Thumb used to be the fckn man... but it appears even he has gone full brokeback mountain on us :( Fully expect his next vid to be him and Costa in full lingerie prancing around

I have S&W 29 and 629s so this thing interests me. I will probably settle on a Henry color case hardened instead, wood, 10+1 capacity, 20" octagon barrel and it's drilled and tapped, so a rear peep would be easier to install.

IMG_1715.jpeg

JFC yall even influenced our boy Garand Thumb to get in on this gay ass tactical lever gun BS 🌈

Garand Thumb used to be the fckn man... but it appears even he has gone full brokeback mountain on us :( Fully expect his next vid to be him and Costa in full lingerie prancing around

he's a fag anyway

• Haha
Reactions: myronman3

Yes, I have one from about 15 years ago and they are really nice!

Cheers! Sirhr