• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

lol Sportsman's Guide

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    This goes in tandem with the lol OpticsPlanet thread.

Apparently I have once again, learned my lesson as to why certain retailers have the reputation that they do. This tale of woe is a bit different however, and really outlines what you're dealing with.

I saw they had a 3 pack of the USGI neck gaiters in coyote in stock. Brand new, and price was basically 3 for the price of 1. I needed multiples of these for people cruising around in the desert in an open UTV and figured why not.

Here is the link, albeit they have changed the price since the 'sale': https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...urplus-knit-neck-gaiters-3-pack-new?a=2080879

So, USA made, USGI issue, brand new. Whats not to like, right?

Order a few packs. When I receive them I notice something off about them when compared to the actual USGI gaiters I have, and have used. They're more of a mustard yellow grey poupon color, they're flimsy as fuck and the stitching was absolute garbage. Found a tag inside them with an NSN on them as well as a manufacturer name. Curious if the gaiters had changed, I googled the contractor name to see what I could find. First few hits bring this up:

Yep, thats him. Guy gets shit made in fucking china and then tries to pass it off as USA made, to USGI specs to sell to DoD. Immediately I email Sportsman's Guide to let them know about this as well as request a return label as I'm not paying to send this garbage back as well as include various links to the issue above.

Get a response with basically just a label, nothing else. No real reply, no 'thanks for bringing this to our attention', nothing.

Few days go by and I get one of those obnoxious 'review your purchase' emails, and surprise, its about the gaiters, which are still for sale, listed as USGI and US Made on their site. I fill out a review stating the quality is off and that these are China knock offs, not USA made. Also link the articles in the review.

Today, I wake up to an email stating that Your Sportsman's Guide review has been moderated

I figured they were going to remove the article links; nope, they deleted the entire thing because "We've read your review and we value your contribution. However, your review did not meet all of our guidelines for being published to our website. We apologize for the inconvenience. "

Apparently mentioning that they are selling counterfeit knockoffs doesn't meet their guidelines.

Meanwhile, they're still up, listed as USGI, official issue, Made in USA.

Reactions: Lesch
    Man. This is why everyone hates large corporations
    No, it's why we hate sham retailers like Northern Tools, Sportsmans Guide, Cheaper than Dirt....

And why we shouldn't shop there.

Thanks OP for reminding us why we shouldn't buy from these Chicom-China-goods-outlet stores. WalMart is not the root of all evil. Anyone who is selling ChiCom stuff and putting AMERICANs out of work... is the root of all evil.

Stop buying CHICOM stuff. And if you buy from a company that is 99 percent Chicom crap... then expect that when they advertise "USA" then they are still lying and the only thing Made in USA is the label that they have stuck on the CHICOM crap.

Sirhr

I will not tolerate the bad-mouthing of SportsmansGuide. I am reporting all of you! Next thing you know you'll be bashing E-Bay!!!!
    1590875919262.png

I got a hotel from Expedia.com a few years ago. The front desk guy promptly used my CC to buy a new 60" TV and a case of cognac from Sams Clubs, gonna be a party later bitches!!!!! My CC calls me and asks if I'm buying booze and TV's on the other side of the country? I said nope. They canceled the purchase and they gave me the name of the guy who was picking it up. He was at the front desk when I checked in, so I took the time to ask if his TV purchase ever happened? I got the, "Whaaaaaaaaaaaa din do nuffin", followed by the "whatchoo talkin bout??".

Anyway, on the review of the hotel I mentioned the criminals who work there. Expedia deleted my post and emailed me. They said, "posting negative reviews is not allowed on our site." "posting information about criminal activity is not allowed on our site" and warned me they would delete my account if I did it again.

Add Danner Boots to the list of the deleting a review.

Last edited:
    Thanks for posting, I think the old saying “ if it sounds too good tone true, then it probably is.” Is appropriate here.

Sure they could have said "thanks, we'll look into it" yet, I'm not sure what else were you really expecting? You got to send the items back for free which the much loved Mile High Shooting wouldn't do for you even if their description is wrong (as documented in a few threads).

You don't honestly expect them to instantly remove the items from their website because some random person (to them) he says this is fake (without any actual proof, just links about lawsuits regarding "flame proof" and "NV cover" garments) which the items being discussed are neither?

By the way third party links aren't allowed in reviews just about everywhere these days. I wouldn't be surprised if your review was bot filtered without human eyes ever seeing it. Too many spam bots these days for most companies to care to check every rejected review manually.

So it sounds like a rag dealing with the chinks to fuck the Americans.