• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lone Peak Fuzion

manki77

Private
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2017
Atlanta, Ga
Getting stuff together for a build. Anyone have any experience with Lone Peak’s steel actions? Are they better or worse compared to other actions in the same price range? Looking mainly into using the Fuzion.

they seem to be rated as 'smoothest' along with the impact. take that for what it's worth.

what are you looking for in an action? purpose/main use?

they seem to be rated as 'smoothest' along with the impact. take that for what it's worth.

what are you looking for in an action? purpose/main use?

Main use mainly target shooting/hunting

Looking mainly for ease of use, low maintenance, repeatability, durability for long term use

Before I bought my Impact, I was advised by 2 very highly regarded smiths to go with LP Fuzion or Impact. Only reason I went Impact over it is because of the Tenon but now I believe Fuzion has the Tenon dialed for headspace and swap barrels.

Yup. Ive had Lone Peak and Impact, they are very similair, and they are my absolute favorite of the custom actions.
The Lone Peak might just be the smoothest, with the lightest bolt lift. No reliability or QC issues to report as well. As others have said, the newer ones have standardized tenons for off-the-shelf barrels just like Impact does.
They feel the same cycling. Impact just has a trigger hanger, Lone Peak doesnt. But that also means the Lone Peak has a slightly larger chassis pool to choose from.
Im building a KRG in another Lone Peak right now.

Yup. Ive had Lone Peak and Impact, they are very similair, and they are my absolute favorite of the custom actions.
The Lone Peak might just be the smoothest, with the lightest bolt lift. No reliability or QC issues to report as well. As others have said, the newer ones have standardized tenons for off-the-shelf barrels just like Impact does.
They feel the same cycling. Impact just has a trigger hanger, Lone Peak doesnt. But that also means the Lone Peak has a slightly larger chassis pool to choose from.
Im building a KRG in another Lone Peak right now.
Hmmm. One more to add to the list to check out

Reactions: manki77
The Lone Peak Fuzion actions are great, I just had a rifle built for the wife on a Lone Peak Fuzion action. So far we've both been really impressed with the action, though we've only had limited time with it thus far.

I chose the Lone Peak for her build due to the great feedback on the action. While you may not hear much about them, all of it is great. I'm fact, two of the "top 10 PRS gunsmiths" steered me towards the Lone Peak. It was both their favorite actions, even over the much talked about Impact.

The quality is high on this action (as you would expect with a custom). It has broken in quite nicely, and it "feels" very nice. Light bolt lift and slick operation. The "feel" of an action is hard to quantify and is subjective, but of course it's what everyone wants to talk about these days.

The newest renditions of the LP Fuzion have really high tolerances, that a gunsmith can spin you up a barrel without seeing your action. It's a bit of a "no frills" push feed action - like and Impact, it doesn't have any ground breaking features, but it's probably one of, if not the best, "custom" rendition of a rem700 type push feed action yet.

If I wanted to buy another high quality push feed action, the Lone Peak Fuzion would probably be my top choice today.

Last edited:
I will echo what Thomas said.I have one and if your looking for a push feed action there are none better.

Would these accept savage prefit barrels? It looks like they would - based on the thread tenon - but I'm not sure about the bolt and whether it's compatible.

Also, how does the action perform in terms of binding?

Would these accept savage prefit barrels? It looks like they would - based on the thread tenon - but I'm not sure about the bolt and whether it's compatible.

believe it's remage at 16tpi versus savage at 20tpi

Have a Lone Peak Fusion action and it is as good as it gets in custom actions.

They are pretty bind resistant. You can make it bind if you put pretty excessive force side to side or up to down (like any custom action). But the action doesn't bind if you run the bolt like you are shooting it.

If you have problems with binding this action while shooting, then your mechanics are really wrong.

Reactions: MYMP5 and manki77
I know very little about remage prefit barrels. Would i just screw in the barrel with appropiate go guage and than tighten down a remage nut over the barrel onto the lone peak Fuzion?

Especially since the new Lone Peak Fuzions can have a barrel spun up for them without the gunsmith having an action, I would just get a shouldered barrel. No advantage to a barrel nut system over a shouldered barrel, and IMO shouldered barrels have more advantages.

Also, i suggest the steel version. Im sure the titanium version is great but I only have experience on the steel one and I know for a fact that it rocks. I hear titanium actions can sometimes be a little sticky. But again, no experience there. Maybe the LP titanium actions are different.

Not exaggerating, LP's titanium actions are slicker than most steel actions I've handled. Would I recommend one for high volume match shooting, no, but they are very smooth.

Agree with the comments above, they don't get the hype as some of the others, but are top shelf for sure.

Reactions: BCX and manki77
Thinking hard about building a hunting rifle with BDL bottom metal set up in one of there Razor actions.
Anyone using one for a hunting rig?

Thinking hard about building a hunting rifle with BDL bottom metal set up in one of there Razor actions.
Anyone using one for a hunting rig?

Im waiting on some parts for a razor/proof/Manners eh4 hunting rifle now. Mine will be a short/suppressed creedmoor. Should be pretty frickin awesome!

Reactions: Buck300
The Lone Peak Fuzion actions are great, I just had a rifle built for the wife on a Lone Peak Fuzion action. So far we've both been really impressed with the action, though we've only had limited time with it thus far.

I chose the Lone Peak for her build due to the great feedback on the action. While you may not hear much about them, all of it is great. I'm fact, two of the "top 10 PRS gunsmiths" steered me towards the Lone Peak. It was both their favorite actions, even over the much talked about Impact.

