• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lone Peak Fuzion in stock anywhere?

951Hunter

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2020
Nebraska
Anyone know of a distributor that has 308 RH Fuzions in stock? I've emailed everyone I could get a hold of with no luck thus far.

If you get on that list, he'll just give you a call when it's done. I've done it a few times.

Anyone know of a distributor that has 308 RH Fuzions in stock? I've emailed everyone I could get a hold of with no luck thus far.

Reactions: 951Hunter
I've reached out to the aforementioned companies with no luck. Still in search for a (preferably new) SA RH fuzion

I preordered my RH SA .308bf from Altus earlier this year, had to wait 4 weeks. They will usually give you an honest estimate of their next delivery.

Now searching for a RH SA Alpine mag bf. Not yet in a rush because I still haven't received my invoice from Manners

Any reason in particular that you must go with the LP Fuzion? Just curious, because while they are definitely badass actions, they are essentially a close copy of the Impact 737/NBK.. just not as refined... or as consistent... or have as good of a reputation... for the same amount of money. Finding an Impact action in stock somewhere is about as easy as finding a crackhead at a gas station. Just my $0.02

Any reason in particular that you must go with the LP Fuzion? Just curious, because while they are definitely badass actions, they are essentially a close copy of the Impact 737/NBK.. just not as refined... or as consistent... or have as good of a reputation... for the same amount of money. Finding an Impact action in stock somewhere is about as easy as finding a crackhead at a gas station. Just my $0.02
Those are some bold words. Care to expound? I would be interested in examples of how they aren’t as refined or shown signs of inconsistency.

what in the sam hill

1703799479528.png

Well, this is just incorrect information.

Reactions: MarshallDodge
Those are some bold words. Care to expound? I would be interested in examples of how they aren’t as refined or shown signs of inconsistency.
Let me preface this by saying that I am in no way trying to dunk on Lone Peak here, or that I am some Impact fanboy. There was a time when I wanted a Fuzion more than I wanted my next breath. But if you do some research you’ll find that the facts speak for themselves. The #1 action used in PRS by far is Impact, and has been for a long time now. Ask the folks at Altus shooting solutions what they believe is the best action on the market. Ask respected gunsmiths like Travis Stevens of TS Customs which action he would choose between the two. GA Precision moved their flagship shop rifles over to Impact actions. I understand that my opinion is just as heavy as anyone else’s, but what about the people who do this for a living? I believe they know what they’re talking about, and when they all say the same things, it must just be a coincidence.. Impact is at the top, and nobody is doing it better than them. All the respect in the world to Lone Peak, they really are great at what they do and make a great action. But not one of you here can convince me that Lone Peak does it better than Impact Precision.

No one said LP was better than Impact. People are just taking issue with this nonsense:
just not as refined... or as consistent...

I called quite a few more gunsmiths (8 IIRC) before I purchased my first Fuzion & it was split 50/50.

As for why LP for me... in this instance my choice is mainly just build specific reasons.

1) I'll be moving this action between stocks & don't want to have to risk needing to inlet for the 737 bolt stop
2) LP Fuzions have aesthetically nicer fluting on their bolt bodies, this is a bling build (yes, I'm dumb, leave me alone)

I prefer 100/0 fp cocking to 50/50, but that's so inconsequential it's not really a factor for me. IDGAF about trigger hangers. I’ve loved the Impacts I’ve shot & my next build after this will be on a 737.

Reactions: 951Hunter
Let me preface this by saying that I am in no way trying to dunk on Lone Peak here, or that I am some Impact fanboy. There was a time when I wanted a Fuzion more than I wanted my next breath. But if you do some research you’ll find that the facts speak for themselves. The #1 action used in PRS by far is Impact, and has been for a long time now. Ask the folks at Altus shooting solutions what they believe is the best action on the market. Ask respected gunsmiths like Travis Stevens of TS Customs which action he would choose between the two. GA Precision moved their flagship shop rifles over to Impact actions. I understand that my opinion is just as heavy as anyone else’s, but what about the people who do this for a living? I believe they know what they’re talking about, and when they all say the same things, it must just be a coincidence.. Impact is at the top, and nobody is doing it better than them. All the respect in the world to Lone Peak, they really are great at what they do and make a great action. But not one of you here can convince me that Lone Peak does it better than Impact Precision.
None of that answered the two problems you brought up…not as refined and supposed inconsistencies.

Please use examples.

I’m not saying LP is better than impact, or any other action for that matter. But when you start saying a custom action is inconsistent and not as refined you better have some real world data to back it up. Not just “because PRS guys use impact”

Travis also does the majority of his builds on lone peaks..🥸

He is one of LP biggest smiths by volume.

