• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Long Island

BANG...ping

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2017
Any precision rifle shooters from the Long Island area? Who shoot at Calverton?

Bang

Hell no . I haven't been there in around 17 years. No cover and all that sand. Its not the safest place during cease fires either.

same here:

bhoges, calverton got much better since obama and our crap state banned everything

no more bent SKS with a 50 round mag and his girlfriend shooting for the first time
still crappy benches and sand

best part about calverton is that in the summer they close the parking lot and you can shoot 300 yards

brookhaven is nicer but the range guys are a bunch of douche bags

i understand that they deal with jerkoffs trying to shoot themselves on a daily basis but a ass is a ass:

funny story, i brought my 338 lm to brookhaven a few years ago

range boss comes over looking at my AI like its a alien
he says something along the lines of why are you shooting that/lots of rails
i felt him watching me from my 5:00
i dropped on the bench and put 5 in a 1" at 200 yards (prob the best i had shot that rifle in a long time)
i turned around and said "take a picture it will last longer, im going to do this all day, ill give you the target when im done"
he was red faced...DICK

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
I shoot every week. I will never go to Brookhaven. I was there once and the range officer held the line until the brass under my bench was picked up. Weren't even my cases/ caliber. They also only allow you to staple one target up at a time. Every break you have to go down and change your target. Worst range ever.

Usually hit Calverton up once or twice a week during the summer. I only shoot at the 200 yard benches to stay reasonable safe :)

Plus I go near closing time, less idiots around!

I always liked Brookhaven range better than Calverton. The range officers are safer and all around its better kept. But around here you are correct we can go much further than 200. Upstate is always an option if your looking to shoot real distances.

I stopped going to calverton in like 04 before I Deployed. I was flagged 2x in one day and called it quits. I may have actually been there with BuLLet if this is the same guy I think it is.

I heard stories that many years ago people use to shoot whatever they could drag there. There still a few sketchy characters that show up once and a while. We can’t be picky considering the state we live in.

Looong time ago.
Old washer and dryers ...like a junk yard

At the 200 yard line I'll put up a few hard drives and shoot them. I always pick up the remnants after I'm done. Found a tennis ball there as well and used that for target bait. The junk stuff was from the 80's, early 90's maybe. I never really saw anything large like W/D or Fridge, etc. Been shooting there since about 92/93 if I recall correctly.

Oh, and there are still 5 gallon lids to shoot at pretty regularly.

In the 80’s.

The kids were great, if you got a windy day they would roll along the ground.

Moving targets

Before they got strict with rapid fire you could let loose.

I haven’t been there in a few years, but I heard lately there’s about an hour wait to get in on the weekend. Crazy

In May they were the only place open anywhere. They had lines out the door, 20 cars waiting to get in. I turned around and went home not wanting to wait that long. These were weekdays in the afternoon, not even the weekend. They had a skip every other table at one point that contributed to the issue. It's better now.

I haven’t been there in a few years, but I heard lately there’s about an hour wait to get in on the weekend. Crazy

Reactions: brianf
Calverton this afternoon. Apparently, they just cleaned up the sand and removed years worth of fired cases. Mostly steel that was in front of the benches.

20200918_155103.jpg

20200918_155711.jpg

what's up fellas...Never thought I would see another long range precision shooter on LI/Calverton.
We should try to setup a little shoot one day

This is miles better than it was few years ago, I’ve been shooting there for at least 20 years... I’d be up for a friendly 🙂

I was there today, some pics in the 'precision rifles show em' :)

Busy as all hell, I showed up after 3 pm to just sight in a new rifle.

Last time I went there on weekend had to wait for an hour just to get in. But it’s usually less crowded past 1pm.