The quality is high on this action (as you would expect with a custom). It has broken in quite nicely, and it "feels" very nice. Light bolt lift and slick operation. The "feel" of an action is hard to quantify and is subjective, but of course it's what everyone wants to talk about these days.

The newest renditions of the LP Fuzion have really high tolerances, that a gunsmith can spin you up a barrel without seeing your action. It's a bit of a "no frills" push feed action - like and Impact, it doesn't have any ground breaking features, but it's probably one of, if not the best, "custom" rendition of a rem700 type push feed action yet.

If I wanted to buy another high quality push feed action, the Lone Peak Fuzion would probably be my top choice today.
DITTO

I'm thinking of getting the Fusion over Defiance or Impact due to wait time (Defiance is 10 months I believe) and AW mags (Impact doesn't accommodate).

I know the guys at lone peak as we live in the same area and shoot some matches together and they are stand up guys. Happy to give them my money, especially as they cover all but one of my wants (60° throw) but I have a Tempest to fill that void :)

Is the titanium as slick as their regular action. I want my next action to be smooth as possible.

Is the titanium as slick as their regular action. I want my next action to be smooth as possible.

They are very slick for a titanium action.. if you want smooth as possible, you want steel on steel.

I run both arc and aw in mine without any problems.Its in an ax chassis and works perfect without any chassis mods.

I know this actions are cut for AW mags but will the ARC mags work or no?
AW cut actions will accept AICS magazines, and the ARC mag is an AICS pattern magazine that changes how the rounds are stored inside the magazine body (no change to the feed lips besides to make them slightly shorter).

Any updates out of anybody ?
ive been running lone peaks on both of my match rigs fir about 3 years now. There actions are top notch ive played with almost every custom action out there still prefer the feel of my lone peak over any of the others.
IMG_1949.jpg
IMG_1349.jpg

Have around 2,000 rounds on this one. It is by far my favorite action ive ever used. You wont be disappointed!

_MG_0621.jpg

Reactions: kthomas
i was debating between these two actions for awhile, lone peak fuzion and impact. I kept going back and forth.. but what swayed my decision in the end was looking at the prs website i was looking at the current pro standings and I would say about 70% in the top 20 shooters were on impact, and the rest were using Curtis, and i saw maybe one using Fuzion. I spoke to couple gunsmiths and some of them only carry these 2 actions, so I'm sure they're both good. One mention Fuzions are more west coast thing and impact are more east coast thing simply based on location. One is more PRS thing the other is more NRL thing.. so either way i believe you can't go wrong just depends on your preferences

Reactions: 3guns2hands
I shot the PRS finale with Brian Black who is the owner of lone peak. He let me cycle the action and get a really good look at it. I would not hesitate to buy one and probably will in the future. I think for what ever reason they are more popular with the NRL circuit. I know the company is based in Utah. He was a super nice guy also.

Great company and great no frills action. Depending on what you want to drop it in the bolt handle may get in the way (mostly referring to bolt side folders). Easy to get barrels done as well so convenience factor is there.

Ok, looking at the Fuzion pretty closely. Is the consensus that the Lone Peak is nicer than the Impact? These are the two Im looking at most closely, but its tough when I cannot get hands on with either of them. Are the Lone Peaks as robust as the Impact? Im steering away from Defiance because of that, and have heard the Impact is a refined Surgeon 591 (known for its reliability).
I dont need the one at the top of the sponsor charts, but one with a decent following doesn't hurt either.

Reactions: Stoweit
Ok, looking at the Fuzion pretty closely. Is the consensus that the Lone Peak is nicer than the Impact? These are the two Im looking at most closely, but its tough when I cannot get hands on with either of them. Are the Lone Peaks as robust as the Impact? Im steering away from Defiance because of that, and have heard the Impact is a refined Surgeon 591 (known for its reliability).
I dont need the one at the top of the sponsor charts, but one with a decent following doesn't hurt either.
The Impact has a heavier tang. Not sure what they may or may not have going on with the bolt stop. The Fuzion has a similar bolt which is pretty meaty. What about the Defiance wasn’t robust? Can’t say I’ve seen any of the big names’ actions and say, “that’s a chintzy thing.”

Realistically there is not a bad choice to be made either way. More a matter of preference then a quantifiable difference in quality or features.

The Lone Peaks are impressively robust, if you are asking how they handle the adverse elements.

I'll let others who've owned both respond. But you are looking at two top notch push feed actions.

I have both, but I prefer the feel of the Lone Peak. I think either action will serve you well. There is not a bad choice between the two.

@Airw4ves something to maybe consider too is bolt handle size / feel. The Impact and Lone Peak have larger bolt handles than the Defiance. From an ergonomics standpoint it may affect how you need to manipulate things to not run into your scope. Myself coming out of Curtis actions, granted there’s two things to consider there, am still getting used to things. I don’t know how available they are but I know Lone Peak has some different bolt handles.

I have a question for the fellow Fuzion owners.

Has anyone found issues with chassis that are inlet for round bottom 700 clones? This stemmed from a conversation I had with a chassis manufacturer who said he’d have to modify the chassis for the Fuzion. Shortly thereafter I pulled the forend off my Whiskey 3 and could see that the recoil lug was canted. Loosened that up held it straight and re-tourqed. Per the eyeball specs looks okay but maybe not.

Hopefully that all made sense...