Heard that from travis himself at a match in Montana last year.

Reliable info and this thread have parted ways.
Yup, almost all his builds are LP, but he does use some impacts. And he has recommended LP to me more then once.

None of that answered the two problems you brought up…not as refined and supposed inconsistencies.

Please use examples.

I’m not saying LP is better than impact, or any other action for that matter. But when you start saying a custom action is inconsistent and not as refined you better have some real world data to back it up. Not just “because PRS guys use impact”
“I better have some real world data to back it up..” Or what? It’s my opinion.

You’re wiping away tears and furiously typing on a keyboard over a comment I made saying that LP’s are just not as refined/consistent as IP’s. This would be different if I claimed that Lone Peak was just dog shit. It’s not that serious, but the real world data shows that Impacts are much more prevalent and have achieved so much more than any other action has, period. So tell me.. Why is that? Must just be a coincidence! You guys are expecting me to pull out a chart of every action LP ever made and break it all down for you, and if I don’t do that then i’m wrong and you’re right and that’s the end of it.

Tell me, what do you stand to gain by trying to prove me wrong here? I gave a guy my 2 cents about an action he was interested in, and here everyone is with their torches and pitchforks raising hell about it. You’re allowed to disagree.. but all you can say to me is “prove it” when you know I can’t possibly do that. Just like how you can’t possibly say that Impact isn’t the best at what they do. You just can’t right now.

I use Hunt’s ketchup instead of Heinz because the top PRS competitors use Hunt’s.

I also have no personal experience with Heinz.

-Stan
Show me where I said that I use an Impact just because of PRS. I also do in fact have personal experience with Lone Peak. I’ve owned both a Razor and a Fuzion.. that’s how I manage to have an opinion on the matter. What else you got Stan?

Reactions: ma smith
Yup, almost all his builds are LP, but he does use some impacts. And he has recommended LP to me more then once.
Travis also does the majority of his builds on lone peaks..🥸
And this proves what exactly? That his customers want an LP action for their build so he does it? Ok.. Travis built me a rifle just a few months ago, and I actually wanted it built off an LP Fuzion Alpine port cut myself (was on sale) and he talked me out of it in favor of an NBK due to the inconsistency and overall quality issues he has experienced. I’d argue that he did at one point, but not anymore.

Last edited:
Show me where I said that I use an Impact just because of PRS. I also do in fact have personal experience with Lone Peak. I’ve owned both a Razor and a Fuzion.. that’s how I manage to have an opinion on the matter. What else you got Stan?
I think saying that a manufactured piece of equipment is inconsistent is why people think you’re a moron. The word inconsistent when talking about something manufactured implies they’re commonly out of stated spec/tolerance or poorly manufactured and that’s just not true. I am an impact fanboy but the differences between the two aren’t noticeable and lone peak is definitely as nice.

I think saying that a manufactured piece of equipment is inconsistent is why people think you’re a moron. The word inconsistent when talking about something manufactured implies they’re commonly out of stated spec/tolerance or poorly manufactured and that’s just not true. I am an impact fanboy but the differences between the two aren’t noticeable and lone peak is definitely as nice.
Again, show me where I said that Lone Peaks are inconsistent, out of spec, have poor tolerances, or are poorly manufactured and I will gladly show myself the door.

Taking what I said and twisting it in a way that makes me look like a “moron” just makes you look like a loser.

“I better have some real world data to back it up..” Or what? It’s my opinion.

You’re wiping away tears and furiously typing on a keyboard over a comment I made saying that LP’s are just not as refined/consistent as IP’s. This would be different if I claimed that Lone Peak was just dog shit. It’s not that serious, but the real world data shows that Impacts are much more prevalent and have achieved so much more than any other action has, period. So tell me.. Why is that? Must just be a coincidence! You guys are expecting me to pull out a chart of every action LP ever made and break it all down for you, and if I don’t do that then i’m wrong and you’re right and that’s the end of it.

Tell me, what do you stand to gain by trying to prove me wrong here? I gave a guy my 2 cents about an action he was interested in, and here everyone is with their torches and pitchforks raising hell about it. You’re allowed to disagree.. but all you can say to me is “prove it” when you know I can’t possibly do that. Just like how you can’t possibly say that Impact isn’t the best at what they do. You just can’t right now.
lol I’m not mad at all. Sounds like we may have struck a cord with you though.

Nothing wrong with an opinion. But obviously yours is lacking a little common sense if you yourself can’t prove why you believe what you believe.

If it was something as simple as aesthetics or features, that would be one thing, but you are calling out a well-known, major manufacturer for inconsistencies in their action.

The whole point of my original comment was to say if you were going to post things like that on a public forum, about any action, you should probably know what you’re talking about.

But it sounds like you don’t and you’re just spewing random shit.

Reactions: 2Twenty3
lol I’m not mad at all. Sounds like we may have struck a cord with you though.

Nothing wrong with an opinion. But obviously yours is lacking a little common sense if you yourself can’t prove why you believe what you believe.

If it was something as simple as aesthetics or features, that would be one thing, but you are calling out a well-known, major manufacturer for inconsistencies in their action.

The whole point of my original comment was to say if you were going to post things like that on a public forum, about any action, you should probably know what you’re talking about.

But it sounds like you don’t and you’re just spewing random shit.
I truly do not see how i’m calling out Lone Peak in any way. All I said was that Impacts are not only easier to find, but in MY OPINION and MY EXPERIENCE more consistent, and more refined, for the same amount of money. I have owned both brands, and spoken with so many people who live eat and breathe precision rifles about the two. My findings have ALWAYS been that Impact makes a slightly better product. In no way am I trying to dunk on Lone Peak. I stated that in the very beginning, and it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. Was just trying to give the guy some advice by giving my opinion on 2 similar products. One he could wait for, and the other he could have now. It just so happens that the one he is choosing to wait for is the one I don’t like as much, but it’s still a great choice. Goodbye everybody.

technically they are both Surgeon copies, both have improved upon that design greatly though

biggest difference is the action shape on the bottom, and trigger hanger vs. no trigger hanger
- Lone Peak also offers way more options, like titanium, 338 sized actions, etc...

and if we want to talk about PRS and wins and all that pissing contest stuff
- pretty sure Lone Peak had just as many if not more wins in 2023, including the AG cup

I truly do not see how i’m calling out Lone Peak in any way. All I said was that Impacts are not only easier to find, but in MY OPINION and MY EXPERIENCE more consistent, and more refined, for the same amount of money. I have owned both brands, and spoken with so many people who live eat and breathe precision rifles about the two. My findings have ALWAYS been that Impact makes a slightly better product. In no way am I trying to dunk on Lone Peak. I stated that in the very beginning, and it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. Was just trying to give the guy some advice by giving my opinion on 2 similar products. One he could wait for, and the other he could have now. It just so happens that the one he is choosing to wait for is the one I don’t like as much, but it’s still a great choice. Goodbye everybody.
Again, that’s fine. Your opinion. Some may prefer impact. Some may prefer LP. Some may prefer something else.

Back to the original comment. In your experience, what exactly makes them more “consistent” and refined? That’s all I asked. Simple question.

For some reason, you weren’t able to answer those questions and became defensive.

Reactions: Midwestside
Again, that’s fine. Your opinion. Some may prefer impact. Some may prefer LP. Some may prefer something else.

Back to the original comment. In your experience, what exactly makes them more “consistent” and refined? That’s all I asked. Simple question.

For some reason, you weren’t able to answer those questions and became defensive.
I literally just gave you the answer to your question, it’s just not good enough for you. I’ve owned both, and the Impacts Ive had were better than the LP’s. I’ve also gathered opinions from other people in the community, who I’ve already named earlier, who all sided with Impact. I also added in some other things such as the percentage of top performers in PRS using Impacts, but was ridiculed for doing so.. so I defended myself. Any other questions I can answer for you?

I guess as a complete aside I'll ask. From a PURELY bolt opening/pull/closing standpoint which do you guys prefer? Whenever I do another build in the future I'll be between those two options and may as well ask now.

I guess as a complete aside I'll ask. From a PURELY bolt opening/pull/closing standpoint which do you guys prefer? Whenever I do another build in the future I'll be between those two options and may as well ask now.
I’ll just say I run LP actions and my buddies all run Impacts. Whenever they run my rifle they all say the LP are a tad smoother.

They are both at the top IMO and it’s splitting hairs between the two.

Please don’t derail my ketchup discussion with rifle talk. I am here to learn. Thank you.

-Stan

Reactions: mtnhunter22
I have never fondled an impact. But I have run a lone peak fuzion and it was the smoothest action I’ve ever experienced.

However, I agree with the previous reply that both of these are the top of technology. Splitting hairs looking for certainty between Impact and LP and Terminus is a fools errand. They are all so good that any weakness on one side or the other is so minor as not to matter. Only Small trade offs or personal preferences between the three.

Reactions: stanley_white
From a PURELY bolt opening/pull/closing standpoint which do you guys prefer?

I think the LPs are barely smoother. That said, once you have 1,000+ cycles on each, you're really splitting hairs & it's nearly impossible to tell the difference. I wouldn't be surprised if what magazine & how well it's tuned has a larger influence on feel than Impact v. LP (but I haven't tested this on any 737s). You certainly won't notice a difference between the two actions on the clock. The only real difference in feel is how they cock the firing pin, & that's a matter of personal preference. I prefer LP's 100% cock-on-open to Impact's split 50/50 cock-on-open/cock-on-close.

I'll mention that you will read about 2 issues with Lone peaks in older threads that LP has since remedied. 1) the first 1,100ish serial numbers aren't indexed to accept prefits, all # after that do. 2) Some people experienced ejection issues when using some optic monomounts (Spuhr, etc) that needed to be remedied by grinding the extractor, however, they ship with a ground extractor now. My extraction is very positive & consistent.

Try Snake River Cerakote. They get new inventory all the time. My buddy gets all his Lone Peak actions there.

Debunk it then.

All the measurements of both actions are just as consistent as the other. Lone Peak has been around for as long and possibly longer than Impact. You'll find almost no complaints anywhere about Lone Peak....invalidating the "reputation" part. And in the hunting world, Lone Peak is more popular than Impact by a good margin.

Your statements are purely anecdotal and almost irresponsible. As you presented them as statements of fact and not opinion.

It's also pretty hard to "debunk" completely anecdotal statements that you have zero data to back up, except "I owned a couple."

You listed three smiths. Also, GAP changed after a huge price increase and possibility of Defiance shutting its doors, so let's not pretend that didn't have something to do with it.

There's plenty of other shops across the country that build more Lone Peak builds than Impacts. We build about 150 rifles every year and cater mostly to the hunting market. We get almost zero requests for Impact actions even though we like Impact quite a bit. You're speaking from experience in a very, very tiny niche world. GAP, TS, and Altus all cater to a niche part of the industry just like this forum is a very niche part of the entire industry.

You're also literally trying to argue that some action does push feed better than another action. It's pretty hard for any action to do that better than anyone mechanically. You'd have to put out an absolute garbage product for another action to be more reliable than yours in a push feed.

Reactions: stanley_white
Also, FWIW, Lone Peak does not currently offer OEM actions. They did in the past, but currently do not. Which means there isn't even the opportunity for a place like GAP to use their actions with their own branding.

Doesn't mean they would "beat" out Impact for something like that. But when they don't offer the option, you can't use that as a data point for being "better."

Lone Peak has been around for as long and possibly longer than Impact.
About the same... I think Lone Peak Arms was founded in 2014, Impact was 2015?
GAP changed after a huge price increase and possibility of Defiance shutting its doors, so let's not pretend that didn't have something to do with it.
They weren't alone, a few other smiths dropped them. Tangential, but didn't Defiance bring some of their prices back down?
They did in the past, but currently do not.
Clayton Smith not selling Caprocks anymore?

All the measurements of both actions are just as consistent as the other. Lone Peak has been around for as long and possibly longer than Impact. You'll find almost no complaints anywhere about Lone Peak....invalidating the "reputation" part. And in the hunting world, Lone Peak is more popular than Impact by a good margin.

Your statements are purely anecdotal and almost irresponsible. As you presented them as statements of fact and not opinion.

It's also pretty hard to "debunk" completely anecdotal statements that you have zero data to back up, except "I owned a couple."
Damn, I never thought that stating my personal findings and opinions on a gun forum would get so many feelings hurt. What do you stand to gain by trying to make my opinion inferior to yours? The answer is nothing.. you’ll get nothing and you’ll do nothing, and that’s that. You won’t get an apology from me for what I said.

Damn, I never thought that stating my personal findings and opinions on a gun forum would get so many feelings hurt. What do you stand to gain by trying to make my opinion inferior to yours? The answer is nothing.. you’ll get nothing and you’ll do nothing, and that’s that. You won’t get an apology from me for what I said.
lol why are you back here?

You’re not contributing anything.

You’ve provided zero evidence to your statements.

No one stands to gain anything from “proving you wrong”. Get over yourself.

No one is trying to prove you wrong. All anyone is asking is for you to provide actual data/evidence/proof (whatever you wanna call it) to your statements. Obviously, you are unable to do that and just made yourself look like a fool.

Reactions: MarshallDodge
My gunsmith recommended Lone Peak and had me try it alongside an Impact. I honestly couldn't tell the difference and went with his recommendation. It has a 223 boltface and I have never had an issue with it.

A friend has an Impact and I shot a couple dozen rounds through it. Works as advertised.